Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Try lower your texture filtering a notch, and restart the game. 

WE HAVE ALREADY TRIED THIS STUFF

IT
DOESNT

WORK

12 minutes ago, Colonizor48 said:

WE HAVE ALREADY TRIED THIS STUFF

IT
DOESNT

WORK

Sorry, did I quoted you? That is literally his 2nd post here and which such little information I don't know what he already tried to fix it. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Okay i was poking around with some crap and made it sugnificantly better? Im not entirelly sure how. Draw distance is still wierd but TAA is looking less like a flickery mess and more like a slightly less flickery flickery mess and fxaa works kinda better. This either happened after messing with ansthropic filtering in profile inspector, decressing LOD bias in profile inspector or securing my power strip(wasnt entirely plugged in). This is maybe making me thing it is a power issue after all, but not the kind these people think it is. Aa an issue with too little power.

Friends, I have a theory:
I think the CPU is taking at least 1GB of ram to create it for video memory.
I think the CPU is behaving as if it has integrated graphics. The reason I think this is because I started to monitor the resources that were used, then I saw that the games used little vram and of my 8GB of ram only 6, and in the task manager part in the GPU part, there is a section that says memory use of the shared gpu and there it always appears as 1 or 2 gb in use, which may be that the cpu for some reason creates its own vram. my pc is:
ryzen 5 2600x
rx 5500 xt
8gb ram

13 hours ago, luaR zepoL said:

Friends, I have a theory:
I think the CPU is taking at least 1GB of ram to create it for video memory.
I think the CPU is behaving as if it has integrated graphics. The reason I think this is because I started to monitor the resources that were used, then I saw that the games used little vram and of my 8GB of ram only 6, and in the task manager part in the GPU part, there is a section that says memory use of the shared gpu and there it always appears as 1 or 2 gb in use, which may be that the cpu for some reason creates its own vram. my pc is:
ryzen 5 2600x
rx 5500 xt
8gb ram

My cpu doesnt have an igpu. I use an old xeon from 2009

Does anyone here not have the issue? I wana get some side by side comparisons with various people with the issue and one without it with various games and videos?

Friends

I also want to share what happened to me.
When I had my new laptop the games looked great, the first one I tried was the witcher 3 it looked very good, without any errors of any problem, but it all started when I wanted to format my laptop, when I finished and downloaded the witcher 3 again it looked horrible.
After I bought a new pc, the games there looked fine, but on the pc I am not sure if the problem started after I tried other screen resolutions or when I decided to format the pc.
Which makes me think that the problem is due to lack of a configuration or lack of installing something.

3 hours ago, luaR zepoL said:

Friends

I also want to share what happened to me.
When I had my new laptop the games looked great, the first one I tried was the witcher 3 it looked very good, without any errors of any problem, but it all started when I wanted to format my laptop, when I finished and downloaded the witcher 3 again it looked horrible.
After I bought a new pc, the games there looked fine, but on the pc I am not sure if the problem started after I tried other screen resolutions or when I decided to format the pc.
Which makes me think that the problem is due to lack of a configuration or lack of installing something.

You may be right because something similar happened to me. I bought a new gaming PC last year and formatted it. In the following days, I started a job without having time to play games, but I was downloading a game almost every day. I was using several different pirate sites for full version and updated pirate games. Anyway, setup packages were recommending me software before installation. Like DirectX, Visual C+++, PsyhX etc. And I was installing them without caring, again and again. Within two months I had a big game archive.

Then I had to left my job for some reason and I started playing my games with clean, perfect graphics. I remember this very well. After 6-7 months, I had to format my PC again. After that I noticed this problem and nothing I did worked.

What I'm trying to tell you is that we always suspect some hardwares or softwares. But I think there is a software our computers need and we need to find it. There may also be several softwares that support each other. This problem seems important but I think it's not what it seems. Maybe it's so easy that we'll laugh at ourselves when it's over. That's all I want to say for now. I hope I helped.

Changed PSU - same shit.

Yesterday changed motherboard - same shit (changed from MSI x570 Unify to Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, pretty much the best you can get).

What I did before changing the motherboard: Reset CMOS (old MB) -> format both SSDs -> Reset CMOS again (old MB) -> changed motherboard -> fresh install of Windows etc etc

I'm calling it GG and selling the PC part by part. Going to move to another country in ~4 months (planned), after that I will build a new PC (hopefully can get my hands on a GPU). That's the only way I see out of it as I'm not going to risk by building a new PC without changing location and stepping onto the same rake again

I'm kindaaa thinking of trying to flash GPU BIOS as the last resort but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk as ending up with a bricked 3080 would be heartbreaking.

Any thoughts, fellas?

I do not fully understand whether this is a problem or not. Also, there are 2 categories of people who really have a "problem" and those who want from their graphics it is not clear what, because their games and PC work in the same way as everyone else.
The real problem, where it is (and I watched ALL the videos in this topic and available on YouTube) is the problem of electricity, emi ,radiation or something like that.
For people where the problem is real, all games look completely different - all game physics, animations - faster. I don't know why nobody on this thread has talked about it. And if you watch all these videos, the games look much nicer, all the animations are more natural (especially for games with good animation, motion capture). Perhaps this is how games should look, and not like most.
But! As a side effect, due to the higher speed of physics, all jags, ladders, shadows move very quickly, flicker, and are striking.

Watch this video

https://youtu.be/wyYzf3TNqfk 54:05 how quickly the glare from the rain flickers. Also earlier there is a chase on a horse. Look at the speed of the animation. Is it normal?

This guy thinks his games look great. But you can watch different videos there, there are GTA 4 and 5. Everywhere in his videos I see a higher speed and strong flickering and jagging. Literally every game works like this

4 hours ago, pepegus said:

I do not fully understand whether this is a problem or not. Also, there are 2 categories of people who really have a "problem" and those who want from their graphics it is not clear what, because their games and PC work in the same way as everyone else.
The real problem, where it is (and I watched ALL the videos in this topic and available on YouTube) is the problem of electricity, emi ,radiation or something like that.
For people where the problem is real, all games look completely different - all game physics, animations - faster. I don't know why nobody on this thread has talked about it. And if you watch all these videos, the games look much nicer, all the animations are more natural (especially for games with good animation, motion capture). Perhaps this is how games should look, and not like most.
But! As a side effect, due to the higher speed of physics, all jags, ladders, shadows move very quickly, flicker, and are striking.

nyway i would be willing to give anyone who finds a consistent fix for this a key to some 10$ steam game they want. If it only works for me but not anyone else its 5$ Has to work for atleast 3 people for me to give 10$ game, and the fix has to last for atleast 1 month first. If it keeps comming back but can keep being fixed via the same method and works for multiple people thats 7 instead of 10. Yup im putting a bounty on the bug.

Can someone just send a tweet to a big youtuber and have them cover the issue? Thats the best way for them to notice it. This is a very misterious issue and probably good add renenue. Can someone just tweet a big tech ytber on this?(gamers nexus, ltt, jayztwocents, etc) I can't do it because i refuse to get twitter due to numerous reasons. Send them this thread and the old thread as well.

Okay i'm noticing a bit of this on my nintendo switch. If it spreads it has to do so via the internet. Can someone try reseting everything on their pc(nuking the drives, reflashing mobo and gpu bios), then reinstalling windows without internet. And then installing drivers via a usb without internet. I have a few applications that might be able to detect the problem. mainly free, open source games, such as this https://github.com/rudderbucky/shellcore. If this works but connecting it to the internet brings it back then maybe try disabling the internet and reinstalling everything across all devices in your house. And maybe that will finally get rid of it.

14 hours ago, Colonizor48 said:

Okay i'm noticing a bit of this on my nintendo switch. If it spreads it has to do so via the internet. Can someone try reseting everything on their pc(nuking the drives, reflashing mobo and gpu bios), then reinstalling windows without internet. And then installing drivers via a usb without internet. I have a few applications that might be able to detect the problem. mainly free, open source games, such as this https://github.com/rudderbucky/shellcore. If this works but connecting it to the internet brings it back then maybe try disabling the internet and reinstalling everything across all devices in your house. And maybe that will finally get rid of it.

So you are saying now that is a Internet/virus/program RELATED?

19 hours ago, Cebreros said:

So you are saying now that is a Internet/virus/program RELATED?

I think it might be more like a prion. Some sort of wierd driver coding error that can spread itself somehow. Idk tho. We need to do scientific tests. If only someone would do them. A prion is a misfolded protein that can change other proteins to also be misfolded. Idk how that would work thoa nd this probably isnt it. Im not going to post on here anymore untill someone does some scientific tests unless its to respond.

Hello guys, I have been suffering with this issue since around early may this year and I believe I might know what this is being caused by.

I believe this is caused by Temporal Aliasing which apparently is caused by the samping rate of a scene being too low compared to the transformation speed of objects inside of a scene; this causes objects to appear to jump or appear at a location instead of giving the impression of smoothly moving towards them. *from wikipedia*

I am in a discord server for this issue and apparently people claim that games with Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) look perfectly fine without any jaggies so I am really starting to think that this is Temporal Aliasing.

Below I have linked a gif comparing no aa to smaa to TAA, you see how in smaa and no aa there is jaggies but taa looks flawless.

shared-bistro-bar-example.gif.7f2853179717bc93910a1e2132e87b76.gif

According to a reddit post i am about to link, temporal aliasing seems to also break LOD along as causing jaggies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/comments/e6z48q/why_is_lod_seemingly_broken_without_taa_taa/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

4th paragraph down

I could be wrong on this but I think that this is temporal aliasing.

50 minutes ago, Delays said:

Hello guys, I have been suffering with this issue since around early may this year and I believe I might know what this is being caused by.

I believe this is caused by Temporal Aliasing which apparently is caused by the samping rate of a scene being too low compared to the transformation speed of objects inside of a scene; this causes objects to appear to jump or appear at a location instead of giving the impression of smoothly moving towards them. *from wikipedia*

I am in a discord server for this issue and apparently people claim that games with Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) look perfectly fine without any jaggies so I am really starting to think that this is Temporal Aliasing.

Below I have linked a gif comparing no aa to smaa to TAA, you see how in smaa and no aa there is jaggies but taa looks flawless.

According to a reddit post i am about to link, temporal aliasing seems to also break LOD along as causing jaggies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/comments/e6z48q/why_is_lod_seemingly_broken_without_taa_taa/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

4th paragraph down

For me TAA is super flickery and causes z fighting, wavyness and even more blurryness then normal taa

1 minute ago, Colonizor48 said:

For me TAA is super flickery and causes z fighting and wavyness.

Interesting, many people claim that taa seems to really help the issues.

I still think Temporal Aliasing has to do with the issue and maybe taa doesnt work for some people but I dont know, this whole issue is really confusing.

Just now, Delays said:

Interesting, many people claim that taa seems to really help the issues.

I still think Temporal Aliasing has to do with the issue and maybe taa doesnt work for some people but I dont know, this whole issue is really confusing.

Yeah i wish TAA would just work for me. No mans sky would be a bit slower but thats a sacrafice im willing to make to get rid of this issue, albiet i do have a low end gpu and am allready pushing it in nms.

13 hours ago, Delays said:

4th paragraph down

Brother how i can enable TAA in my rtx 2060 super with windows 10?

7 hours ago, Cebreros said:

Brother how i can enable TAA in my rtx 2060 super with windows 10?

TAA is only available for a few games at the moment and unfortunately you cant force it onto games that dont support it.

I hope though going into the future more games support this option.

13 hours ago, Cebreros said:

Brothers watch this video: https://www.nvidia.com/es-la/drivers/txaa-anti-aliasing-technology/

Maybe  this gonna help us to fix the issue, because looks exactly as our problem. What Do You Think Guys?

We allready know TAA exists. It doesnt work for me. It causes wierd shimering, flickering and z fighting.