Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

14.10.2018 в 14:41, Grabbed сказал:

IIn the end, there are flickers and irregularities even in a regular YouTube video when I reduce the window, and as I realized, the lower I set the resolution, the more they disappear, at 720p, they simply become invisible because of this resolution. The same is true in games from Unreal Engine4, soap smoothing overrides this problem

And so, I have been struggling with the problem for a month, although many people here have not been able to solve it for years. All that I understood, apparently everyone's problem is a little different from each other, but in general it's almost the same, the problem will spread to all devices in the house, that's what you've all tried: Changing the system, changing cables/sockets, changing monitors/televisions, (I'm not going to talk about reinstalling drivers/bios anymore, this has nothing to do with it at all). So the problem is deeper, the only thing that unites all this equipment is wiring, and Wi-Fi. I have a couple of theories about this problem, but before that, I'm interested to ask who bought a new technique, before checking it at home, checked, say, with his friend? And after what moment, when you came home, did your new equipment also have this problem?

On 11/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, Lemonice said:

Hi everyone,

this is my first post and I signed up specifically to tell my experience regarding the common problem:

Regardless of the graphic settings and hardware changes that I will list below, the problem has remained present, sometimes in a less accentuated form in others much more present.

Titles where the problem is very visible:

• COD Modern Warfare
  • COD Warzone
  • COD BO Cold War
  • COD Vanguard

Titles where the problem is slight:

• Cyberpunk 2077

Titles where the problem is not visible:

• Diablo 2 resurrected
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

First configuration - november 2020 (problem already present):

• MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
  • CPU: R7 3700x (stock)
  • RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vegeance Pro @ 3600 (stock)
  • NVME Sabrent rocket 4.0 1tb
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1650
  • Corsair HX650
  • Monitor ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ 144hz
  • Windows 10 pro

Upgrade - december 2020 (the problem persists):

• Aorus Master RTX 3070 (stock)
  • Clean driver installation (DDU)

Attempts to resolve (unsuccessful):

• Another DDU video driver removal and installation
  • Format and fresh new install
  • Removal of the APC filtered plug, use a new PSU cable
  • Changed by: 1 split cable from PSU to GPU to: 2 individual cables from the PSU to the GPU
  • Nvidia driver update or downgrade (only stable version)

Upgrade - october 2021 (the problem persists):

• CPU: R7 5800X (stock)
  • Monitor: Odyssey G7 Series 27 240hz
  • Clear CMOS
  • Enabled Resizable BAR

Update (the problem persists):

• Update to Windows 11
  • DDU video driver removal and installation

Another hardware change - 2 weeks ago (the problem persists):

• Brand new NVME Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
  • Fresh new install Windows 11 home
  • Latest driver GPU, chipset and the rest

So, ultimately, if it were a hardware problem, the only components ever replaced are PSU, Ram and MB.
Frankly, I find it difficult to depend on any of these components, but I will try to do more tests as soon as possible. I was hoping that with Windows 11 the problem could be solved, but obviously I was too confident.

Thank you all for your attention!

Further upgrades:
- new motherboard: Asus Rog B550 Gaming F
- new video card: RTX 3080ti FE

obviously the problem persists ...

Anyway after all this useless troubleshooting I opened a ticket to Nvidia since the GPU is officially their product, 
the answer was: A probable incompatibility with the CPU, test the GPU on a latest generation Intel platform.

No comment!

14 hours ago, Lemonice said:
Further upgrades:
- new motherboard: Asus Rog B550 Gaming F
- new video card: RTX 3080ti FE

obviously the problem persists ...

Anyway after all this useless troubleshooting I opened a ticket to Nvidia since the GPU is officially their product, 
the answer was: A probable incompatibility with the CPU, test the GPU on a latest generation Intel platform.

No comment!

Oh, it makes no sense to write to them, they told me that I just need to adjust the graphics settings correctly dude

Previously, in a small window, the picture always flickered and shimmered (It started from the beginning of the problem), now something happened, and the flickering became only periodic, as if smoothing also periodically began to work correctly

https://vk.com/away.php?to=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2Ffile%2FdI1W3YRL%23nKVrEHwqH0G8d8AVB37MtA_Wb2zi3PuLbmgnk1VKZwI&el=snippet

Yes, 100% of the flickering disappeared in some places, now I will throw off the old video, and which was made today, the flickering has become much less, I do not know what happened, but there are no changes in the games

old video - https://mega.nz/file/ouYjgQDR#NEqyP_wIZpWpb-n3lMSXIeCZzDL6ywWTFuBdsV6nVsw

today video - https://mega.nz/file/p7xwTbwD#DS2qTt3jwbJaVNU6vF3snOYBk1rnmVim4FRGiRIoLU0

upd: Flickering has also become less for my friend on the problem

Today, on two of my TVs, wild stairs and flickering appeared on a regular TV, like in games, now you can't even watch TV normally. The only strange thing I remember is that the day before my uninterruptible power supply was pinging for no reason, usually it happens when the mains voltage is on.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:15 AM, elpucho010 said:

Today, on two of my TVs, wild stairs and flickering appeared on a regular TV, like in games, now you can't even watch TV normally. The only strange thing I remember is that the day before my uninterruptible power supply was pinging for no reason, usually it happens when the mains voltage is on.

чувак здарова, ты тоже русский? решил проблему?

On 2/12/2022 at 10:33 PM, HatredPain999 said:

чувак здарова, ты тоже русский? решил проблему?

Нет, уже несколько лет пытаются решить, прогресс минимальный, у тебя после чего проблема началась?

I've had this issue since I built an entirely new PC in early 2021. I'm playing Monster Hunter World at the moment and it has been such a horrific visual experience due to this issue that it motivated me to google this topic for the Nth time. No solution again, but this time at least I've found this thread and the amount of replies here compelled me to create an account. Hope we beat this mysterious disease some day.

Only useful info I can give is that I went from an Intel 4590 CPU + GTX 970 GPU to ---> Ryzen 3600 + RTX 3070. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do any testing on the old PC or its parts since the entire thing was sold.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:54 PM, Julia Wolfe said:

I've had this issue since I built an entirely new PC in early 2021. I'm playing Monster Hunter World at the moment and it has been such a horrific visual experience due to this issue that it motivated me to google this topic for the Nth time. No solution again, but this time at least I've found this thread and the amount of replies here compelled me to create an account. Hope we beat this mysterious disease some day.

Only useful info I can give is that I went from an Intel 4590 CPU + GTX 970 GPU to ---> Ryzen 3600 + RTX 3070. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do any testing on the old PC or its parts since the entire thing was sold.

Hello there,

I have the same probelm Ryzen 5  2400G, GTX 970. Recently noted in Wolfenstein 2 The new Colossus with broken hair models and broken shadows. The Shadows are shimmering, even if no object is moving and they have a strange checked pattern. Also there are pixellated. My latest theory is, maybe the Ryzen integrated Vega Graphic Card is somehow messing arround with the nvidia graphic... Vulkan Engine and latest Unreal Engine are not looking good at all. The only currently AAA used engine that looks more or less normal is the From Software Engine. Vulkan is ugly but playable, Unreal ist almost unplayable.

25 minutes ago, Gmed said:

Hello there,

I have the same probelm Ryzen 5  2400G, GTX 970. Recently noted in Wolfenstein 2 The new Colossus with broken hair models and broken shadows. The Shadows are shimmering, even if no object is moving and they have a strange checked pattern. Also there are pixellated. My latest theory is, maybe the Ryzen integrated Vega Graphic Card is somehow messing arround with the nvidia graphic... Vulkan Engine and latest Unreal Engine are not looking good at all. The only currently AAA used engine that looks more or less normal is the From Software Engine. Vulkan is ugly but playable, Unreal ist almost unplayable.

It's an interesting theory but my Ryzen 3600 doesn't have an integrated GPU so that can't be the reason. A lot of people experiencing this problem seem to be using Ryzen, but I'm sure there are Intel users as well.

Haven't really been paying attention to engines, will keep a closer eye from now on.

6 часов назад, Джулия Вульф сказал:

Это интересная теория, но мой Ryzen 3600 не имеет встроенного графического процессора, так что это не может быть причиной. Похоже, многие люди, сталкивающиеся с этой проблемой, используют Ryzen, но я уверен, что есть и пользователи Intel.

На двигатели особо не обращал внимания, теперь буду внимательнее.

It's not at all about whether you have ryzen or intel, and what kind of video card you have, people here have changed PCs several times and nothing has changed, and for some the problem goes to consoles, phones, laptops, like mine

09.05.2021 в 21:03 Эшлендер сказал:

Вы видите разницу с моей проблемой?

Почему он не может рендерить игры?

wri.png

I have the same, but it takes me longer to set up, you need to wait at least a minute

On 2/19/2022 at 6:09 AM, elpucho010 said:

It's not at all about whether you have ryzen or intel, and what kind of video card you have, people here have changed PCs several times and nothing has changed, and for some the problem goes to consoles, phones, laptops, like mine

What. How is that even possible? Some people are just cursed then?

I can say I haven't noticed anything in console games or on different screens apart from the occasional Switch game that will naturally have bad IQ.

On 2/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, elpucho010 said:

Нет, уже несколько лет пытаются решить, прогресс минимальный, у тебя после чего проблема началась?

я год назад в марте себе собрал пк, подключил к инету и вроде как эта хрень сразу появилась. но мб и спустя несколько дней после сборки, не помню точно

On 2/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, elpucho010 said:

если что мой ПК: intel zeon 2620 v3 + RX 580 4gb

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, Julia Wolfe said:

It's an interesting theory but my Ryzen 3600 doesn't have an integrated GPU so that can't be the reason. A lot of people experiencing this problem seem to be using Ryzen, but I'm sure there are Intel users as well.

Haven't really been paying attention to engines, will keep a closer eye from now on.

I am on Ryzen as well. Changed three GPUs and the issue persists. So, now my gut is saying that it is most likely a CPU issue. 

The strange thing is that even trial and error, which is the hardest but most effective method of reaching a solution, doesn't work. Similar things are being done on many other forums and no results. Everything in the world has a reason, and considering that we still haven't found the cause of this problem, it means that no matter how knowledgeable we are, there are things we don't know. The fact that even high-end software and hardware manufacturers such as AMD and NVIDIA do not make a statement on this makes me both hopeless and suspicious. Because they either don't know the reason, or they don't help even though they know. The fact that a 12-year-old problem has been circulating among us as if it had occurred yesterday and that no action has been taken by the relevant people makes me think about this. They are supposedly so considerate that they often release new drivers to add 3-5 FPS to some games but ignore such a graphical issue. Now, I don't know how many people have this problem but I know there are a lot of them. I mean, they may want to constantly encourage people to use various hardware and software. Or there could be a serious hacker group or groups doing it. Maybe years ago they produced an interesting virus that infiltrated the hardware or software and ended it all. No matter how fresh we start, it may be contagious somehow. Just like epidemics in our world history. It doesn't bring the apocalypse, but it ruins everything. And for us gamers, games are pretty much everything.

Let me tell my own story: I was using HD 6850 in June 2020 and frankly I didn't really care about the graphics back then. Because I never had a good system and I couldn't tell the difference. But in July 2020 I bought the RX 470 and by upping every setting I started to enjoy the games more. I remember very well, the graphics were flawless. It was absolutely perfect. This is how I used my computer for 7-8 months. Then I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and started having this ugly problem. Nothing has changed since then. Here is a detail, maybe it will help you: I was not very knowledgeable about PC at that time and I was constantly installing DirectX, Visual C++ etc. while I was installing my games. I mean, even though it was installed, I was reinstalling it again and again. I'm sure my computer was full with different versions. Maybe the format destroyed them all and I'm back where I started. 

So don't torture yourself by trying the tried things. Because they are waste of time and cause stress. As we see, there is no solution, I think we should organize instead of looking for the solution. We should start from somewhere without being lazy and show our presence on social media together with tens of thousands of people. Next, we have to contact AMD, NVIDIA or others, I don't know. Look around, we are in the age of technology. Do you think there is no solution to such a simple problem? That's why we need to reach people who are in the business. Otherwise we will continue to miss our old, beautiful days.

If any of you plan to buy Steam Deck, feel free to share your experience with us. I wonder how is the situation with jaggies/shimmering in there.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:39 PM, VincentArogya said:

I am on Ryzen as well. Changed three GPUs and the issue persists. So, now my gut is saying that it is most likely a CPU issue. 

We will never find a solution if people keep going back to the beginning. Before writing your theories with equipment, read at least half of the forum to understand what we are dealing with. The problem is not even close to the hardware, the problem somehow affects these components, but the source is different. Read the forum, the main theories are a virus and some kind of electrical anomaly.

On 2/22/2022 at 2:29 AM, Julia Wolfe said:

Какой. Как это вообще возможно? Некоторые люди просто прокляты тогда?

Я могу сказать, что не заметил ничего в консольных играх или на разных экранах, кроме случайной игры Switch, которая, естественно, будет иметь плохой IQ.

My problem did not immediately begin to hit at full force. It started when I downloaded RDR2 from a torrent, I have 500 hours in the game, so I know what the graphics are there. I immediately noticed problems with trees, they were very soapy at a long distance, and some objects simply could not be drawn at a distance, they were soap models. I thought that the problem was in the torrent, downloaded it from the official site, but nothing changed, then I reinstalled the drivers and everything that is possible, but even so. Then I downloaded Sea of Thieves, and everything was perfect, no problems, and I played for about 10-12 days and deleted it, then I made sure that I didn't have any anomalies, and it's about the equipment. I downloaded Battlefront 2, and there was an immediately noticeable problem, firstly, soap, secondly, again, drawing right in front of my eyes, I deleted it. Look what happened next, it's just a nightmare, I bought an Xbox SS, I have two TVs in the house, I checked on both, there's some super overpriced sharping, ladders, flickers, soap and the whole kit, even on my old Xbox 360 the picture was clearer. I decided to re-test RDR2 on a PC, and now it has become 10 times worse than when I first noticed the problem, now it is literally impossible to play there, the graphics are broken, literally. If I turn on TAA, then the soap is just 300% pumped in, and the objects are not drawn, either by half, or not drawn at all. If I turn on FXAA, the picture becomes clear, but fuck, absolutely everything consists of some flickering dots, it is impossible to play accordingly. Then I reinstalled Sea of Thieves, I thought there was no problem in it alone, but yes, they also appeared there, a bunch of ladders and flickers appeared in the game. Later, the problem moved to my phone, although it is less noticeable there, but it is clear that flickers appear in games, but this does not particularly interfere. So I realized that the problem was just progressing for me, as if it was spreading slowly, from one technique to another. That's what I noticed when I rearrange my Xbox SS from one TV to another, and it doesn't matter from which to which, just from time to time, the problem decreases, literally by 5 percent, and sometimes increases, i.e. in the morning I had ladders and all sorts of transfusions everywhere, and in the evening they became a little less. It also seems to me that the more I play games with such a problem, the more it progresses, i.e. what would have happened if I hadn't deleted Sea of Thieves when the problem wasn't so big yet, would the graphics have deteriorated over time too? It seems to me that devices are getting used to these graphical defects, and they extend to other games, but I don't understand how it works at all

9 hours ago, elpucho010 said:

My problem did not immediately begin to hit at full force. It started when I downloaded RDR2 from a torrent, I have 500 hours in the game, so I know what the graphics are there. I immediately noticed problems with trees, they were very soapy at a long distance, and some objects simply could not be drawn at a distance, they were soap models. I thought that the problem was in the torrent, downloaded it from the official site, but nothing changed, then I reinstalled the drivers and everything that is possible, but even so. Then I downloaded Sea of Thieves, and everything was perfect, no problems, and I played for about 10-12 days and deleted it, then I made sure that I didn't have any anomalies, and it's about the equipment. I downloaded Battlefront 2, and there was an immediately noticeable problem, firstly, soap, secondly, again, drawing right in front of my eyes, I deleted it. Look what happened next, it's just a nightmare, I bought an Xbox SS, I have two TVs in the house, I checked on both, there's some super overpriced sharping, ladders, flickers, soap and the whole kit, even on my old Xbox 360 the picture was clearer. I decided to re-test RDR2 on a PC, and now it has become 10 times worse than when I first noticed the problem, now it is literally impossible to play there, the graphics are broken, literally. If I turn on TAA, then the soap is just 300% pumped in, and the objects are not drawn, either by half, or not drawn at all. If I turn on FXAA, the picture becomes clear, but fuck, absolutely everything consists of some flickering dots, it is impossible to play accordingly. Then I reinstalled Sea of Thieves, I thought there was no problem in it alone, but yes, they also appeared there, a bunch of ladders and flickers appeared in the game. Later, the problem moved to my phone, although it is less noticeable there, but it is clear that flickers appear in games, but this does not particularly interfere. So I realized that the problem was just progressing for me, as if it was spreading slowly, from one technique to another. That's what I noticed when I rearrange my Xbox SS from one TV to another, and it doesn't matter from which to which, just from time to time, the problem decreases, literally by 5 percent, and sometimes increases, i.e. in the morning I had ladders and all sorts of transfusions everywhere, and in the evening they became a little less. It also seems to me that the more I play games with such a problem, the more it progresses, i.e. what would have happened if I hadn't deleted Sea of Thieves when the problem wasn't so big yet, would the graphics have deteriorated over time too? It seems to me that devices are getting used to these graphical defects, and they extend to other games, but I don't understand how it works at all

Some people do not believe us, they think that we create such a problem psychologically but such changes in the games we have played for a long time prove the existence of such a problem. I'm sure this graphic issue is not psychological but I noticed something related to it. I just want to point out something, maybe some of you noticed this. When I look straight at the screen, I can see everything clearly. However, when I tilt my head to the right or left, the clarity is lost and jaggedness occurs. I don't have any problems with my eyes, you can try too. I've said what I have to say about PC but that could be the cause of the problem with phones or others. Maybe what we think is normal may not be normal according to our brain. Maybe there was a coordination problem between the screen and our brain. This thing I'm talking about causes little effect but still has an effect. I think it's something to consider for those looking for a solution.

Hello everyone, I'm a PC user from China. I also had this problem since I reinstalled the system in 2018, and then my gta5 became like shit I started to ask for help on Chinese forums, but they said my eyes were broken

Then I found that Chinese players set up a group chat about this problem, in which there were nearly 500 people From 2018 to now, only some people in the group have solved the problem, but most of their solutions are different. Some problems disappear after moving, and others use EMI equipment. However, one person's solution is the most incredible to me. He just changed the monitor to solve the problem. At that time, many people in our group thought he was a liar, But the gta5 recorded video he gave did not have flicker, and other games did not have flicker

So I guess there is more than one reason for this problem, but we haven't found the real reason yet. I hope you can solve it as soon as possible so that we can enjoy traveling in the game