Logitech bought Saitek from Mad Catz

Carde

Now this is some interesting news for those of us who are into flight or space sims, Logitech has bought the Saitek brand name and flight and space simulation product line from Mad Catz:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3073495

It is no secret to many that Saitek has been in some trouble lately and most of it is due their own fault as their product line just was riddled with poor quality and poor quality control. RMA rates on things like the X55 where through the roof and the design was to blame. Many longed for the old 'glory' days of saitek when they truly made some excellent equipment like my own all time favorite X65-F.

I think I will be amongst many who hope that Logitech can kick things back into shape and come up with some truly solid products again, they have the capital and know how in house to do so and hence I am hopeful. I really hope they make a new force sensing HOTAS as well, I know they are not for everyone, but once you get used to it, you can't go back :)

There is also the small side line matter of the Star Citizen HOTAS(es) of course and time will tell whether or not those will still happen.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

You mean they bought(Acquired) them. This will mean good things for Saitek.

Just now, tsk said:

You mean they bought(Acquired) them. This will mean good things for Saitek.

Yes dyslexia and midnight make not for the best of typing, edited the main post :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

so.. as someone who pretty much only has logitech peripherals, and has been looking into saitek gear, this is interesting news to me.

Just now, theninja35 said:

Yayyy now that flightstick I've always wanted will only cost me 2x more.

have you seen the cost of the saitek stuff?

if anything, it'll last you 2x longer ;)

I've had 3 saitek gamepads and they are fine. They used to have awful cheap plastic but they have improved a lot. Hell, every single one lasted at least 5 years of torture. 

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

have you seen the cost of the saitek stuff?

if anything, it'll last you 2x longer ;)

They are not that cheap if that's what you meant. They cost the same as Logitech stuff here. Not top of the class stuff mind you. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

They are not that cheap if that's what you meant. They cost the same as Logitech stuff here. 

that was kinda my point to the person i quoted.

anyone who thinks logitech is overpriced crap should take a good hard look to what's inside their stuff.

i'm sure saitek (aside from unfortunate design flaws) follows the same ideas.

a few weeks back the wire on my logitech G500 went iffy, in replacing said wire here's my findings:

- the adhesive on their friction pads is reusable

- every screw in this thing is the same philips bit

- there is no glue or hardmounted components

- everything is made from surprisingly durable materials

- the most difficult bit of my repair was fitting in the slightly thicker cable

- i did not have to rip trough any warranty seals

this is why they're expensive: they're well made products, and something that's well made just costs money. they could easily cut in half the price of their mice by using hotmelt, cheaper plastics, and less durable connectors, but they wont, for good reason ;)

(comes to say, this week another friend of mine had his razer mouse die on him, i may ask him to pop it open when he gets a replacement.)

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

I have a name, ya know.

and i have a laptop that's really bad at scrolling so i didnt bother rolling up to look for your name, since the message wasnt directly aimed towards you anyways.

YES YES YES YES

I need a HOTAS and was blacklisting Saitek after the Mad Catz acquisition, but Logitech is galaxies apart in a positive sense.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

something something logitech spaceships. 

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's telling that Madkatz bought them for $30 Mil and sold them to Logitech for less than half that.

Here's hoping Logitech treats them better.

MadCatz needs all the money they can get right now. They might not even be around by this time next year.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Maybe they should've sold themselves to Logitech, Saitek and all.

I rather doubt Logitech would want all of MadCatz. With Saitek gone MadCatz has nothing left worth saving.

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

All the EVO fighters like their arcade sticks though.

Unless I'm mistaken and they don't actually make those.

All the parts for those sticks are made by Hori. MadCatz just has an agreement with them for the parts.

ooh interesting, maybe logitech can make saitek stuff properly 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

the star citizen hots was the first i thought about hope that will still happen and integrate into Logitech g software.

i just got my new Proteus spectrum and G710+ yesterday. my first mechanical keyboard what a difference. if they add this level of quality to saiteks hotas line :x.

sure Logitech is expensive but my last mouse was a MX518 first gen 7 years old and still works.