Giveaway - Who won?

Joelbanks5
Go to solution Solved by WkdPaul,

Winners were announced in the giveaway thread;

Once the thread has been updated to feature the winners. Entries close today, but you don't know when they (LMG or Razer I guess) will draw the winners.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Once the thread has been updated to feature the winners. Entries close today, but you don't know when they (LMG or Razer I guess) will draw the winners.

On the same subject, there's a crazy number of people who joined the forum just for this giveaway. It's like you see a new entry every time to refresh the page. Do you think that was (partially or not) the point in this giveaway?

10 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

On the same subject, there's a crazy number of people who joined the forum just for this giveaway. It's like you see a new entry every time to refresh the page. Do you think that was (partially or not) the point in this giveaway?

I know for sure it is the point of the giveaway, as well as 'to give back to the community' and stuff like that. Giveaways are always done to increase your userbase, whether that be subscriber count or forum userbase, Twitter followers, etc.

The thought is just:

more users = more ads shown/more people that support LMG via the forum (gold, silver or bronze badges).

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well we're the lets say 1% that subbed on YT, and joined the forum. 

They do have 3 million subs. So especially around times like these, this will happen. People will create a new account just to enter to win. Whereas, us the 1% already have an account we use frequently. 

Just be glad it's only the 80k and not the full 3 million.

I also took Nick's quote and shortened it down to be LMG Bae lol.

Just now, Peridorito said:

Anyone know who won the competition?

....what competition?

Just now, Peridorito said:

The Razer blade one

They will announce that with time. Verification takes a while, and I think they like to do the drawings on WAN show anyway.

Just now, Rune said:

They will announce that with time. Verification takes a while, and I think they like to do the drawings on WAN show anyway.

Oh i thought they were choosing a winner today

Oh i thought they were choosing a winner today

I thought like that as well, but it definitely take some time to verify and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Rune said:

Damn it. I don't watch WAN Show. :(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

You mean this one? It states "... Check back in one week. Entries for this giveaway will close on Monday, September 12, and winners will be chosen soon after. " and if I recall correctly, it can take anything from 1 - 7 days after the competition ends to decide the winner. Linus Media Group is a serious company, it might take some time before they can get to deciding on the winner. After all, they gotta work too.

Winner won

17 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Damn it. I don't watch WAN Show. :(

lets start watching WAN show, DO THE WATCH !!!

They can take all the time they need!  I would just like to give a big thanks to everyone.  I have subscribed on youtube, but this giveaway gave me the push to create a profile for this website; and I am glad I did.  Earlier this summer I came across Linus Tech Tips on Youtube and it re-sparked my interest I have always have had with computers to go way deeper.  I have almost caught up on all the TechQuickies and have learned so much through all the videos on all the channels.  I look forward to the opportunity to build my own computer one day, but feel I still have much to learn and want to wait before messing up with a lot of money spent.

I still don't understand whats the rush to know. Everyone has slim to none chances at winning so it shouldn't make big of difference if they would announce it within few days or month from now. Winners will get PM'd anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sometime after the 12th I thought I remember I read.

Check your LTT mail, follow whatever it said to follow like Twitter or Faceplant or whatever.

6 hours ago, Minibois said:

I know for sure it is the point of the giveaway, as well as 'to give back to the community' and stuff like that. Giveaways are always done to increase your userbase, whether that be subscriber count or forum userbase, Twitter followers, etc.

The thought is just:

more users = more ads shown/more people that support LMG via the forum (gold, silver or bronze badges).

But is that really working for those occasions when people only register for ONE thing, and will never be active again. E.g. I myself have registered to some places just to participate in a competition, never to visit the place, or even unsubbing, afterwards. Doesn't the statistics become a little bit scewed then like when Microsoft claimed that Internet Explorer is the most installed web browser in the world, not including the fact that it comes pre-installed on every single windows-computer? I mean; sure - LTT can now say that we got X amount of new members to our forums, but in reality it is X - Y amount of active/contributing users, where Y = the people who just registered for this giveaway.

Is that then really benefitial for adds or stuff like that, or do they just shoot themselves in the foot by having a super load on their servers (they did go out for like a day or two when the giveaway began) causing more trouble in the long run?

Just asking/questioning due to curiosity - wanna understand how it works. But perhaps I'm just over-thinking it.

But I do hope that I win. But considering the thread is at page 3270 at the time of making this post, I doubt my chances. ^^  25 posts per page x 3240 = 81 000 entries. So two computers in the lottery, making my chances of winning 2/81 000 = 1 in 40 500 = 0.00002469 = 0.0025 % chance of winning. Yay!

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

It finishes today so enter the giveaway

Im a Aussie gamer on half decent hardware......
desktop

i7 7700k 4.8ghz Msi ProCarbon Z270 gtx 1080 250gb samsung 850 evo 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram 2tb wd black 1tb wd green

laptop:
Msi gs40
i7 6700hq 16gb ddr4 gtx 970m 128gb ssd 1tb ssd

11 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

But is that really working for those occasions when people only register for ONE thing, and will never be active again. E.g. I myself have registered to some places just to participate in a competition, never to visit the place, or even unsubbing, afterwards. Doesn't the statistics become a little bit scewed then like when Microsoft claimed that Internet Explorer is the most installed web browser in the world, not including the fact that it comes pre-installed on every single windows-computer? I mean; sure - LTT can now say that we got X amount of new members to our forums, but in reality it is X - Y amount of active/contributing users, where Y = the people who just registered for this giveaway.

Is that then really benefitial for adds or stuff like that, or do they just shoot themselves in the foot by having a super load on their servers (they did go out for like a day or two when the giveaway began) causing more trouble in the long run?

Just asking/questioning due to curiosity - wanna understand how it works. But perhaps I'm just over-thinking it.

But I do hope that I win. But considering the thread is at page 3270 at the time of making this post, I doubt my chances. ^^  25 posts per page x 3240 = 81 000 entries. So two computers in the lottery, making my chances of winning 2/81 000 = 1 in 40 500 = 0.00002469 = 0.0025 % chance of winning. Yay!

I reckon the laptops they got from Razer are free and they likely get some sort of advantage from it too (Razer sponsored them going to that show, so likely the giveaway was included in that whole deal), so it's also Razer that benefits from 80.000 people entering the giveaway and seeing their laptops (plus all those that didn't enter, but did see the video).

Also, yeah your chance is on average 0,0025%.. But not because of the reason you said it.

You entered to win the Razer Blade or Blade Stealth laptop, the giveaway entry was suppose to be about you saying which of the two you want and why. If for every person that wanted a Blade, there was one person that wanted a Blade Stealth: yeah, it would be that percentage of chance.

Plz I need it for my gaming setup

Im a Aussie gamer on half decent hardware......
desktop

i7 7700k 4.8ghz Msi ProCarbon Z270 gtx 1080 250gb samsung 850 evo 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram 2tb wd black 1tb wd green

laptop:
Msi gs40
i7 6700hq 16gb ddr4 gtx 970m 128gb ssd 1tb ssd

11 minutes ago, coollance2015 said:

Plz I need it for my gaming setup

Enter HERE:

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black