Why do people hate No Man's Sky so much?

Do you love or hate No Man's Sky?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love or hate No Man's Sky?

• Love
    • Hate

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

The dinosaur and the planet shown in the E3 demo are in the game:

http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Oria_V

Can you point out the dinosaur in the above image? Because I can't see it.

It doesn't help the resolution is so low in the image either.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The image is from their trailer, which doesn't count.

Spoiler

Capture.JPG

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

And the trailer is from actual ingame footage of that planet and it exists in the game.

Linus is my fetish.

23 hours ago, Bhav said:

So all of the Elder Scrolls games are also broken as fuck?

Go to a Giant in Skyrim and let him smack you; see what happens.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Go to a Giant in Skyrim and let him smack you; see what happens.

Done  that, learned to avoid giants.

Linus is my fetish.

Found a similar dinosaur, maybe not as big, but it shows that such creatures are in the game:

4f6e7a2ylkgx.jpg 

Linus is my fetish.

22 minutes ago, Bhav said:

And the trailer is from actual ingame footage of that planet and it exists in the game.

Unless we can verify it's in the game from third party footage, it doesn't count.

13 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Found a similar dinosaur, maybe not as big, but it shows that such creatures are in the game

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Minibois said:

And that's the problem with games nowadays, people only want to base their opinion of other people's opinion (mainly off big YouTuber's opinions). It's like we have forgotten to think for ourselves.

There is objectivity in game reviews, but still a LOT of subjectivity. You can only judge a game by facts and if you enjoyed the game or not.

Dude, its a half finished shit port with 10% of the promised content. Stop defent this shit....-_-

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Dude, its a half finished shit port with 10% of the promised content. Stop defent this shit....-_-

lol, I didn't say anything about the game itself :P I'm not defending it, nor am I attacking it because I haven't played it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

From what I reckon, most don't hate the game, most dislike the developer because of the lack of promised and/or talked about features. Even despite the lack of depth, I found the game tranquil and relaxing. Full disclaimer, however - I had none of the issues most people here had, since I played it on PS4, thus did not have to deal with any performance issues.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

- As with every game ever, for every person complaning that the game doesnt work, there are many playing the game fine, but obviously people without issues are not going to post as much as those having issues.

I agree.

But I still want to know where you got your statistic that less than 1% of people are experiencing issues from.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

- Argumentum ad populum is used 100% correct here. Yours and other peoples reasons for not liking the game boil down to 'I dont like it because total biscuit didnt like it'. That is literally the definition of argumentum ad populum.

If you think my dislike for the game comes from watching a TB video then you have clearly not been reading my posts. My reason for not liking the game are people like you, who religiously defend the game even when valid complaints comes up. I never had the intention of buying or playing the game, because I thought it looked boring from the start. Then when the game came out and everyone realized what a massive lying cunt Murray is I lost all interest.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

- Ok the developers knew the specification of the PS4. With what they needed to put in the game it was still not possible for them to make it playable on a potato. Hate all you like because consoles are shit.

If you can't make your game playable on the the platform you intend to release it on then you should not release it on that platform.

If you want to take the analogy to the extreme, imagine if I was scamming people by putting BF1 discs in PS4 cases and selling that for 60 dollars. When people put in the game to play the game wouldn't even start. Would you defend me saying "well the PS4 is just a potato and can't handle games designed for Windows XP, so you can't blame LAwLz for that. Blame Sony for not making the PS4 compatible with Windows XP games".

Of course you wouldn't, because that's complete bullshit logic. If I sell something for a particular platform then it is my responsibility to make sure it works.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

- The full 15+ hours I played the game for had zero performance dips whilst the game was correctly optimised with relevant patches and drivers installed. The only times I experienced poor FPS were:

SLI + DSR enabled, because this isnt supported, and with 2.00 internal multiplier mod together with 4x SSAA (after the ingame AA setting actually started working), because thats way too much for any system to currently handle. Im guessing that most people also experiencing FPS issues made zero effort to try and optimise the game and their settings before ranting that everything must automatically be the games fault, as is almost always the case with every video game release ever.

Good for you.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

But of course you automatically think me or anyone else claiming the same are lying just because your God total biscuit couldn't run the game. Therefore according to you, 100% of other people also playing the game must also be having problems.

Again, read my post a bit more carefully. I said it was a possibility that you were lying, and that's why I was asking for evidence and not just "it works for me so therefore it works for 99% of players". I never said that you were lying, or that anyone else not experiencing issues was lying. I was saying that anecdotal evidence like "it works for me" is not evidence that it works for 99% of players, which was your original claim.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

- I didnt claim that nobody has any issues. I claimed that people who are having issues are more likely to be having them due to poor optimization of their PC or not meeting the minimum specification than to the game actually having problems. 

You were saying that less than 1% of players were having issues.

Even the logic that "blame the users, not the developer" is bullshit because if it was a user issue then we would see this with other games as well, but we rarely do.

You're blaming the victims.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

- Everything shown for any game prior to launch is subject to change and may not make it into the final game. This is simple understanding video game hype 101 for dummies. And why do people like you who arent even interested in this game to begin with even care about this? Other than of course to follow the argumentum ad populum and simply hate and rant about what everyone else is hating and ranting about.

Yep, so if DICE decides to turn Battlefield 1 into a pong game then everyone should be perfectly fine with that and not complain. After all, everything they show in things like trailers might change before the game is released, right?

If someone lies to you then you should not be mad, because you shouldn't expect people to tell the truth to begin with.

Great logic you got there.

Why do I keep posting in this thread? Because you keep spewing bullshit. I don't care about Nazi Germany in 1945 but if someone was making claims like "Hitler was actually a robot built by space aliens. His plutonium core had a meltdown which is the reason he died" then I would reply anyway, asking for a citation.

And no I am not just jumping on the hate bandwaggon. "I was hating on it before it was cool" (me 2 days before the PS4 release date, which was when the hype was at its peak).

On 8/7/2016 at 11:55 AM, LAwLz said:

This game seems overhyped as crazy. In before it doesn't live up to peoples' expectations... 

Space Engineers 2.0.

It's a super great concept that's probably going to belly flop into an empty pool.

I think what they've done is great, and the plans they have sound fantastic, but when you look at the game, you look at what you've been promised, and you look at the price tag... I think it's difficult to not feel a bit disappointed.

This is less of a release, and more of an early access alpha. I mean, the driving force of the game really isn't even in place yet, the performance issues are terrible, and it presents no complete package of any sort.

It's a cool game, but I think that's it's ultimately too ambitious of a project. If they hunker down and work at it for another year or so, it might be ready for an actual release, and they might come close to what they promised, but as it stands... No.

@Bhav watch this, it shows some of the LIES Sean told about mechanics in the game

its an empty shell of a promised experience, and a boring broken buggy and imperfect one at that
if it was a $20 indie survival game, i would probably forgive it more

Even getting to the centre of the universe.. NOTHING happens

No faction systems, no day night cycle, no suns, planets are like 2 minutes away from each other, NPCs are like a single guy in a room, lacking trading system, lacking combat, space combat is super basic (they showed huge space battles with ships warping in etc)

Seriously, You cannot tell me " a few minor features are missing" - half the fucking game we were shown and promised is missing!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

On 18/08/2016 at 6:26 AM, Gamessys said:

So personally I love No Man's Sky but my friend bought the game and refunded it after less than 2 hours of playing and keeps saying it is total trash and Hello Games is just stealing peoples money etc etc.  But I am just wondering if anybody else feels this way or do you love the game like me?  Also he won't stop harassing me about spending $60 on a "pile of trash" so how do I get him off my back cause it is getting really annoying.

I personally love the game and I have clocked up to 15 hours, I think, on the game so far and since the patch, it has been much better as in stability and optimisation. There are still a few bugs to squash and miles of optimisation to catch up on, but apart from that that it is a great game.

On 19/08/2016 at 5:39 AM, Bhav said:

Overpriced, overhyped, broken bug filled release, needed dozens of community mods to fix.

Overpriced- eh...If all the DLC in the future remains free then I disagree if not and we have to pay then yep.

overhyped- Certainly overhyped, the center of the galaxy is disappointing.

bug filled- there was only just a patch which fixed quite a few of the common ones. 

community mods- I didn't know there were any.

On 19/08/2016 at 3:29 AM, Gbuddai said:

So I personally really enjoy this game and intend to log plenty of hours exploring and discovering. What the main issue is that I've been reading about is that there are a slew of features that were teased or talked about before the release that were not included in the final $60 product. It feels like we're getting a beta version of the game and not what was promised. There's a whole Reddit post about what was "supposed" to be in the game here: Where's the NMS we were sold on?. Now don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoy this game and there have been patches talked about that will fix some of these missing "features". I guess the real heat is just from the feeling like we've been ripped off.

I agree, like where's the gravity variations gone, I was so looking forward to that. Ship classes also flew out the window along with my hopes of getting to the center of the universe.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

22 hours ago, Bhav said:

The only issue with poor performance on consoles is that the hardware of consoles isnt good enough for the game. You cant really blame that on a game. 

18 hours ago, Bhav said:

Ok the developers knew the specification of the PS4. With what they needed to put in the game it was still not possible for them to make it playable on a potato. Hate all you like because consoles are shit.

You have got to be kidding me... 

If you know you can't do something then don't scam people. Make it a pc exclusive and be done with it. If you sell 100000 copies on consoles and you know it will never work then you are scamming people and you should be sued and destroyed. Goes for every developer ever. Also before talking consoles are potatoes (which they kind of are), look and Uncharted 4 which is graphically superior in every aspect and works flawlessly. It's actually superior looking to some pc games that are harder to run on a pc than No Man's Sky. Smells like developers fault. 

You can't blame the game... that's true since you should only be blaming the devs. 

And looking at Steam reviews is more than enough if you want since it shows kind of a general picture of how the game is doing. Of course you can't fully trust them but that should be more than enough.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

44 minutes ago, another random person said:

Overpriced- eh...If all the DLC in the future remains free then I disagree if not and we have to pay then yep.

Sean Murray actually said that DLC would be free, but since then he seems to have changed his mind.

Before the game was released:

We do want to add a ton of features, like we’ve just discussed: Freighters, bases, these type of things. But we want to do it for free. You’ve paid for the game, so you should get this stuff without paying even more money. So no, there will be no paid DLC, just patches.

After the game was released:

But when pushed on whether the game will always remain free, Murray couldn't categorically rule out paid for DLC further down the line, explaining that it could happen if "Maybe in the future there’s some reason why we just couldn’t possibly afford to do a certain feature without charging for it".

30 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

You have got to be kidding me... 

If you know you can't do something then don't scam people. Make it a pc exclusive and be done with it. If you sell 100000 copies on consoles and you know it will never work then you are scamming people and you should be sued and destroyed. Goes for every developer ever. Also before talking consoles are potatoes (which they kind of are), look and Uncharted 4 which is graphically superior in every aspect and works flawlessly. It's actually superior looking to some pc games that are harder to run on a pc than No Man's Sky. Smells like developers fault. 

You can't blame the game... that's true since you should only be blaming the devs. 

And looking at Steam reviews is more than enough if you want since it shows kind of a general picture of how the game is doing. Of course you can't fully trust them but that should be more than enough.

Well this is surely Sony's fault then, not the developers, as the game originally was PC exclusive.

It was Sony that approached the developers and offered them a bunch of megabucks to also make it for the PS4.

Another point that people keep forgetting is that you cant compare the graphics of NMS to other games on an apples to apples basis, as the graphics in NMS are procedurally generated. I would be amazed if anyone could make graphics at the level of Uncharted 4 that are procedural rather than pre scripted and make it work on current hardware.

NMS is a very graphically demanding game, when running at max settings and extra internal resolution multipliers, it needs SLI systems with the most recent GPUs to be playable, and it also eats up lots of system, and video ram.

Linus is my fetish.

In the end, this was a "small" indie game made by a small team of indie devs, that's the reality. Somewhere along the way Sony discovered this game's potential and went ahead on distributing it and, of course, hyping it to unreasonable levels, while not getting involved in the actual development of the game. Anyway, it's a great showcase of technology, but not a great showcase of game design.

Glossing over what feels like missing content, the biggest issue I've had with this game was performance. I don't find ~20fps and constant freezes acceptable for a game of this nature.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

7 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

In the end, this was a "small" indie game made by a small team of indie devs, that's the reality.

Not helped my news media, and Sean Murray himself promising shit that didnt exist, and getting Sony to show trailers at big events showing things that are not even in the game, and high level interviews most indie devs do not get

really the "indie" side of the game was completely hidden, hence the high AAA price tag

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

16 hours ago, LAwLz said:

If you can't make your game playable on the the platform you intend to release it on then you should not release it on that platform. If you want to take the analogy to the extreme, imagine if I was scamming people by putting BF1 discs in PS4 cases and selling that for 60 dollars. When people put in the game to play the game wouldn't even start. Would you defend me saying "well the PS4 is just a potato and can't handle games designed for Windows XP, so you can't blame LAwLz for that. Blame Sony for not making the PS4 compatible with Windows XP games".

You may want to be careful with how you use BF1 since that is an actual modern game now.

The original is Battlefield 1942.

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

Well this is surely Sony's fault then, not the developers, as the game originally was PC exclusive.

It was Sony that approached the developers and offered them a bunch of megabucks to also make it for the PS4.

Another point that people keep forgetting is that you cant compare the graphics of NMS to other games on an apples to apples basis, as the graphics in NMS are procedurally generated. I would be amazed if anyone could make graphics at the level of Uncharted 4 that are procedural rather than pre scripted and make it work on current hardware.

NMS is a very graphically demanding game, when running at max settings and extra internal resolution multipliers, it needs SLI systems with the most recent GPUs to be playable, and it also eats up lots of system, and video ram.

My point about Uncharted was to show what PS4 is capable of, which should be much more than what they achieved with NMS. And both are here to blame, Sony as well as devs. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro