Meet the woman who won Halloween: Southwest Airlines worker dresses as exploding Note 7

Article from BGR: http://bgr.com/2016/11/01/best-halloween-costumes-exploding-note-7/

See also Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3893246/Flight-attendant-social-media-star-dressing-flaming-Samsung-Note-7-smartphone-Halloween.html

Halloween 2016 is officially behind us, and the day after Halloween is all about looking back through all your pictures to see everyone’s costumes. It’s also always fun to dig around online and see all of the creative costumes people came up with for themselves… and for their pets, obviously. Some people spent weeks or even months planning out their Halloween costumes, and they managed to put together some truly impressive creations. As impressive as some of those costumes were, there can be only one official winner and we found it.

Posted on Twitter by user @heathwblack, the photo above shows a Southwest Airlines employee at the Salt Lake International Airport in Salt Lake City, Utah. As you can see, she’s dressed as an exploding Galaxy Note 7 smartphone.

You’ll all recall that Samsung had to discontinue its Note 7 smartphone last month due to a defect that caused some handsets to burst into flames. Even before Samsung’s second round of recalls were issued, airlines around the world began banning passengers from carrying the Galaxy Note 7 on their person or in checked baggage. All you need to know to understand why is read this story about a Note 7 that caught fire inside the cabin of an airplane.

The Note 7 might be discontinued, but it can at least enjoy one last hurrah as the costume that won Halloween 2016.

What could be more scarier and more hilarious than dressing up as Donald Trump for Halloween? An exploding GN7. But hey, at least they weren't banned by the TSA. I might as well dress up as a the 2016 Retina MacBoook Pro but the creative professionals in that party might stab me.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

How are we still allowing these on planes?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

People?

They cause all plane crashed. This must be stopped.

100% of plane crashes were carrying people. #banpeople2016

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Oh dear Godoka: people are the bomb(s)!  ?

(I apologize for the bad joke. lol)

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

There are automatic flying planes and it crashes too

I don't see the volume button on that costume

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

There are automatic flying planes and it crashes too

Must be the people, it's the only consistent variable.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't see the volume button on that costume

No S Pen either but at least the fire is there. ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

No S Pen either but at least the fire is there. ?

If that was a man I know where the pen is 

Next thing you know, Samsung's going to take her off the flight and remove all the videos.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

6 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

If that was a man I know where the pen is 

Dammit, that was low hanging fruit man...

/s

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.