Cooler Master Trigger Z Mechanical Keyboard Launched

Mysticode

As a follow up to the ever popular CM Trigger mechanical keyboard, CoolerMaster has come out with the new Trigger Z:

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/triggerz/

I for one love that it has a single column of 5 macro keys, 16+ macro keys is overkill, and having a mechanical keyboard with some as an option is great.

Totally agree with the whole 16+ macro keys, way over kill. Beautiful keyboard

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Cooler Master make great keyboards, real solid. Unfortunately my CM Storm Trigger was dodgy and as I bought it in another country not much could be done :(

The only disappointing thing is the backlight matching the switch (apart from brown which has white), I would really like a red backlight w/brown switches

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

ABOUT.DAMN.TIME

FUCK YEAH! Like half a year ago i asked a Coolermaster Marketing Manager if the full-black-bodied trigger would be released anytime soon, as seen here

He told me that the product was cancelled but what do we have here - a beauty.

ABOUT.DAMN.TIME

FUCK YEAH! Like half a year ago i asked a Coolermaster Marketing Manager if the full-black-bodied trigger would be released anytime soon, as seen here

He told me that the product was cancelled but what do we have here - a beauty.

You mean instead of the first gen silver/black one?

"Multiple choices of switched and backlighting"

Yes thank you finally. I want blue switches with white backlighting, it's been so hard to find one.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Looks like the Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate

razer-blackwidowu-gallery3.jpg

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Great that now they have it in a white backlight. But is their software fixed because heard that it eats lots of space and they seem to have removed the Storm keys.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I dont get it. How is this different than the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013? Other than getting different switches (BW has blue), if the price is higher, then I cant see why all the excitement./

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I dont get it. How is this different than the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013? Other than getting different switches (BW has blue), if the price is higher, then I cant see why all the excitement./

Blackwidow? Can I get that keyboard in MX Browns and a purple backlight? No? Then I don't see your point.

CM will be offering MX Reds, Browns, and Blues with multiple backlighting possible, also a row of Macro keys. Oh, and CM keyboards are usually MUCH cheaper than Razer.

I would be very surprised if these keyboards were priced over $100.

Blackwidow? Can I get that keyboard in MX Browns and a purple backlight? No? Then I don't see your point.

CM will be offering MX Reds, Browns, and Blues with multiple backlighting possible, also a row of Macro keys. Oh, and CM keyboards are usually MUCH cheaper than Razer.

Other than getting different switches (BW has blue), if the price is higher, then I cant see why all the excitement./

My point is that the Keyboard looks like a direct clone of the BW 2013. Except for the switch options and the backlighting, I dont see any other qualitative benefit of this keyboard over the BW unless it is of course cheaper. Thats my point. Its essentially a clone.

No weird layout...GOOD! This is a nice looking keyboard from CM.

Anyone know who the OEM for it is?

• 2 months later...

When is this going to be available?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Key Switch  CHERRY MX Blue with blue backlight

CHERRY MX Brown switch with white backlight

CHERRY MX Red switch with red backlight

So is that a no to multiple backlighting options?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but I'm actually gettjng this keyboard in browns soon, long story short. I had the trigger, it died. Claimed warranty after discontinued and got a loaner until it ships to me. :D <3 cooler master

can anyone tell me the difference between this Trigger Z and my Trigger. Because the only differences I can see are that the USB port is full sized which is really nice as the mini USB is a tab wobbly in the port. It won't break and is well built but it's just a bit wobbly. Are there any other differences. Unlike others I actually prefer to have a full sized enter key and short backspace key and long shift. But I am from the UK so it might just be a cultural thing.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

• 2 weeks later...

When is this going to be available?

in EU since today: http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/keyboards/trigger-z/ 

YT vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L42Y9s5QW4

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --