So, this guy on youtube said you can see more then 30fps (NSFW)

Mentalguy

I've NEVER heard someone say 30 fps > 60 fps. Not even on youtube

30 FPS > 60 FPS for me

Most of my gaming is done on a laptop with Intel HD 4400 because I have a spare block in school. So in this case, having resolution a bit higher and settings turned up a bit more and playing at 30 FPS, is better then playing at absolute lowest resolution and settings to get 60 FPS.

There. You just heard someone honestly say it.

"Rawr XD"

30 FPS > 60 FPS for me

Most of my gaming is done on a laptop with Intel HD 4400 because I have a spare block in school. So in this case, having resolution a bit higher and settings turned up a bit more and playing at 30 FPS, is better then playing at absolute lowest resolution and settings to get 60 FPS.

That's a confounding variable though.

30 FPS > 60 FPS for me

That's only because you are facing technological limitation, this doesn't count because I'm sure when you have your own gaming PC you'll like to run at 60FPS.

I moved from PS3 of which 95% of its games are at 30FPS then I moved to PC at 60FPS. That doesn't mean I prefer 30FPS, I was just stuck with 30FPS.

Lets just say you eventually have a very good PC and run games at highest settings at 60FPS, I am sure you are not going to lock your FPS to 30FPS if you are already running at 60+ with highest settings.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I personally don't notice a difference from 30 to 60 but do from 60 to 144. Not sure why, then again my comparison of 30 to 60 is YouTube never play games lower than 60 though.

I do something that you possibly doesn't want to hear to them and their family, they don't call me "Ze German" for nothing...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Arguing with console peasants about frame rates is futile. They're beyond hope.

You got that right

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I haven't heard anyone claim that. I've had a fair few claim that the human eye can't see more than 24fps... That old chestnut doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

The funniest argument I had with a console gamer was like this:

*I take out Asus laptop and start playing TF2* 

>"Hey I have that game for PS3"

"Really?"

>"Yeah. It's really slow." 

"It's over 6 years old. PS3 is pretty old now, but it was good when it was new." 

>"It's actually faster than most gaming PCs that are over $3000." 

*resists urge to hit him with aluminum-coated laptop* 
"I'm getting 45 frames per second right now on my laptop. I think PS3 gets 30." 

>"Frame rate is just a number. And I never understood PC gamers. They've always pretended they were faster. Console is faster, come on." 

*closes laptop and walks to other section of the room*

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

If someone says that in person, I laugh and stop talking to them. There is no point in dealing with morons. 

I work in film industry, most people around me hate High frame rate movie(personally I think it great for some genre), but we all agree that for gaming High frame rate = better.

Everytime someone says this, I always think of being a kid in the 90's Playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2. You know, that moment when you go from smooth sailing to slow down when there is too much crap on screen. I never heard anyone call that "cinematic" and applaud it, if anything it was more "Why is my game moving in slow motion?" 

While playing LOL a guy said "The human eye cant see above 40fps that is why the hobbit movie was shot in 40fps" Because his laptop was giving 30-40 fps while playing LOL...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

You may not have seen them or met anyone who says that 30 > 60, but they are certainly out there. They're the mindless hordes of people who are such rabid fanboys for the consoles they game on that they'll eat anything that their master feeds them. don't hold it against them. They're just gaming Children, they don't know any better, and gaming Children are innocent in the sight of GabeN.

They're still absolute flipping morons though.

GloriousPCGamingMasterrace

I was speaking with a film student and he was fairly adamant that 24FPS (or some number near it) was more cinematic than 48FPS, but we were talking about film. I'm not very knowledgeable on that area so I did not dispute.

Counter it with, "Hey , i'm here to play the damn game the way i like,  not here to watch a movie "

Details separate people.

I honestly think 60fps or 120fps is better than 30fps. I have been playing on console for a long time, 1 year ago I joined the PC MASTER RACE and Lord Gaben blessed me with his steam sales.

I can't go back to 30fps. It feels slow when moving in games compared to higher fps, or when it occasionaly dips, it dips below playable frames, where 30 is barely playable. Rock solid 30fps, playable, 30fps with dips below? Unplayable. 60fps with dips below 60, totally playable.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

For some reason the Quote button is broken for me.

Tech_Dreamer says: Counter it with, "Hey , i'm here to play the damn game the way i like,  not here to watch a movie "

It would be hypocritical for me to say this since I do like cinematics in games. I just don't like people saying 24FPS is more cinematic during gameplay.

I prefer 24FPS.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I've never had someone tell me they thought 30fps was more cinematic. Most friends that I know that game on a console tell me that the gameplay is "laggy" compared to PC. most aren't even aware that they are playing on 30fps, nor care I imagine. my own experience is that I hate 30fps cutscenes with a passion. dragon age inquisition does this, and its immersion breaking with all the stuttering and hitching.

@PlayModeOn the quote button is broken for me as well.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

PC master race. What is <60 FPS?

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840