Belkin Charge + Listen Adaptor for iPhone 7

What has the world come to.

The Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar makes it possible to listen to Lightning Audio while charging your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Enjoy music or talk through Lightning Audio headphones while you charge. Use the RockStar anywhere; at home, at work, in the car or on the go.

belkin-lightning-audio-charge-rockstar-f8j198-diagram-v01-r01-us.png

Keep in mind for most people this will mean having a second adapter apart from this to adapt from lightning to 3.5mm. All for the bargain basement price of...... wait for it...... ONLY $39.99

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

This just hurts my brain. Really.

I5 4440//8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3//Sapphire Radeon r9 380 4gb//ASUS h81m-plus//WD caviar blue 1tb//Cooler Master N200//Cooler Master G500

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

So in order to use Apple earpods(or any other 3.5mm headphone) while charging you need two adapters daisychained....  "Elegant"

Ah ha! Not quite. To use any other lightning headphones you'll need at least one adapter. 

To use any 3.5mm headphones while charging, you'll need two adapters :D

Apple is becoming more anti consumer with each release

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

Ah ha! Not quite. To use any other lightning headphones you'll need at least one adapter. 

To use any 3.5mm headphones while charging, you'll need two adapters :D

Apple is becoming more anti consumer with each release

But people still buy their stuff? I can't keep up with sheeple anymore

I5 4440//8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3//Sapphire Radeon r9 380 4gb//ASUS h81m-plus//WD caviar blue 1tb//Cooler Master N200//Cooler Master G500

8 minutes ago, thebrownieguy said:

But people still buy their stuff? I can't keep up with sheeple anymore

Please don't wake the sheeple, we don't want to have a repeat of Monday...

wake_up_sheeple.png

Jokes aside, I find it funny that adapters are more elegant than built in devices.  Apple is totally going down the route of form with function as a complete afterthought.  While form is an important part of a device, it should not restrict functionality.  When form starts to restrict function, a device becomes about as useful as a decoration rather than a tool.  

With any new technology or interface change there is going to be 'stop gaps'. If apple is pushing for wireless bluetooth earbuds or headphones, who's to say that bluetooth earbuds won't be the norm in a few years? Will it cost more, yes.

If you're like me, I do have headphones and earbuds that use 3.5mm jacks, but to be honest my headphones stay at my desk for my PC. Wireless earbuds wouldn't bother me all too much for my phone.

Maybe the next iPhone refresh would have two lightning ports, would be an interesting idea.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

3 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

ONLY $39.99

Belkin always charged a lot for their cables. Wait for more brands. This will be down to $10 from other brands before I need to upgrade phones anyways. And there will eventually be versions that do 3.5mm/lightening so ppl complaining about 2 adapters will soon have half as much to complain about. 

Oh, and what's this? Maybe the Android fans should switch to calling Apple a copycat instead. There are already numerous lightening accessories, this is just an Apple specific OTG cable.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I still have two Motorola s705 Soundpilot from 2006. And still use them! They've been out of production for many years now but there are many MANY other similar products. 

https://www.amazon.com/Jumbl8482-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Streaming-Receiver/dp/B00UUDZO9E

Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

How many of those can i link together? I want to have a mile long adapter.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

11 hours ago, oo2k15 said:

Why not make iphone 7 wireless chargeable? That will solve this issue.

It wouldn't really solve the issue (the core issue being that Apple is retarded). Wireless charging is more of a compliment to wired charging. When you wirelessly charge something then you can't use the phone at the same time.

There is only one fix to this issue. Fire whoever came up with the idea of removing the 3.5mm jack and then do a 180 for the iPhone 7S, but of course they won't do that.

13 hours ago, ionbasa said:

With any new technology or interface change there is going to be 'stop gaps'. If apple is pushing for wireless bluetooth earbuds or headphones, who's to say that bluetooth earbuds won't be the norm in a few years? Will it cost more, yes.

If you're like me, I do have headphones and earbuds that use 3.5mm jacks, but to be honest my headphones stay at my desk for my PC. Wireless earbuds wouldn't bother me all too much for my phone.

Maybe the next iPhone refresh would have two lightning ports, would be an interesting idea.

12 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

I still have two Motorola s705 Soundpilot from 2006. And still use them! They've been out of production for many years now but there are many MANY other similar products. 

https://www.amazon.com/Jumbl8482-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Streaming-Receiver/dp/B00UUDZO9E

The problem comes with people like me who travel lots. I love wireless headphones, especially for sport but bluetooth/wireless devices aren't allowed on many international flights. Furthermore this is the exact situation where I would like to both charge and listen in order to watch movies on a longer haul flight. 

There is also the problem of audio quality over bluetooth being poor and noticeable on nicer headphones. 

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

It wouldn't really solve the issue (the core issue being that Apple is retarded). Wireless charging is more of a compliment to wired charging. When you wirelessly charge something then you can't use the phone at the same time.

There is only one fix to this issue. Fire whoever came up with the idea of removing the 3.5mm jack and then do a 180 for the iPhone 7S, but of course they won't do that.

I think what @oo2k15 means is that you could place the phone on the charging mat leaving the lightning connector free for an audio connection.

39.99$ !?

1473281181000.gif

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Bet there's already charging docks with audio ports.

Actually, yes there is... Now this is an elegant solution.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MGRM2AM/A/iphone-lightning-dock-white

17 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

Belkin always charged a lot for their cables. Wait for more brands. This will be down to $10 from other brands before I need to upgrade phones anyways. And there will eventually be versions that do 3.5mm/lightening so ppl complaining about 2 adapters will soon have half as much to complain about. 

Oh, and what's this? Maybe the Android fans should switch to calling Apple a copycat instead. There are already numerous lightening accessories, this is just an Apple specific OTG cable.

A 4ft Belkin Lightning cable is £8 on Amazon, a 6ft Lightning cable from Anker is also £8, a 3ft AmazonBasics Lightning cable is £5. That's hardly a lot more than everyone else is charging you.

This is an OTG cable made out of a necessity, I don't need to use an OTG adapter to charge my phone and use headphones at the same time. That adapter lets me charge my phone and do even more with it, like plug in controllers, or a mouse and keyboard. If I wanted to do the same and listen to music at the same time on an iPhone 7 I'd need to daisychain 2 of those adapters.

Users gain nothing from having no 3.5mm jack. The phone isn't any thinner, the internal space hasn't been used for anything more, it's just an added inconvenience and more money that Apple can make in adapters and BT earphones.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

You totally can wireless charge and use at the same time, but it's clunky.

Source: I do it with my S7.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

41 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Outside of it apparently being a really bad product given the reviews for it.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

49 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

8 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Outside of it apparently being a really bad product given the reviews for it.

And this doesn't help anyone wanting to charge and listen on the go.

Apple tried their best to remove the 3.5mm jack

People tried their best to find a way to get the 3.5mm back

Courageous they said, sucking money we said

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

57 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

Courageous they said, sucking money we said

But for just $49 you can get yourself an official Apple lightning dock which contains a headphone jack! 
Yay for more docks and adapters for people to buy... 

Apple are 100% milking this to get as much money out of it as they can. 

I'm surprised they didn't make a new wireless charging technology which only works on apple products so they could get even more money from it all.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

23 minutes ago, o0Martin said:

Apple are 100% milking this to get as much money out of it as they can.

How? I've had an bluetooth receivers to 3.5mm adapter and bluetooth headphones since 2006. The first original iPhone was released in 2007. 

Where's this extra money I've paid to them from their lack of headphone jack?