Supposedly leaked 1080ti specs show GDDR5 (non x)

Misanthrope
4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

thats what I just said.

ok, sorry got you now but....then why would the rumor be so BS?

In the end everything is gonna be ok;

If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Just now, TrigrH said:

because the bus width should be the same if they are both 12gb cards no?

don't think so. I think it depends on the memory chip's architecture

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

because the bus width should be the same if they are both 12gb cards no?

they are both 384, how are they different?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

they are both 384, how are they different?

he is comparing 1080ti v 1080

EDIT: nope, my bad, 1080ti and titan xp have both 12gb. @The Benjamins is right :D

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

They've done so in the past. It really depends on the timing and one would assume at least after Vega.

But yeah I can't really dispute your bullshit call though.

Nope, right before Vega. Always slash the tires right before the race begins.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

just a thought...

1080ti has higher clock speeds and is rated at 10.8 TFLOPS, veeery close to titan xp's 11 TFLOPS. Maybe they are doing this to nerf a bit more 1080ti's performance so it would not make the titan xp a pointless choice and render it useless :D

This is about as likely as dem dere Russian hackerz succeeding in turning offz de internetz with DDOS. 

There's no way Nvidia would not go with GDDRX on the 1080ti.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

It makes no sense for it not to use ddr5x so.........

meme.jpg

If they do I bet its just to make sure the 1080ti is faster then the 1080 (wider buss) and slower then the titan XP.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

If they do I bet its just to make sure the 1080ti is faster then the 1080 (wider bus) and slower then the titan XP.

We're not even sure if this card actually exists so lets calm down.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Choking the memory to kill performance, yup seems like nvidia!

I think this is possible, well let's see how it goes. As long as Vega doesn't launch i don't think we'll see a 1080Ti.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

This is about as likely as dem dere Russian hackerz succeeding in turning offz de internetz with DDOS. 

There's no way Nvidia would not go with GDDRX on the 1080ti.

Think about it.  It would be difficult for them to put a memory size between 8 and 12GB on a card.  Plus if they are using the same chip as the titan x but nerfed,  they need to have the same memory bus spec so they need to nerf it somehow 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I doubt they would only cut the SM count by 4. With Maxwell the cut down the SM count from 24 to 22 (~8%) and we all know the 980Ti was a little too good compared to the Titan X. Now this would be a cut of only about 7% with the full 12gb VRAM, I dont see this happening but lets all hope it does!

that would make no sense, must be a typo.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i call fake , the non X ddr5 was just an oversight by whoever did made the chart 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Previous x80 cards were actually cut down/modified versions of the Titan cards. That part doesn't seems as strange to me. The fact that they'd use GDDR5 and not GDDR5X is a little suspect but not the bus imo.

Not if there isn't enough supply of gddr5x, forcing them to use non x ones

57 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

i call fake , the non X ddr5 was just an oversight by whoever did made the chart 

This^^

I'm sure it's just a typo on a fabricated chart

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

5 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I call BS, releasing this card would undermine Titan XP's spot on the market and the 1080 already has no competition and a Ti version would also cut its sales short.

EDIT: MAYYYYYBE around Vega launch, but then again, Volta won't be far after Vega launches, so I don't really see the point imho.

same unless the 1080Ti isn't going to be the fastest pascal card they always save fastest cards for last year of production and HBM2 memory will be on the high end AMD Vega cards so Nvidia will have to use HBM2 memory on the fastest pascal cards in 2017.

3 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

same unless the 1080Ti isn't going to be the fastest pascal card they always save fastest cards for last year of production and HBM2 memory will be on the high end AMD Vega cards so Nvidia will have to use HBM2 memory on the fastest pascal cards in 2017.

But then again, 2017 is Volta... No point in releasing a new Pascal card which is essentially Maxwell on steroids...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

But then again, 2017 is Volta... No point in releasing a new Pascal card which is essentially Maxwell on steroids...

Of course there is. Volta for Titan, New Pascal for ti down to xx70 then rebadge for anything else. (so the xx60 is just a rebadge 1070 etc) 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)