Apple sued over iPhone 6 and 6 Plus' unresponsive touchscreen

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Not everyone has.... Samsung has had issues as well though... An exploding S6 edge+... The touchwiz lag that is really hard to put up with... 

The only issue I have had, was the build quality of my S4. Noone I know has ever had a problem with a Samsung phone.

iPhone's on the other hand . . .

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

In order to change my fucking wallpaper, I have to go into settings... iOS is way too idiot proof... Every time I use an iOS/MacOS device, I feel like they think I am  retarded.... 

I'm sorry, is that unexpected? You have to go into settings to change settings? Not really, plenty of ways for iphone users to do idiot stuff.

How so? I feel the same way using windows, that is merely a retarded system, that surprisingly boots.

I feel much more in control with osx than windows.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

The only issue I have had, was the build quality of my S4. Noone I know has ever had a problem with a Samsung phone.

iPhone's on the other hand . . .

Tell that to my friend... He has a note 4 which crashes at least 1 time per day and the lag makes him go nuts... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

I'm sorry, is that unexpected? You have to go into settings to change settings? Not really, plenty of ways for iphone users to do idiot stuff.

How so? I feel the same way using windows, that is merely a retarded system, that surprisingly boots.

When I first bought my iPod (worst purchase EVER), I tried to pinch in and long press on the home screen to change the wallpaper... I then realised I had to go into settings... And I have used a Mac before (a friend of mine has one)... I always triggered the hot corners and couldn't figure out how the file system even works... Everyone has his own opinion though.... You like the OS, I don't, there's nothing wrong with either of our views...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Tell that to my friend... He has a note 4 which crashes at least 1 time per day and the lag makes him go nuts... 

My 2 phones, no issues.

My friend has had an S3, S4, Note 3, 4 and currently an S6 Edge+, no issues.

Both of use will upgrade to the next generation of Galaxy S

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

6 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

I can change my background in the gallery, same as on windows. iPhone's just make it awkward to do

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

My 2 phones, no issues.

My friend has had an S3, S4, Note 3, 4 and currently an S6 Edge+, no issues.

Both of use will upgrade to the next generation of Galaxy S

I guess it depends on your luck... 

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

I can change my background in the gallery, same as on windows. iPhone's just make it awkward to do

Seriously, who would accidentally trigger a long press or accidentally pinch in on his home screen... Noone.... 

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

And I have used a Mac before (a friend of mine has one)... I always triggered the hot corners and couldn't figure out how the file system even works... Everyone has his own opinion though.... You like it, I don't, there's nothing wrong with either of our views...

That is another issue altogether. That is people are getting used to one standard and will continue to use that standard as long as possible.

That is, you have gotten used to how windows works, and then changing over to osx, all seems confusing because you still have a windows-mindset.

That is the entire reason why microsoft has been so over school with windows and their office-package, to get kids used to windows and office. Then they are much more likely to stay windows and office instead of trying osx or linux and openoffice libreoffice.

Hot corners is optional, I don't use them. File system is very similar to linux in many ways (which I'm much more fond of than windows).

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with preferring a certain technology, I knew this is where the argument would land since my last reply.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

7 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

You can do so on an iphone (just checked).

Perhaps because you didn't know how to?

Just now, Tomsen said:

You can do so on an iphone (just checked).

Perhaps because you didn't know how to?

I havent touched an iPhone in almost 3 years. Back when it was the only way

4 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

That is another issue altogether. That is people are getting used to one standard and will continue to use that standard as long as possible.

That is, you have gotten used to how windows works, and then changing over to osx, all seems confusing because you still have a windows-mindset.

That is the entire reason why microsoft has been so over school with windows and their office-package, to get kids used to windows and office. Then they are much more likely to stay windows and office instead of trying osx or linux and openoffice libreoffice.

Hot corners is optional, I don't use them. File system is very similar to linux in many ways (which I'm much more fond of than windows).

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with preferring a certain technology, I knew this is where the argument would land since my last reply.

I agree... Some like OSX other don't, there's nothing wrong with either of these views...

My rectangular, plastic, aluminum, and glass block is better than your rectangular, plastic, aluminum, and glass block.

They all do the same thing, get over it.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No offense, but apple didn't care because the iSheep would buy it anyways.... Defective or not, people would still buy it because it's an iPhone... 

yo think people would still buy apple if it was crap....mmmmmmmm

42 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

In order to change my fucking wallpaper, I have to go into settings... iOS is way too idiot proof... Every time I use an iOS/MacOS device, I feel like they think I am  retarded.... 

simple is good, simple apeals to the main stream. most people dont want to take a crash course in IT just to change a wallpaper.

32 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

When I first bought my iPod (worst purchase EVER), I tried to pinch in and long press on the home screen to change the wallpaper... I then realised I had to go into settings... And I have used a Mac before (a friend of mine has one)... I always triggered the hot corners and couldn't figure out how the file system even works... Everyone has his own opinion though.... You like the OS, I don't, there's nothing wrong with either of our views...

pinch in and long press! how counter intuative is that. i change my wallpaper from the gallery in ios.....like a normal person would

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

now comes part 3: keep denying the issue at hand till the inevitable day they lose the case, by then most will have moved on to the iPhone 10S SE Plus Plus Pro Mini

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I guess my family is lucky. 

3 iPhone 6's and 2 6+'s ... no problems.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

yo think people would still buy apple if it was crap....mmmmmmmm

Not all people... Apple fanboys would do that...

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

this is why I make it a habit not to buy iPhones or Samsungs in general

The issues they've had with previous products as well, its just fucking stupid. At the price of their devices (phones/tablets/notebooks/AIO desktops), they shouldn't have any defects, especially considering that cheap (sub $500) devices made by other manufacturers don't have flaws as bad. With Samsung BTW, its more a matter of "wait and see what issues people have with certain models/versions". My Mum's Australian version (very specifically that version) of the S5 so far has no issues, and is definitely a good upgrade from her old moto G.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Well, you either voluntarily recall the devices, or have one forced upon you. Your choice.

Ye ole' train

Oh boy I sure as hell am excited for the cringeworthy event on September 7th. I don't know why but I always have to flinch whenever they spout shit like 'so we innovated this and that' or that this next generation device is 'going to revolutionize our way of thinking' or whatever xD

?  Give Me A Break Stop Now  ?

A war between two brands that are pratically in the same branch of failure and disapointment, in a tech forum of people that call themselves knowledgeable of the topic. Please guys, if you want Russian Heritage Anti Siberian Fanboy Taskforce at work, go to GSMArena. Anyways, sounds like someone got fired joke applies here? Meh :l

Groomlake Authority

One thread for Apple and one for Samsung.

You'd think that at the prices flagships command, they'd build them to fucking last but no they're as cheaply made as a 60 bucks chinese no-brand phone sold at convenience stores as a burner.

There really is less and less of a point on owning anything over a 200 to 300 handset.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

One thread for Apple and one for Samsung.

You'd think that at the prices flagships command, they'd build them to fucking last but no they're as cheaply made as a 60 bucks chinese no-brand phone sold at convenience stores as a burner.

There really is less and less of a point on owning anything over a 200 to 300 handset.

Considering the knocks and drops my $50 ZTE phone has taken ($100 before it was on special) without any issues, except for 1 corner being deformed a bit (plastic)-and I literally saw an iPhone 6 go through the same ordeal last week, and the phone didn't even work afterwards (it wouldn't turn on).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, those people don't exist. 

Denial much?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

Denial much?

sarcasm? 

I'm one of those people. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.