Giveaway - Who won?

Joelbanks5
Go to solution Solved by WkdPaul,

Winners were announced in the giveaway thread;

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

like Nick said, these giveaways are not ment for the forum only

the forum is used as a platform for people to create an account, (perhaps see the community), signup for the giveaway, then perhaps maybe stay here and talk with people in the threads.

thats the whole point afaik. and its a pretty good thing to do. advertises the comunity and keeps things in-house.

there are some "forum only" giveaways (well there used to be some here and there in the past) wich were not talked about anywhere else.

And that's retarded. I'm sorry but it does nothing for the community when you have 80,000 people entering into a competition, increasing your forum count size by god knows how much with several 1-posters begging for a laptop. It's dumb. Sorry but it really should have had a 500 post limit on it. I get it when it's not a forum giveaway, but when the result is placed ON THE FORUM FOR WHO WAS PICKED, then it IS a forum giveaway.

Also, yes I'm aware a 500-post limit would disqualify myself but that's fine as far as I can tell. Legitimately speaking, it felt lame. It really did, and that's the issue here. It felt like some guy just swooped in and grabbed his winnings and ran, ignoring the community. 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

1 minute ago, Imglidinhere said:

And that's retarded. I'm sorry but it does nothing for the community when you have 80,000 people entering into a competition, increasing your forum count size by god knows how much with several 1-posters begging for a laptop. It's dumb. Sorry but it really should have had a 500 post limit on it. I get it when it's not a forum giveaway, but when the result is placed ON THE FORUM FOR WHO WAS PICKED, then it IS a forum giveaway.

Also, yes I'm aware a 500-post limit would disqualify myself but that's fine as far as I can tell. Legitimately speaking, it felt lame. It really did, and that's the issue here. It felt like some guy just swooped in and grabbed his winnings and ran, ignoring the community. 

Yeah, and the actual people who wanted to use the forum for things besides the giveaway couldn't for a while because of the influx of new accounts. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just now, arnavvr said:

Yeah, and the actual people who wanted to use the forum for things besides the giveaway couldn't for a while because of the influx of new accounts. 

I found that part to be fucking hilarious actually. xD They broke their own damned website because of their contest. xD 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

2 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

it really should have had a 500 post limit on it.

that is exacly whats been done before for those giveaways that were ment for comunity members.

this is ment for everyone watching the youtube channel. it would have been the same if they choose a random website for people to give informations, emails n shit, then agree to who knows what and go like a bunch of shit while looking at uninteresting ads.

this on the other hand is controlable, and provides a plug-in for people to use the comunity, as they need to make an account :)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

I found that part to be fucking hilarious actually. xD They broke their own damned website because of their contest. xD 

@LinusTech buy more bandwith and download more ram

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

that is exacly whats been done before for those giveaways that were ment for comunity members.

this is ment for everyone watching the youtube channel. it would have been the same if they choose a random website for people to give informations, emails n shit, then agree to who knows what and go like a bunch of shit while looking at uninteresting ads.

this on the other hand is controlable, and provides a plug-in for people to use the comunity, as they need to make an account :)

Out of all the responses I've gotten as a reply... this is the only one that's really explained/brought to light the issue at hand and what the idea was behind X or Y.

I see the point. Didn't before but I do now. o_o I feel dumb for not noticing that one... ._.;

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

One of the winners has had an account since July, not exactly a new account.

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

One of the winners has had an account since July, not exactly a new account.

And the other winner had 1 post. :P

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

5 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

And the other winner had 1 post. :P

That's how probability works. ;) LMG is pretty smart for handling contests the way they did.

-KuJoe

6 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

-snip-

You and i will never have chances of winning, because were considered content "rich". You need to be a content "poor", random bee collecting the pollen overhere to ever have chances of sucess xD. 5 posts is maximum before your unfit for choosing.

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, Enderman said:

One post wonders...

Whatever, it's just a laptop. There are better things in life.

^ I just stating the facts. 

Magical Pineapples

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

-snip-

Not when the laptop has lifelike colours on its display ;-;

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

You and i will never have chances of winning, because were considered content "rich". You need to be a content "poor", random bee collecting the pollen overhere to ever have chances of sucess xD. 5 posts is maximum before your unfit for choosing.

not true, i actually did win a giveaway once.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

-snip-

Here? Well lucky you, im sure i never will haha. Okay, so between 1-5 and +10000 :D?

Groomlake Authority

I admit I joined to enter a giveaway but i will probably stick around. What pisses me off more is the people on the winners profiles saying they admire him and a whole sob story about how they are only 12 and live with a small income family so they needed this laptop but congrats anyway. Lol

Who in their right mind think they will be nice and giveaway the laptop they entered to win

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

not true, i actually did win a giveaway once.

Then I just have crappy luck,  never won  a giveaway before. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

To people complaining about the poat count, let's put it this way, there may be many peopl who watched every single LTT video since it began. And some of them more than once. And thos people have less than 5 posty. I on the other hand may have watched 60-70% of them since many are not interesting to me. Hell i may have watched 15 videos top in the last month.

Now tell me, who is the bigger supporter? The one who watches more videos or the one who spends more time at the forum? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Here? Well lucky you, im sure i never will haha. Okay, so between 1-5 and +10000 :D?

Perhaps, I mean I won a giveaway too.. Although in that same giveaway a 300 and 2000 post account also won. There is still hope in this world left xD 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

37 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

-snip-

The one who watches the videos, likes them at least, talks in the forums in a helpful way (when possible and doesnt post crappy stuff/spamming) and is an LTT fan to the point of even watching LinusSexTips. Whatcha gotta say to that, Wiseguy?

Its all subjective, okay everyone can participate, but at least make a giveaway or two anually for the active community members... those guys get 21,000$ monthly!

Groomlake Authority

7 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

The one who watches the videos, likes them at least, talks in the forums in a helpful way (when possible and doesnt post crappy stuff/spamming) and is an LTT fan to the point of even watching LinusSexTips. Whatcha gotta say to that, Wiseguy?

Its all subjective, okay everyone can participate, but at least make a giveaway or two anually for the active community members... those guys get 21,000$ monthly!

Nothing because I've said everything I wanted to say.

It doesn't matter how much they make. If they made a million it's their good will to give something. I'm sorry but that's the dumbest argument I've heard in a long time. It would be cool if they did, like with the Asus Rog, but requesting something like that is not ok. It just isn't. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

-snip-

The only dumb argument here is the fact i included theyr salary. Everything else, pretty fair. Wouldnt be troublesome for them to giveaway something for the "elite" of the forum, really. Its dumb to protect them from the standpoint of not giving back to the ones that make theyr servers filled with data and knowledge, so to speak.

Groomlake Authority

33 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

The only dumb argument here is the fact i included theyr salary. Everything else, pretty fair. Wouldnt be troublesome for them to giveaway something for the "elite" of the forum, really. Its dumb to protect them from the standpoint of not giving back to the ones that make theyr servers filled with data and knowledge, so to speak.

Oh wow, "elite"  of the forum. You got me laughing there. Then they should only give to people that have more than 5k posts. They are the real "elite". Nah, let's make that 10k.

It's dumb to defend them but not to ask from them to give stuff away. They're running a business, not a charity. It's their good will and I agree, it would be cool, but demanding because you think they should give away stuff because you are using their forum is, again, dumb. It's not the forum that earns them money. 

18 hours ago, napiton said:

"  Since both said that the Blade would be their choice, it's on a "first replied first served" basis." -nicklmg          
Wait, what?
So If either one reply in time, they will not give the Stealt away? 
I somehow got the initial idea, that both of the machines were in the giveaway. So they would  separate first the entryes by machine request, then draw the winners per category. 

As in the original post:
"  to give away one NEW Razer Blade 14, and one NEW Razer Blade Stealth "
Or is it the latter will be given the Stealth?

It means who ever responds first gets the laptop they wanted. And the other gets the other one. Nothing more trivial than that.

12 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Maybe next time they could put a post count requirement on it?

Agreed. How about 10k post count limit, joined within first week of forums being online and daily logins? Maybe add 200 likes (from old forums) to top that?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, Bouzoo said:

-snip-

I didnt say demand, but dude come on, were all a big family overhere (this is one of the most active forums on the entire internet). It doesnt give them money, it doesnt give them more respect, but it does give us users a place to relief, deposit and collect knowledge. I just feel like they should allow the "elite" to have some treats, wether or not if its from goodwill or respect for the fact that we arent users that like you said, probably dont give a damn about LTT, other than the Giveaways.

Groomlake Authority

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

To people complaining about the poat count, let's put it this way, there may be many peopl who watched every single LTT video since it began. And some of them more than once. And thos people have less than 5 posty. I on the other hand may have watched 60-70% of them since many are not interesting to me. Hell i may have watched 15 videos top in the last month.

Now tell me, who is the bigger supporter? The one who watches more videos or the one who spends more time at the forum? 

I'll take it a step further, I don't think I've watched any LTT videos in the past 6 months due to getting really busy and spending most of the time when I would have spent on LTT videos on TV shows instead (although, I've still been very active on the forums). 

But I think both are kind of equivalent. The person who's active on the forum is more likely to stick around in the long run and leads to constructive (sometimes) discussions and helping those who watch the videos but still need some extra help/clarification. 

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, there was a recent (past year~) giveaway for active forum members only. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.