Why do people hate No Man's Sky so much?

Do you love or hate No Man's Sky?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love or hate No Man's Sky?

• Love
    • Hate

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

@Bhav

Where did you get that number from? [Citation Needed] on that less than 1% number. 

Several videos such as ones from Digital Foundry actually shows repeatable scenarios where the frame rate goes all the way down to 15 FPS on the PS4. And yes, that's after patches. 

There is absolutely no excuse for it. You can't blame the hardware being below minimum specs on a console. It was not something happening to a few users either. It is happening for all PS4 players. 

The situation seems even worse on PC where people have a very mixed bag of hardware. But if people with dual 1080 rigs are experiencing low FPS and stuttering then there is something wrong. It does not appear to be less than 1% of players experiencing these issues on PC either. 

Edit: Why is this website so shit on mobile? I wrote this post, pressed post and then it posted a copy of my first post which I assume it had auto saved. 

Now I can't add his quote to my post either, since you can't copy an entire quote box. 

Ok where do you get the 100% number you claim from? Show your citation before spouting nonsense or stfu.

The fsct is, the majority of players havnt had any performance issues when running this game eince launch, me for one. The game has never dipped to uplayable framrates and at max srttings 1440p maintained a minimum of 60 FPS on a single 980 Ti even before the SLI patch.

Everyone likes to quote one source only - Total biscuit ranting about perrormance issues. Prior to the SLI enabling drivers being released, dis he actually even try manually disabling SLI before running the game, as according to many users who did this on the steam forum with a high end SLI setup, any FPS dips they were having were fixed.

Did he also try running the game in borderless window vs fullscreen as this initially fixed a plethora of issues for many users too (prior to patches at least). Did he disable all of his unnecessary backtround apps, not only recording / streaming software, but any overlays such as aftrburner or fraps, and any background apps.

Lets take the logical route and assume no he didnt try anything, and one or two FPS dips was enough for him to start ranting abut the gamd being broken.

And as always, just because the game has performance issues for SOME users doesnt equate to 100% of users, and in most such cases, no mattee what a lot of people having performance issues claim or how loud they rant, they are in fsct the mninority and in most of these cases, the issues are far more likely due to user issues such as bloated software or not having done a clean driver or even game reinstall. However people dont like to tey diagnosing anything first before just souting that everything is the games fault.

And not to mention the fact that your only source so far of total biscuit is already obsolete as the game has had many patches since then which have fixeed issues for most of the vocal minority that were having them in the first place.

Also as for your new example of 15 FPS on a PS4, what exactly do you expect on a console? If you want a console to maintain playable framerates in anything then your joking.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Ok where do you get the 100% number you claim from? Show your citation before spouting nonsense or stfu.

Unlike on PCs, you can actually expect one test done on a console to be applicable to everyone who has a console. That's because everything is running on the exact same type of hardware. It's not like one PS4 is magically performing better or worse than other PS4s.

That's the big benefit of consoles. Developers can target one platform and everyone on that platform gets the same experience. In the case of NMS, that experience is 30 FPS max, and dips below 20 and even 15 FPS from time to times (these are not really short dips either).

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

The fsct is, the majority of players havnt had any performance issues when running this game eince launch, me for one. The game has never dipped to uplayable framrates and at max srttings 1440p maintained a minimum of 60 FPS on a single 980 Ti even before the SLI patch.

OK, got a citation on that? If you are just basing this on your own experience then your argument is worthless, because you can be lying or it might even be the case that 99% of players are experiencing issues, and you're in that 1% that doesn't. You can't say that it runs fine for 99% of players just because you don't have any issues.

One thing we do know however, is that A LOT of people are experiencing issues and are pissed about it, including several popular streamers like TotalBiscuit and Day9. The reviews for the game on sites like Steam also indicates that A LOT of people are having issues.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Everyone likes to quote one source only - Total biscuit ranting about perrormance issues. Prior to the SLI enabling drivers being released, dis he actually even try manually disabling SLI before running the game, as according to many users who did this on the steam forum with a high end SLI setup, any FPS dips they were having were fixed.

But I am not using only one source though.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Did he also try running the game in borderless window vs fullscreen as this initially fixed a plethora of issues for many users too (prior to patches at least). Did he disable all of his unnecessary backtround apps, not only recording / streaming software, but any overlays such as aftrburner or fraps, and any background apps.

I don't know if he did that, but why would he? Games that aren't glitchy pieces of crap don't need you to do that, especially not on ridiculously high-end computers.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Lets take the logical route and assume no he didnt try anything, and one or two FPS dips was enough for him to start ranting abut the gamd being broken.

It was not just one or two dips. They were very frequent.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

And as always, just because the game has performance issues for SOME users doesnt equate to 100% of users, and in most such cases, no mattee what a lot of people having performance issues claim or how loud they rant, they are in fsct the mninority and in most of these cases, the issues are far more likely due to user issues such as bloated software or not having done a clean driver or even game reinstall. However people dont like to tey diagnosing anything first before just souting that everything is the games fault.

On PC you are correct. On consoles you are wrong.

Here is the thing though, you can't just go "ohh you should have made a clean install, and you should have done X and Y and Z then the game would have been fine" as an excuse. If it was just the case that it was people fucking up their own systems then you would see the same complaints come up just as frequently for other games, but it doesn't. That means that No Man's Sky is suffering from these issues more than other games, at the very least.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

And not to mention the fact that your only source so far of total biscuit is already obsolete as the game has had many patches since then which have fixeed issues for most of the vocal minority that were having them in the first place.

Again, not only using TB. That was not even my only source in the post you were quoting.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Also as for your new example of 15 FPS on a PS4, what exactly do you expect on a console? If you want a console to maintain playable framerates in anything then your joking.

Yes I do actually expect games on consoles to not dip down to 15 FPS. I have called other games crap when they fail this, such as some Assassin's Creed game, and I won't make an exception for No Man's Sky.

I really don't understand why you are defending the game so hard. It is obvious to anyone that the game has a huge amount of issues and people were lied to.

I would like to point out to everyone that you a few pages ago said that with the exception of multiplayer, people were never lied to at all. Then you got Tyrannosaurus REKT and just stopped talking about it.

Are you a fanboy, a shill or someone suffering from extreme buyer's remorse? I think everyone in this thread will agree that it's one out of the three.

20 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

OK, got a citation on that? If you are just basing this on your own experience then your argument is worthless, because you can be lying or it might even be the case that 99% of players are experiencing issues, and you're in that 1% that doesn't.

Oh I dont know, how about all the OTHER people who are actually playing the game on Steam, and also writing on the forums that they are experiencing no issues?

And how can you claim performance figures for a game that you yourself havnt even experienced playing? Argumentum ad populum is far from making factual statements.

Unlike on PCs, you can actually expect one test done on a console to be applicable to everyone who has a console. That's because everything is running on the exact same type of hardware. It's not like one PS4 is magically performing better or worse than other PS4s.

That's the big benefit of consoles. Developers can target one platform and everyone on that platform gets the same experience. In the case of NMS, that experience is 30 FPS max, and dips below 20 and even 15 FPS from time to times (these are not really short dips either).

Already addressed:

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Or your PS4 complaints could simply be answered with 'PC gaming master race'. 

The only issue with poor performance on consoles is that the hardware of consoles isnt good enough for the game. You cant really blame that on a game.

Also the game very clearly favours Intel CPUs, while the PS4 is based on slow AMD junk.

Heres the single GPU performance I was getting since release day at 4k resolution:

1FPRcnx.png

Min FPS never dipped below 45. Similar with 1440p, min FPS never dipped below 60. Also post patches and Nvidia optimised drivers, my minimum FPS at the same settings with a single GPU also rose to 55 and never dipped any lower. Based on this, I will call out anyone that claims the game was performing bad, especially when they have zero personal experience of that, as well as calling out the system specs and more likely user optimization and errors as the more likely cause of some people having poor performance on capable PC specs.

I would like to point out to everyone that you a few pages ago said that with the exception of multiplayer, people were never lied to at all. Then you got Tyrannosaurus REKT and just stopped talking about it.

Most of those issues were literally just arguing semantics over minor features. My opinion was based on what everyone was complaining about on the Steam forums since the game launched, that being the lack of multiplayer.

Heres one thing that I noticed, the arguments about the list of features cut from the game seem to be coming entirely from people who havnt even bought or played the game. Meanwhile most people who are playing the game havnt in the slightest bit been bothered or affected by anything other than the lack of multiplayer. Most games that are released are overhyped, thet is a fact, and a lot of promised features dont actually make it into the end game. The issue I can see with this is simply that the developers of No Mans Sky forgot to add the usual disclaimer that every other game usually has, that pre release gameplay and footage may not reflect the final game. This should pretty much be obvious to anyone buying games based on how they usually are.

Linus is my fetish.

This is exactly why we all hate it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jWtz3rzco

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

People built the hype, sony simply advertised it too much.

The developer never said anything that wasn't true about their game. In all his interviews, he described it spot on. Its a slow pace, space based exploration game. And that's exactly what was delivered.

People saw the ads, thought it was going to be like skyrim in space, then told all their friends it would be like skyrim in space, who then told others it would be skyrim in space. 

Imo, It's a great game to toss on, chill out and just bum my way through the universe, trying to uncover some of the lore and see new things. If I wanted a great story driven space experience, then I'd replay some EV Nova, or hop on Mass effect. If I wanted a combat driven space experience, then that's going to be Elite Dangerous or Eve Valk. If I wanted the most realistic open world, player driven space experience then that's Eve Online without a doubt. No Man's sky is not any of those games, nor does it, or did it claim to be. People over built the hype, and their to blame, not the studio, and not the publisher.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

6 minutes ago, SLIClocker said:

This is exactly why we all hate it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jWtz3rzco

15 hours ago, Bhav said:

On 18/08/2016 at 2:14 PM, jim2point0 said:

SLI support is fantastic. Now I can get this IQ and mostly 60 FPS.

28944685232_fe31248fbb_o.jpg

29019339046_19123c4408_o.jpg

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Oh I dont know, how about all the OTHER people who are actually playing the game on Steam, and also writing on the forums that they are experiencing no issues?

So, you don't actually have any source on the <1% number?

OK got it.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

And how can you claim performance figures for a game that you yourself havnt even experienced playing? Argumentum ad populum is far from making factual statements.

I can do that because I don't rely on anecdotal evidence.

You're using argumentum ad populum the wrong way here. Saying "many people are experiencing issues because many people are reporting issues" in not a logical fallacy, it's a fact. Saying "I am not experiencing issues so therefore it must be less than 1% of people having issues" is however a logical fallacy.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

The only issue with poor performance on consoles is that the hardware of consoles isnt good enough for the game. You cant really blame that on a game.

Actually I can blame the game for it, because the developers knew well beforehand what capabilities the PS4 had. If I made a pong game that ran at 1 FPS with quad 1080 and a 1000 core CPU cluster then I couldn't just blame all hardware in existence for not being able to keep up with my game. My game would just be really badly programmed.

It is THEIR JOB to make the game work on the console since they decided to release it on the console. This isn't a PC exclusive game with groundbreaking graphics Crysis 1 style. This is a mediocre looking game that was designed with consoles in mind (even launched on the PS4 first).

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Heres the single GPU performance I was getting since release day at 4k resolution:

And that is suppose to prove, what exactly? That you didn't get any stuttering for the 5 minutes of gaming you did before taking that screenshot? Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Min FPS never dipped below 45. Similar with 1440p, min FPS never dipped below 60. Also post patches and Nvidia optimised drivers, my minimum FPS at the same settings with a single GPU also rose to 55 and never dipped any lower. Based on this, I will call out anyone that claims the game was performing bad, especially when they have zero personal experience of that, as well as calling out the system specs and more likely user optimization and errors as the more likely cause of some people having poor performance on capable PC specs.

Let's assume that you actually had provided any valid evidence, not just a 5 minute sample size or whatever showing no issues, you're still saying "I don't have any issues, so therefore NOBODY has!". Again, even if we take your 1 vs 99% number as a fact, we still don't know which side is the one with issues and which side is not. You might be the 1% that aren't having issues, or basically all streamers might be the 1% that do have issues.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Most of those issues were literally just arguing semantics over minor features. My opinion was based on what everyone was complaining about on the Steam forums since the game launched, that being the lack of multiplayer.

BAHAHAHAHA

Are you for real? It was not "semantics" when the developer flat out said "at the moment you can do X Y and Z", or them literally showing things in demos which is just not in the game. It's not "minor features" when the list is that incredibly long. All those "minor things" was what would give the game depth.

On 8/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, StabbersPSN said:

I personally love the game but have been cautious in recommending it to anyone. For what you're getting right now, its hard to justify the triple A price for what is effectively Minecraft (Beta) in Space. In-game performance isn't as abysmal as some Steam Reviews have pointed out but it does need a performance boost. Overall the game has been enjoyable for about 3 hours then I hop back on Destiny. :P

As for your friend, try to explain that people are different therefore there is a a chance that we like different things. Also, its your $60, so why does he care so much?

I wouldn't even compare it to Minecraft at all. It doesn't come close with the creation aspect.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Because it's fun to hate on a game you have never played, because everyone else hates on it too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Because it's fun to hate on a game you have never played, because everyone else hates on it too.

No, not everyone. Only People who have Problems with Lies and false Informations.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

My dislike of the game comes from TotalBiscuit's comments and experiences on the game.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

My dislike of the game comes from TotalBiscuit's comments and experiences on the game.

Because you need other people to tell you how to think and what to believe?

Linus is my fetish.

10 minutes ago, Praesi said:

No, not everyone. Only People who have Problems with Lies and false Informations.

9 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

And that's the problem with games nowadays, people only want to base their opinion of other people's opinion (mainly off big YouTuber's opinions). It's like we have forgotten to think for ourselves.

There is objectivity in game reviews, but still a LOT of subjectivity. You can only judge a game by facts and if you enjoyed the game or not.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Bhav said:

Because you need other people to tell you how to think and what to believe?

I have no desire to play the game, and when it comes to my purchasing decisions, I allow critics to give their thoughts on it. So while No Man's Sky is an interesting game, watching someone play it and experience certain aspects of it allowed me to make my mind up.

It's a poorly ported game on PC with mechanical issues, like how your mining gun doesn't take very long before it overheats, seriously impacting how much you can actually mine when that's a major aspect of the game. The inventory slots are seriously limiting as well, and don't even get me started on the performance issues numerous people have experienced.

At this point, it's not worth $60, or even $40.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

And that's the problem with games nowadays, people only want to base their opinion of other people's opinion (mainly off big YouTuber's opinions). It's like we have forgotten to think for ourselves.

There is objectivity in game reviews, but still a LOT of subjectivity. You can only judge a game by facts and if you enjoyed the game or not.

I looked at the objective parts and accepted them. The subjective parts are different, but I do have issues with the game mechanics as stated above this post.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

It's a poorly ported game on PC with mechanical issues, like how your mining gun doesn't take very long before it overheats, seriously impacting how much you can actually mine when that's a major aspect of the game. The inventory slots are seriously limiting as well, and don't even get me started on the performance issues numerous people have experienced.

How exactly are these issues? You are meant to upgrade your gun and inventory space, it isnt difficult to find those upgrades.

Linus is my fetish.

I'm current playing No Man's Sky. I don't know if I'm one of the few who can play without issues or if the latest patch fixed them, but it works fine for me.

That said, I'm bored. I literally spent like 2 hours talking to this same trader Gek, over and over again, to learn the language, and I still can't understand half of what he's saying. I really feel like they added a bunch of filler words that most likely will never even be used in the game. This is not fun to me. There need better ways to learn a language than 1 word at a time, that's just slowing down any sort of progress down to a crawl.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone just came up with a bot that automatically talk to a trader, request fuel, request new word, request healing, request new word, request fuel, repeat over and over and over again, so that you could leave it on all day long.

Other than that, I was flying low on top of a planet, finding those drop pods to upgrade my exosuit's storage space... In less than 30 minutes I have more than 20 slots now. I then also bought the ship of some other alien for 1.5M, with 24 slots in it, because I made a ton of cash selling plutonium and emeril. 

But I'm still bored. I keep asking myself why I'm playing this. All I do is fly around, learn words, find monoliths, fly around some more...

At least in games like minecraft, I could give myself some purpose, I could build myself a nice house and all that. In NMS, all I can really do is complete the "quests" and move on the barely existing storyline which doesn't captivate me in the least.

So with all that said, I don't think I'll be touching the game anymore. It's just another disappointment to me like Spore was.

Oh and also how bad the port is. It keep showing me controller prompts when I don't even have a controller plugged in. I often have to guess which button I need to press because it's telling me to press R3 or some crap like that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, Bhav said:

How exactly are these issues? You are meant to upgrade your gun and inventory space, it isnt difficult to find those upgrades.

In my view, it's too limiting in the beginning.

34 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So, you don't actually have any source on the <1% number?

OK got it.

I can do that because I don't rely on anecdotal evidence.

You're using argumentum ad populum the wrong way here. Saying "many people are experiencing issues because many people are reporting issues" in not a logical fallacy, it's a fact. Saying "I am not experiencing issues so therefore it must be less than 1% of people having issues" is however a logical fallacy.

Actually I can blame the game for it, because the developers knew well beforehand what capabilities the PS4 had. If I made a pong game that ran at 1 FPS with quad 1080 and a 1000 core CPU cluster then I couldn't just blame all hardware in existence for not being able to keep up with my game. My game would just be really badly programmed.

It is THEIR JOB to make the game work on the console since they decided to release it on the console. This isn't a PC exclusive game with groundbreaking graphics Crysis 1 style. This is a mediocre looking game that was designed with consoles in mind (even launched on the PS4 first).

And that is suppose to prove, what exactly? That you didn't get any stuttering for the 5 minutes of gaming you did before taking that screenshot? Congratulations!

Let's assume that you actually had provided any valid evidence, not just a 5 minute sample size or whatever showing no issues, you're still saying "I don't have any issues, so therefore NOBODY has!". Again, even if we take your 1 vs 99% number as a fact, we still don't know which side is the one with issues and which side is not. You might be the 1% that aren't having issues, or basically all streamers might be the 1% that do have issues.

BAHAHAHAHA

Are you for real? It was not "semantics" when the developer flat out said "at the moment you can do X Y and Z", or them literally showing things in demos which is just not in the game. It's not "minor features" when the list is that incredibly long. All those "minor things" was what would give the game depth.

- As with every game ever, for every person complaning that the game doesnt work, there are many playing the game fine, but obviously people without issues are not going to post as much as those having issues.

- Argumentum ad populum is used 100% correct here. Yours and other peoples reasons for not liking the game boil down to 'I dont like it because total biscuit didnt like it'. That is literally the definition of argumentum ad populum.

- Ok the developers knew the specification of the PS4. With what they needed to put in the game it was still not possible for them to make it playable on a potato. Hate all you like because consoles are shit.

- The full 15+ hours I played the game for had zero performance dips whilst the game was correctly optimised with relevant patches and drivers installed. The only times I experienced poor FPS were:

SLI + DSR enabled, because this isnt supported, and with 2.00 internal multiplier mod together with 4x SSAA (after the ingame AA setting actually started working), because thats way too much for any system to currently handle. Im guessing that most people also experiencing FPS issues made zero effort to try and optimise the game and their settings before ranting that everything must automatically be the games fault, as is almost always the case with every video game release ever.

But of course you automatically think me or anyone else claiming the same are lying just because your God total biscuit couldn't run the game. Therefore according to you, 100% of other people also playing the game must also be having problems.

- I didnt claim that nobody has any issues. I claimed that people who are having issues are more likely to be having them due to poor optimization of their PC or not meeting the minimum specification than to the game actually having problems. 

- Everything shown for any game prior to launch is subject to change and may not make it into the final game. This is simple understanding video game hype 101 for dummies. And why do people like you who arent even interested in this game to begin with even care about this? Other than of course to follow the argumentum ad populum and simply hate and rant about what everyone else is hating and ranting about.

Linus is my fetish.

7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

In my view, it's too limiting in the beginning.

It takes like a few hours to find more inventory space and a better gun, and from actually playing the game, it is not in anyway limiting in the beginning, but rather motivates you to find those upgrades. You dont need more inventory space to do the initial ship repair mission, and once the ship is repaired, finding upgrades is trivial. 

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

Everything shown for any game prior to launch is subject to change and may not make it into the final game. This is simple understanding video game hype 101 for dummies.

Then they shouldn't advertise it. They clearly showed gameplay of the game where those objects were there, including the awesome dinosaur. The real purpose of the whole "Oh the final product might look different" is for situations where you have to make adjustments to the GUI, or make people look slightly different, or change some mechanic to make it better.

It shouldn't be used to hype people up, only to remove it from the game altogether. Companies should be held accountable to their advertisements. I think it might be comparable to someone on eBay advertising an HTC 10, including using their own photos, having a disclaimer saying the device might look different in the photos, and upon receiving the product, the customer realizes the front camera is missing. The seller then states the claim that the device might look different in the photos.

The claim doesn't fly unless you're talking about slightly different colors, not the quality of the product. The same applies here. The company should be held accountable for their claims, like being able to land on asteroids. And of course, people having performance issues. The game was hyped up and many people were disappointed. It doesn't matter if they bit off more than they could chew. They advertised something, and they didn't deliver. "Every atom procedural." Right.

7 minutes ago, Bhav said:

It takes like a few hours to find more inventory space and a better gun[,]

That's a fair bit of time wasted.

Bold is mine, along with the added brackets at the end.

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Then they shouldn't advertise it. They clearly showed gameplay of the game where those objects were there, including the awesome dinosaur. The real purpose of the whole "Oh the final product might look different" is for situations where you have to make adjustments to the GUI, or make people look slightly different, or change some mechanic to make it better.

The dinosaur and the planet shown in the E3 demo are in the game:

http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Oria_V

Its a single planet out of the 18 quintillion+. Technically you can find it, and it will be exactly as it was in the demo, but feel free to figure out the chances of actually finding the planet on your own.

As for a lot of the other stuff, they didnt specifically advertise it as being in the game, they said 'at the moment, yes', or something similar. 

Linus is my fetish.

I can name a planet McPlanetSirPlanetFace.

It's all good.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.