Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

12 hours ago, China Frog said:

Thanks for posting back.

I cannot tell the difference between those two screenshots whatsoever (is there supposed to be a difference?)

I must say, screenshots don't convey the issue properly whatsoever. I found this out myself when I took screenshots of ganeplay, and I couldn't really tell the difference when I looked at them afterwards.

Videos convey the issue fully.

As I mentioned in my last response, I'll be posting my videos as soon as I get my editing software working again, but if you could do the same thing, that would probably be really helpful as well.

You can upload the videos to something like streamable, and post the links here so we can view them.

No there isnt a difference. But compare this with normal hoi4 pictures zoomed out and look at the ocean lines. Look very very closely.

Also got the same exact result with the windows default graphics driver thingy that wasnt nvidia. Thus more or less rules out a nvidia suspific driver issue but im not 100% sure.

Friends I just discovered something that makes me think that the problem in this case on the pc is the gpu. About 3 days ago I was doing overclocking tests on my gpu and after having put high speeds my gpu rebooted, It happened like 4 times in the tests, then I restored the values of the gpu and started Doom eternal and Cyberpunk 2077 and the textures had loaded to 100% and the other problems had reduced between 15% to 30%, but after two days those same games began to return to their previous state little by little, and in the end I tried this process again, but this Once nothing happened.

Something curious that had happened to me was that one day I looked on youtube how to optimize my pc for games or how to make it faster and then I was only looking for some extra fps, and at entering Far Cry 5 I was a bit surprised because I saw that the floor looked better, the textures looked good and the drawing distance was working correctly, and then I played Resident Evil 7, I saw that the walls already loaded their textures and I thought Well, those videos did help to make it look better, but at that time it did not cross my mind that the problem had been solved because on that day I still did not give importance to those problems. I think that in the case of PCs we only need to look for that configuration that is limiting the power of our gpus.

3 hours ago, luaR zepoL said:

Something curious that had happened to me was that one day I looked on youtube how to optimize my pc for games or how to make it faster and then I was only looking for some extra fps, and at entering Far Cry 5 I was a bit surprised because I saw that the floor looked better, the textures looked good and the drawing distance was working correctly, and then I played Resident Evil 7, I saw that the walls already loaded their textures and I thought Well, those videos did help to make it look better, but at that time it did not cross my mind that the problem had been solved because on that day I still did not give importance to those problems. I think that in the case of PCs we only need to look for that configuration that is limiting the power of our gpus.

Perhaps. But apparently there have been various reports of people removing their GPU and trying a different one, just for the problem to persist.

Now, it could be that the problem those guys was having, is not the same as the problem we are having.

But, going off of my own research, I think it's the same thing. I think it's larger than just the GPU itself, but really, until we can get this thread going properly with some more people giving comparisons etc. then we're just fishing in dead waters.

Guys, we need video footage of your games, which best shows the problem.

If possible, replace your GPU with another one and report to us if there are any changes.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:06 PM, Colonizor48 said:

Also got the same exact result with the windows default graphics driver thingy that wasnt nvidia. Thus more or less rules out a nvidia suspific driver issue but im not 100% sure.

It's most definitely not related to a driver version or anything like that. I have an AMD GPU and I've seen many other AMD + NVIDIA card users with the same problem on other forums. Something tells me it's a motherboard issue, to be honest. I don't think I have seen a report of somebody with this issue attempting to replace their motherboard. But to reiterate, for now we just need video footage + people changing out components, if possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out in this regard.

22 hours ago, luaR zepoL said:

What is the link to the video?

On 9/8/2021 at 6:08 AM, China Frog said:

It's most definitely not related to a driver version or anything like that. I have an AMD GPU and I've seen many other AMD + NVIDIA card users with the same problem on other forums. Something tells me it's a motherboard issue, to be honest. I don't think I have seen a report of somebody with this issue attempting to replace their motherboard. But to reiterate, for now we just need video footage + people changing out components, if possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out in this regard.

I replaced the motherboard along with the processor. It did not fix anything. Later on changed GPU too, still no improvement.

How many of you started having this issue particularly lack of anti aliasing after a computer restart?

11 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

I replaced the motherboard along with the processor. It did not fix anything. Later on changed GPU too, still no improvement.

Thanks for letting us know.

Perhaps, for now, we can theorize that the issue is not stemming from a bad motherboard, CPU or GPU.

Could it be a RAM issue?

11 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

How many of you started having this issue particularly lack of anti aliasing after a computer restart?

Personally, I've had the issue since I first booted up my system and started playing after building it.

18 hours ago, China Frog said:

Thanks for letting us know.

Perhaps, for now, we can theorize that the issue is not stemming from a bad motherboard, CPU or GPU.

Could it be a RAM issue?

Personally, I've had the issue since I first booted up my system and started playing after building it.

I don't think it would be RAM. Since it's got nothing do with graphics. But we can certainly try replacing one or removing a stick.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:06 PM, luaR zepoL said:

Please tell us the link to the video. This could fix all of our issues.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, VincentArogya said:

I don't think it would be RAM. Since it's got nothing do with graphics. But we can certainly try replacing one or removing a stick.

I have 2 8GB DDR4 sticks, so I'll run two tests with both sticks in by themselves respectively.

I'll let you guys know the results as soon as I do it tomorrow.

I moved to a new place that's 10 miles away from my old one. This new place has a different power grid and guess what? Jagginess and popping is still there. Will give another update after a few days.

Ive read through many pages. This Problem effects me as well. 5 years ago was the  first time i noticed that there is an issue. Back then i bought the gtx 1060 6gb version (upgraded from AMD HD 7870 everthing worked fine up to then). At first i tried to change parts, because i just assumed something is faulty. At one point in 2017 i build a new pc with the releasing first gen ryzen. Things i didnt replace: Gtx,1060 monitor, peripherals but the issue remained. At this point i thought for a very long time that its the internet connection.(but had doubts because of the nature of it) In the next two years i still tried all sort of fixes people had for this kind of issue. Now i cant take anyone serious who begins his sentence with: "I think i found a fix 😄 " or "The issue is gone guys i keep you updated 😄

Fast forward 2 years: Im living in a new apartment. The issue is still present just like in the past. In the 3 years i lived there i tried all sort of things to get a grip on this. I changed every part several times. Like for example mainboards. I had x370 b460 b450f with ryzen 1700, ryzen 3600, ryzen 4650g ... i had two diffrent intels with mainboards. I build pc with old intel exxxx server cpus and ddr3 memory to further pinpoint it with hardware. I just wanted to have hints what direction it could be hardware wise. At the same time I did every possible thing a normal dude in this field could do . All kinds of windows  like 7, 8.1 10 and diffrent build with updates or without and so on. Tried Linux as well. Tried diffrent mice and keyboards. Tried to flash bios, tried cmos reset. Then i thought of electricity like so many before me in this post. I was sceptical from the start, because why should the electricity in my parents house and in my apartment have the same issue. Well i still tried. I bought an ups and a power strip that filters electrical noise ( you use those for hifi to get a cleaner signal).
Then i build a big faraday cage out of copper wire and aluminium foil and extra grounded the case of my pc. Nothing helped. 

Im not an expert on OS, Networks, Software etc. Im an engineer student I can work a little with cmd, powershell, registry, little bit coding thats about it.
I want to give an advice to people who get tortured by the same problem, dont listen to any fix until they show you how they pinpoint it and manipulate the issue. If they cant do that beforehand they are just guessing. Most of times they are trying to apply fix "xyz" that they read on the internet. My little opinion regarding this issue is that its greater than one might think. People who dont experience it themelves tend to ignore it pretty fast after recommending fast fixes. 

One last thing: Since 2016 this issue seems to spread. You can interpret this like you want ( virus, hardware, drivers) whatever the cause the fact that its spreading make this scarry. 2-3 years ago you had to search like crazy to find people that report the same thing. 

This is actually driving me crazy with my new RTX 3070...

What am I doing wrong!? Just take a loot at this screenshot and check the water, the distant houses, the blurry on the soldiers face.. everything looks terrible.

I've already made a clean install for my drivers using DDU..

(Download the image so you can trully appreciate)

https://imgur.com/a/kWAYSPN

codv.PNG

1 hour ago, Ensaimada said:

This is actually driving me crazy with my new RTX 3070...

What am I doing wrong!? Just take a loot at this screenshot and check the water, the distant houses, the blurry on the soldiers face.. everything looks terrible.

I've already made a clean install for my drivers using DDU..

(Download the image so you can trully appreciate)

https://imgur.com/a/kWAYSPN

codv.PNG

Is this not just an overenthusiastic film grain effect (BFV I assume?) and/or other such filmic effects?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 hours ago, tikker said:

Is this not just an overenthusiastic film grain effect (BFV I assume?) and/or other such filmic effects?

It's COD Vanguard Beta. I've turned off all of those effects.. but the overall impression I get from all games is the same one.

For example, in RDR2, textures at distance quite don't load, the game itself looks blurry.

It would be nice if someone would share a screenshot from COD too, so we can compare.

Check this one. Reflections on the weapon and fire particles look odd and grainy... the screenshot however looks way better than in-game. Why would be this be a thing?

https://imgur.com/a/ENmfGFq

Also, look a video of my first screenshot and all the artifacts happening when loading the textures: 

Thanks!

codv2.PNG

On 9/17/2021 at 2:33 AM, Ensaimada said:

It's COD Vanguard Beta. I've turned off all of those effects.. but the overall impression I get from all games is the same one.

For example, in RDR2, textures at distance quite don't load, the game itself looks blurry.

It would be nice if someone would share a screenshot from COD too, so we can compare.

Check this one. Reflections on the weapon and fire particles look odd and grainy... the screenshot however looks way better than in-game. Why would be this be a thing?

https://imgur.com/a/ENmfGFq

Also, look a video of my first screenshot and all the artifacts happening when loading the textures: 

Thanks!

codv2.PNG

This looks like a completly different issue. Regardless hope u can solve it soon.

Alright guys, I think I managed to capture the problem pretty well with this footage from MORDHAU:

https://streamable.com/w1dgh1

As you can see, performance wise, everything is ok. The GPU is not overclocked. I've tried with OC; no difference.

Graphics are set to pretty much Ultra (lower/higher settings make no difference, as mentioned previously).

Those with a keen eye would be able to spot the radius of the pop-in.

If you refer to my older post with a streamable link, you'll be able to see that the radius of the pop-in seems to match up, despite being two completely different games on two different game engines.

This could do with some more looking into, but I think it's safe to say this isn't placebo whatsoever and something is going on here.

P.S. I'm not well versed in the technical aspect of this stuff, but could this be considered a "tessellation" issue?

I ask only so we can narrow this down a bit.

1 hour ago, Colonizor48 said:

This looks like a completly different issue. Regardless hope u can solve it soon.

Yeah, this seems different. Hopefully you can get that fixed mate.

Algo que he notado es que el ram no se usa como debería, he comparado las estadísticas de red dead redemption 2 en youtube y la gente las usa como más de 10gb de ram y yo solo uso un máximo de 8gb de ram, lo mismo en otros juegos se usa menos RAM de lo que debería. Tengo 16 GB de RAM. También lo que he visto es que mi PC usa memoria virtual de 4 GB o más a pesar de que tiene 16 GB de RAM, y si quito la memoria virtual de mi PC, los juegos no se inician debido a poca memoria o recursos insuficientes. My pc does recognize the 16gb of ram, and only in Marvel Avengers my pc uses as 14gb of ram, but in the other games they do not even reach 10gb.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:58, Colonizor48 said:

Por favor díganos el enlace al video. Esto podría solucionar todos nuestros problemas.

Regarding the video I'm still looking for it, I had seen it in October last year and the video had a year  be uploaded.

Well.. just like it didn't work before for me on all games regarding shadows, pop, low LOD, and the other things I've shared.. now it just does.

But I don't get what changed for it to work well all of a sudden.

For example, Rocket League looked awfull when this was happening the other day for me. Some hours later I came back to play and I noticed it suddenly looked 100% clean and sharp, so I went test other games and.. they look all fine now too.

I had tried a fresh installation of Windows and it didn't work.. but then some game hours later, it was as I say, solved by itself.

Now, if I'm being honest, all the things that are being talked here aren't new to me. I was having the same issues with my previous 970.

I had times where everything looked bad, and then times were all was just ok.

I know this seems like just me being somewhat mistaken on how things look on games, but trust me it isn't.

When it doesn't work well, it's like reflections, lights, shadows, LOD.. none of them work, so It's VERY noticeable.

Also I've recently changed my PSU, so I tried switching back to the previous one, but it did nothing.. when back to the new one and and same untill it has fixed itself.

I'm lost over these issues as nothing seems to be the cause for them, so I just hope everyone who has this ends fixing it. 

Don't take me otherwise, but I think we are not thinking properly about this issue. We are looking for solutions online. A few things that I think we can try ruling out after testing includes:

1. CPU power cord

2. GPU 6-Pin/8-Pin connector

3. RAM switching

4, Replacing hard drive

I don't know if people have already tried that