Post-recall Galaxy Note7 caught fire on a Southwest Airlines flight

Nineshadow
1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

Your fathers experience =/= global user experience

Thats like saying some guys note 7 is fine because he didnt have his personal one explode

He has/had a ton of software installed and it went off without a hitch, on a Q6600 build. How the Hell did it go wrong for anyone?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

2 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Thats like saying some guys note 7 is fine because he didnt have his personal one explode

There was also the fact that a lot of business PCs upgraded themselves through the Win10 force-feeding, and broke/messed up a lot of stuff for quite a number of businesses.

Welp, sometimes things just cant work out properly. No idea how much will Samsung's reputation plummet but even in the worst case scenario they'll still be fine. Samsung is large, they even make ships!

I never liked Samsung phones, now I have more excuses not to get one!

Edited by ModuleLFS

Yeeez, this it not going well for Samsung. At least no one was injured in this incident.

14 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Man, this launch is more of a flop than Windows 10. And that's no easy feat.

Why would you classify windows 10's launch as a flop when it has the fastest adoption rate yet?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Poor Samsung. They might as well discontinue Note 7 line ....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

15 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Windows 10 wasn't that bad.... 

Xbox One, Note 7, Apple Pippin, and Blackberry Priv were far worse.

Virtual Boy was a pretty historic failure as well.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

9 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

He has/had a ton of software installed and it went off without a hitch, on a Q6600 build. How the Hell did it go wrong for anyone?

Your comments make me doubt what your signature says is your occupation.A beginner coder in high school can answer your question for you.  

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

29 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Your comments make me doubt what your signature says is your occupation.A beginner coder in high school can answer your question for you.  

Maybe they can, but this has nothing to do with coding. Absolutely everything could have gone wrong for him, far more than most.

Of course crap happens sometimes, but if it was going to fail catastrophically, it should have for him.

If by question you're taking a potshot at my .net performance question over on the programming thread, I'm very experienced in Java, C++, and x86 Assembly. I do not claim to be any sort of veteran in C# .NET; and event-based programming, especially for web development, in a closed-garden virtual language environment is a completely different beast than I am used to. Further, the smart person researches and asks the experts. So, before you even think about judging my knowledge of programming or software as a whole based either on my question here or on the programming thread, take a step back and realize you lack my perspective, I lack yours, and being a condescending, self-important asshole such as you have been gets neither of us anywhere and also wastes the bytes of LMG while distracting the thread just to feed your sad, petty narcissism.

Now, care to try that again?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Why would you classify windows 10's launch as a flop when it has the fastest adoption rate yet?

Because it's currently losing marketshare BACK to Windows 8.1

1 minute ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Clearly doesn't, or we can just imagine that he's talking only about their mobile division, which will probably take a few heavy hits if a few more of these "fixed" notes fire up.

Yea cause samsung literally sells everything lmao

So many phones be exploding, I'm suspecting Isis :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hope this turns out to be a Hoax, ie phone still exploded but it wasn't actually a new version. 

28 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Maybe they can, but this has nothing to do with coding. Absolutely everything could have gone wrong for him, far more than most.

Of course crap happens sometimes, but if it was going to fail catastrophically, it should have for him.

If by question you're taking a potshot at my .net performance question over on the programming thread, I'm very experienced in Java, C++, and x86 Assembly. I do not claim to be any sort of veteran in C# .NET; and event-based programming, especially for web development, in a closed-garden virtual language environment is a completely different beast than I am used to. Further, the smart person researches and asks the experts. So, before you even think about judging my knowledge of programming or software as a whole based either on my question here or on the programming thread, take a step back and realize you lack my perspective, I lack yours, and being a condescending, self-important asshole such as you have been gets neither of us anywhere and also wastes the bytes of LMG while distracting the thread just to feed your sad, petty narcissism.

Now, care to try that again?

I just took a looked at your signature and it says software engineer, dont know what post you might be referring to.

A software engineer should know at a basic level that not all applications will play nice with new operating systems. Also that auto roll outs will not always function as intended due to some unaccounted for changes to the previous program or OS. With the hundreds of millions of computers out there, each with different configurations there will be problems with an OS thats auto-rolled out. In the case of windows 10 there was an overwhelming amount of issues. 

Im simply judging based your comment of a singular users experience could be compared to the global majority. its not something a software engineer would say as they would understand why many people would have an issue where some may not as its their, and thus your, job to know that as a basic fact. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

24 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Because it's currently losing marketshare BACK to Windows 8.1

How much of it?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

I just took a looked at your signature and it says software engineer, dont know what post you might be referring to.

A software engineer should know at a basic level that not all applications will play nice with new operating systems. Also that auto roll outs will not always function as intended due to some unaccounted for changes to the previous program or OS. With the hundreds of millions of computers out there, each with different configurations there will be problems with an OS thats auto-rolled out. In the case of windows 10 there was an overwhelming amount of issues. 

Im simply judging based your comment of a singular users experience could be compared to the global majority. its not something a software engineer would say as they would understand why many people would have an issue where some may not as its their, and thus your, job to know that as a basic fact. 

The problem with your theory is that Microsoft knows all of those configurations and can account for them since they are already within the bounds of the Windows ecosystem.

I also asked how, not why. Of course crap happens, but knowing how it happens is valuable.

And your definition of software engineer is both woefully incomplete and horribly incorrect. You're thinking of a systems architect.

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

How much of it?

6% of the whole pie was the last reported figure.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

6% of the whole pie was the last reported figure.

Then I really wouldn't call this a flop unless that number goes up dramatically.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Then I really wouldn't call this a flop unless that number goes up dramatically.

Going from 35% to 29% is a pretty big drop to happen just in the span of 1 month.

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Going from 35% to 29% is a pretty big drop to happen just in the span of 1 month.

Oh, 6% of the total OS market - I thought you meant of all 10 devices. Still, if it stops here it's not a huge deal. Either way I don't see the point in reverting. 8.1 was worse in every way.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Some of the stupid media used this pic 9_9

BN-FL474_southw_P_20141108234339.jpg

This one might be the actual plane

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/10/05/samsung-galaxy-note-7-explodes-while-boarding-southwest-flight/91602698/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I've said before that the Note line is never going to recover from this. It's ruined the Note's reputation permanently, but at least we had the counter-argument that the phone was fine after the recall. We now no longer have that argument.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I've had a good time with my Galaxy S7 since I got it in August. I had the option of the Edge version, but I figured it was too gimmicky so I just went twith what was farmiliar in a smartphone to me. The note isn't something that looks very interesting to me either for the same reasons, but it looks like they really Effed that up bigtime.

18 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

And lets just consider this new possibility. Now it might sound a bit crazy and its really unorthodox but ... Removable Batteries.

One can only dream.