First Nvidia & AMD Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 Benchmark appeared

Mr_Troll

Nvidia & AMD Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 Benchmarks – Radeons Gain, GeForces Lose Performance

The DirectX 12 patch is out and the cards have been put to the test, Nvidia & AMD GPUs tested & benchmarked with surprising results. The DirectX 12 patch for Eidos Montreal’s latest feature title Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been an eagerly awaited one and for good reason. The futuristic first person story driven RPG is one of the most visually stunning we’ve seen yet but it’s also one of the most demanding. This is one of the few games that, we’re told, that has been designed and developed with DirectX 12 in mind.

Following several other successful and not so successful DirectX 12 game launches of late, gamers looked forward to Eidos Montreal’s latest title to do Microsoft’s low level API justice and deliver on the performance and visual quality promises. And today we can report that it has indeed delivered on those promises, so long as you’re a Radeon user. As sadly, the current situation with Nvidia hardware is not satisfactory to put it lightly.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 Benchmarked On Nvidia & AMD – Performs Poorly On GeForce

The DirectX 12 patch has been released a few hours ago and several publications have published performance data on on a collection Nvidia and AMD hardware. Guru3D‘s data shows a 5-15% improvement in performance on AMD ( RX 480, Fury X & R9 390X ). Surprisingly however, on Nvidia hardware performance actually dropped with DirectX 12 compared to Directx 11

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=25456

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=25457

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=25458

The GeForce GTX 1080 saw its performance cut significantly at 1080p and slightly at 2560×1440 and 4K. Its little brother the GTX 1060 saw no performance loss or gain on average at the three aforementioned resolutions. However in our internal lab testing the GTX 1060 exhibited the same issue, losing performance at DX12 compared to DX11. The GTX 980 saw some performance loss at 1080p and 2560×1440 with no change at 4K.

Lel. 480 on par with 980ti. 

Source: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/deus-ex-mankind-divided-dx12-patch-is-now-available-performs-poorly-on-nvidias-hardware/

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/deus_ex_mankind_divided_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Wow. Imagine paying 800$ for a 1080 and then having it perform like a fury. Hold on to your wallets boys, pascal ain't worth it.

-edit-

to be fair most games aren't dx12 or vulkan, but still, if at all possible it's a good idea to wait.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Did AMD sponsor this game? Like WTF...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The reason the Fury X drops so much performance moving up in resolution is because of the VRAM limit.

I managed to get over a constant 60fps by turning off Hard Contant Shadows, which boosted my minimum FPS significantly at 1440p.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

It is very nice to see AMD gets a nice boost in pretty much all DX12 games. The future is looking good.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

DX12 Benchmarks – Radeons Gain, GeForces Lose Performance

The usual!

But i still dont understand why Gforce cards loose performance, they should at least have the same performance of dx11, unless async or something else in hardware lvl that dont play well with dx 12. 

Just now, vitor_cut said:

DX12 Benchmarks – Radeons Gain, GeForces Lose Performance

The usual!

But i still dont understand why Gforce cards loose performance, they should at least have the same performance of dx11, unless async or something else in hardware lvl that dont play well with dx 12. 

It's using the same engine as hitman so dx11 or dx12 it would likely work better for amd's stuff either way

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Did AMD sponsor this game? Like WTF...

Or maybe DX12 really does like AMD more? :P 

(just sayin...ROTTR ATM is the only game that doesn't follow the trend...)

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Uses the same engine as the new hitman game so.....maybe?

Well since it's the same engine then...maybe that engine is just optimised for AMD cards more? ;) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

SLI/CF/EMA support???

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well since it's the same engine then...maybe that engine is just optimised for AMD cards more? ;) 

Something else to bear in mind here is that AMD drivers have a higher CPU overhead versus NVIDIA drivers. By using DX12, the cards are simply allowed to perform better than with previous versions.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

It's using the same engine as hitman so dx11 or dx12 it would likely work better for amd's stuff either way

That part i was expecting, what i dont expect is the gforce cards to loose performance, maybe nVidia still didnt do  its homework with the dx 12 drivers

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Something else to bear in mind here is that AMD drivers have a higher CPU overhead versus NVIDIA drivers. By using DX12, the cards are simply allowed to perform better than with DX11.

You can say that again.

Edit: now the triple posts are gone. :P 

Just now, TheRandomness said:

*Sees Fury X being extremely similar to the 1080*

Holy shitting wat the fuck?

1080 doesn't have compute

it just bruteforces it's way trough with big gigaherz, 980ti and even the original titan have more cores

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

Just now, DXMember said:

1080 doesn't have compute

it just bruteforces it's way trough with big gigaherz, 980ti and even the original titan have more cores

Yeah I know but still.. using the same logic the Fury X bruteforces it's way to the top (Except the XP) with 4096 SPs with the help of ACEs and driver overheads and whatnot.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, vitor_cut said:

That part i was expecting, what i dont expect is the gforce cards to loose performance, maybe nVidia still didnt its homework with the dx 12 drivers

It has a software async so I think it has to spend resources to do that which in turn gives less to graphics tasks, hence a lose. When AMD is hardware level so it will never take a resource hit. (my theory)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Uses the same engine as the new hitman game so.....maybe?

It's like... I understand that in some games Nvidia has the lead, in some AMD has the lead, but when a Fury X which is a bit slower than a GTX 980Ti is faster than a GTX 1080 by 10FPS at 1080p...

*Sees Fury X being extremely similar to the 1080*

Holy shitting wat the fuck?

It's faster at 1080p by 10FPS xD wtf?

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

There are more games than ROTTR, like this:

FM6-635x294.jpg

But ROTTR isn't actually DX12, it's something of a DX11.2 which is DX11 with some of DX12 features, that's pretty much a transferred game from Xbox One.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Or maybe DX12 really does like AMD more?

As I said already whether dx12 or dx11 the dawn engine will benefit amd a lot, adding dx12 to the mix only widens the gap

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yeah I know but still.. using the same logic the Fury X bruteforces it's way to the top (Except the XP) with 4096 SPs with the help of ACEs and driver overheads and whatnot.

well yeah, it actually has more hardware to do stuff, 1080 just chokes at one point where it doesn't have enough hardware to do more stuff

and since whatver squareenix game engine is using is touched by AMD it most likely spreads the load and benefits from more cores just beautifully

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

It's like... I understand that in some games Nvidia has the lead, in some AMD has the lead, but when a Fury X which is a bit slower than a GTX 980Ti is faster than a GTX 1080 by 10FPS at 1080p..

Well if this trend keeps up nvidia will either push forward the 5 year plan or they have a special dx12 version of gameworks ready so they are just waiting for the titles to launch

Either way at least for me so far I haven't cared about the games nvidia has been stumbling on, hopefully that trend continues but I would just lower shadow quality if it didn't since tbh video game shadows are higher detail than actual shadows often enough.

8 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

As I said already whether dx12 or dx11 the dawn engine will benefit amd a lot, adding dx12 to the mix only widens the gap

It's all down to the code path. DX12 specifically needs vendor specific codepaths if it wants to Adhere to best practices.

( GCN cards have a lot of unused compute performance, and DX12 allows developers to leverage that better )

Sadly it requires a lot more developer work, and they usually only use a broad codepath that tries to cover both vendors.

In the case of this and ROTTR it depends on the sponsoring party, which gets favour. Instead of both getting specific codepath that optimal for performance.

Both NVIDIA and AMD actually stated at GDC during their presentation that if developers cannot manage proper vendor specific codepaths they're better off staying with DX11. Sadly what we're mostly getting now are still DX12 Updates and patches.

It'll be a while before we get a from the ground up DX12 game.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Can we get a comparison between DX11 and DX12 so that we can actually see the differences for each card?

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK