Apple sued over iPhone 6 and 6 Plus' unresponsive touchscreen

2 hours ago, -TesseracT- said:

Didn't Apple say that they can't fix the problem?

Probably, since the problem is that every single iPhone 6 and 6s ever made is missing the underfill beneath the touch I-unlike all previous phones, and even the cheapest Android phone. Apple has a bit of a history with problems they couldn't solve/denied, and which had their solutions (or at least the cause if there wasn't one) by "none apple certified repair shops"

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

19 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No, I have an iPod though... And I will never buy an iPhone, because it sucks (personal opinion)

so you have never owned an iphone and yet you think it sucks, so you are hating apple simply because its apple.......isnt that the same as liking apple because its apple?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

so you have never owned an iphone and yet you think it sucks, so you are hating apple simply because its apple.......isnt that the same as liking apple because its apple?

I've myself never actually owned one, but I was loaned a 5S for about a week. And all of the limitations it had. No expansion, battery life was shit compared to my old phone, removing files was a pain in the ass, I had to use iTunes or iCloud to transfer files to and from it, and the customization of iOS was very limited. iPhones are shit. Name any other phone at the same price for example as an iPhone 6S that has issues with the touch IC underfill and bending. Then name a phone that has to be "held the right way" to get any reception like the iPhone 4. Then count the iOS updates which have made the iPhones that aren't the latest tank in performance. Its a fact that iPhones are actually shit when you look at the competition and the price of them.

PMSL

6 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

So... The iPod isn't enough to get the iOS experience... Interesting....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Its a fact that iPhones are actually shit when you look at the competition and the price of them.

Let alone Macbooks, iMacs and Macs...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

-snip-

Iphones arent crap, Macbooks, iMacs and Macs arent crap either. Its the brains of people that claim that which are indeed filled or made with crap. Software wise its stable and allows for great editing to happen (which is where most of the magic happens anyways). Why bother x-x...

The company is seclusively greedy and doesnt really care about updating its computer lineup because the Ipad is a "Computer", already. They say lol...

Groomlake Authority

Keep hating on Apple without having owned an Apple device, it makes you guys very believable...

I had a small white spot on my screen on bright images caused by a defective backlight on my iPhone 6s.

Went to their website at 14:00, made an appointment at the Apple Store at 16:30, 18:00 my iPhone was fixed (new touch screen).

Within one afternoon they fixed my iPhone free of charge.

My previous experience with Samsung and HTC were not so good (having to pay the repair yourself, actually breaking your phone instead of fixing it, sending it away for 3 months, etc...)

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

-snip-

Everyone is entitled to an opinion... You like Apple... That doesn't mean that I should do so too, nor does it mean that you shouldn't like it either...

IN MY OPINION, Macs are overpriced and not worth your money...

IN YOUR OPINION, they are not bad...

There is nothing wrong with either of our views...

6 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Iphones arent crap, Macbooks, iMacs and Macs arent crap either. Its the brains of people that claim that which are indeed filled or made with crap. Software wise its stable and allows for great editing to happen (which is where most of the magic happens anyways). Why bother x-x...

The company is seclusively greedy and doesnt really care about updating its computer lineup because the Ipad is a "Computer", already. They say lol...

Ok...in what ways aren't they crap then compared to other phones, notebooks and all in 1 desktops. And how does it justify the insane pricing?

PMSL

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

-snip-

I was simply implying that the guy who said it was shit, should know that the "better specced competition" isnt really true. Everything has its ups and downs i know and everyones opinion is different. Im sorry...

Groomlake Authority

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Ok...in what ways aren't they crap then compared to other phones, notebooks and all in 1 desktops. And how does it justify the insane pricing?

As Mac supporters would say... You don't buy a computer, you buy an experience :P LMFAO

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

-snip-

Hmmm, how about having a stable, fresh and consistent experience on the phones and i presume the desktops themselves (Software is what makes me buy something)? Well i should have stated i was implicitly talking about Iphones and not theyr Macbook lineup in general. Back in theyr time when they were "updated", they sure were the go to machines for audio and film editing, even tough most companies even now, use Apple branded laptops and desktops so to speak... the ones with the mullah to burn.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

I was simply implying that the guy who said it was shit, should know that the "better specced competition" isnt really true.

Kind of interesting... You can have all the Mac benefits (aka Mac OS) on a PC and have better specs at the same time for the same money... I personally would advise someone to buy a PC and install Mac OS instead of buying Apple...

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

-snip-

Yeah well im aware of the computer issue, i was refering to the phones which i recently fixed on a new post ^^.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hmmm, how about having a stable, fresh and consistent experience on the phones and i presume the desktops themselves (Software is what makes me buy something)? Well i should have stated i was implicitly talking about Iphones and not theyr Macbook lineup in general. Back in theyr time when they were "updated", they sure were the go to machines for audio and film editing, even tough most companies even now, use Apple branded laptops and desktops so to speak... the ones with the mullah to burn.

That's subjective.... I FUCKING HATE Apple's OSs... You can't say that an OS is good or bad, because it is for you... not for everyone...

Hmmm, how about having a stable, fresh and consistent experience on the phones and i presume the desktops themselves (Software is what makes me buy something)? Well i should have stated i was implicitly talking about Iphones and not theyr Macbook lineup in general. Back in theyr time when they were "updated", they sure were the go to machines for audio and film editing, even tough most companies use Apple branded laptops and desktops so to speak... 

Define "fresh" when iOS hasn't had a UI update in years.......Android 4.1.1, all the way to Android 6 on even my old Transformer Prime TF201, and with each new version I get better battery life, performance, and a UI that is improved on each time to make it even more user friendly. Why go with an iPhone that will be made effectively useless 2-3 versions of iOS later, especially when every single one has had a serious design flaw/omission.

PMSL

Yeah well im aware of the computer issue, i was refering to the phones which i recently fixed on a new post ^^.

Apple phones are a different story... You either like them or you hate them... And you can't really say that they are completely overpriced (*looks at Galaxy Note7*), especially for the features (good GPU and camera)

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

-snip-

I meant fresh because when you look at an IOS based device, you dont see it unorganized or filled with gimmick features most of the times. Its right there for anyone to understand and its interface is by far, the cleanest ive seen.

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Kind of interesting... You can have all the Mac benefits (aka Mac OS) on a PC and have better specs at the same time for the same money... I personally would advise someone to buy a PC and install Mac OS instead of buying Apple...

But if they let people install OSX themselves, no one would by Apple's shitty computers.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

-snip-

I meant fresh because when you look at an IOS based device, you dont see it unorganized or filled with gimmick features most of the times. Its right there for anyone to understand and its interface is by far, the cleanest ive seen.

Groomlake Authority

But if they let people install OSX themselves, no one would by Apple's shitty computers.

I was referring to Hackintoshing...

-snip-

That would be awesome, but theyd probably sell a basic version for 150€ and the more advanced ones for 250€ or similar...

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Its the same for Android, as it caters to both the average consumer and those who are more tech savy. And do you mean gimmicks like music playback actually stopping on Android devices if the headphone jack is unplugged?

PMSL

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

That's a common misconception, as people usually think that Android is Samsung... If you have ever owned a Nexus phone, which uses ANDROID the way it was intended to be used, you will get a completely different experience...

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

That would be awesome, but theyd probably sell a basic version for 150€ and the more advanced ones for 250€ or similar...

There will only ever be 1 version of OSX........remember, its not Windows or Linux.....

PMSL