So, this guy on youtube said you can see more then 30fps (NSFW)

Mentalguy

While it is supposedly true the human eye cannot see past 24 (sights per second?), this is why films and alot of tv are filmed at 24fps to give a more natural feel, people can definitely tell the difference between different refresh rates, for example Linus. Some people like it because it feels more responsive.

While it is supposedly true the human eye cannot see past 24 (sights per second?) People can definitely tell the difference between different refresh rates. Some people like it because it feels more responsive.

That's not even supposedly true. That's just something someone came up with to justify consoles' low fps.

While it is supposedly true the human eye cannot see past 24 (sights per second?) People can definitely tell the difference between different refresh rates. Some people like it because it feels more responsive.

WTH Are you talking about? :P

While it is supposedly true the human eye cannot see past 24 (sights per second?), this is why films and alot of tv are filmed at 24fps to give a more natural feel, people can definitely tell the difference between different refresh rates, for example Linus. Some people like it because it feels more responsive.

It's not even supposedly true. Might want to check your sources mate. And no, /r/ConsoleGaming doesn't count as a source, no matter how firmly some people believe you can't see any more than 30 or 24.

I don't do signatures.

Thats not true. You can see past 60fps. Thats just peasentry talk to defend their consoles

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

It's not even supposedly true. Might want to check your sources mate. And no, /r/ConsoleGaming doesn't count as a source, no matter how firmly some people believe you can't see any more than 30 or 24.

Yeah I don't know where I heard it tbh, I've just always thought it I guess

The human eye cannot see past 24 fps!!! Why would all movies be in 24 fps then?!?!? Thats right. Your wrong.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

The human eye cannot see past 24 fps!!! Why would all movies be in 24 fps then?!?!? Thats right. Your wrong.

I hope you are trolling, otherwise that mighty expensive build of yours is purely a waste no? If you can't see past 24fps? 

The eye isn't mechanically measured like camera lenses are, they see in a fluid motion.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The eye can see thousands of FPS. the question is how much can you comprehend. some people cant tell the diffrence between 5$ earbuds and 500$ headphones. some cant comprehend over 30. a video auto played on youtube at 60fps, I joked about how much smoother it looked, my dad had no idea what i was talking about. 

and some people hate 30fps and prefer 24. look up the soap opera effect. 

eyes dont see in fps, as stated above, we see fluid motion, the more fps the smoother it feels.

i have 144hz and 60hz monitor in front of me and i can confirm theres a night and day difference even when moving cursor on one screen and then another. not to mention gaming

AN EYE DOESNT SEE IN FRAMES

AN EYE SEES AN INFINITE FLOW OF LIGHT NOT FRAMES

damn people

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The "The-eyes-can-only-process/see-24-images"-crap sticks like nothing...

from around ~30 fps the eye does not notice heavy stuttering anymore, nonetheless, just as "dumb", there are superlatives for "smooth" . Hence, more is better.

Also, see above for all the "does not work with fps" stuff.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

As stated above, the eye does not see in fps. Back when ww2 was going US army decided to test how fast their fighter pilots eyes could recognise a flashing light. Now the results vary with test subjects from 1/240 to 1/1000 of a second. This would indicate that eye can see, depending on the person, at 240-1000fps. Later tests proved this wrong, with test subjects not seeing any difference in ~200+fps videos. The reason we have 24fps movies is that back in the day when films were a new thing, frame rates varied from 16 to 26fps. Then in order to make movie watching experience more consistent people agreed on 24fps standard. Later when tvs came along we got 30fps, and even later with computers 60fps,120fps,144fps

Disregard females, acquire currency

You eye is actually pretty shit, at a instant it may gather a ton of information but, after those chrmicals are used up they take time to refold and you brain adds some stuff, this most pertains to colors but if you bought a camera that was as good as your eyes you would take it back.

Human eyes don't see in frames.

Comparing the human eye to a monitor or camera, is comparing apples to oranges, our eyes are just so drastically different from camera's.

Also interesting to watch:

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

MAH PEECEE STATION ONE PLAYS GTA V AT CINEMATIC 24 FPS!! SUCK IT MUSTARD RICE!! /unjerk

xncccbverm.bmp

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Sure we all know that the speed of light is a mere 24 frames per second anything else is unnecessary.

-------

Current Rig

-------

m592aAq.gif

60FPS is unplayable for me, it feels like a slideshow.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I cannot believe this is still being said in 2015.

Faith in humanity, -2 points.

Linus is my fetish.

Can't figure out if trolling or stupid, either way, they include alot of "special effects" that makes the movie look smoother, also for a cinematic feel.