NVIDIA Titan XP Reviews and Benchmarks

HKZeroFive
2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Why do you think there won't be?

Because nvidia is really milking the consumers with 10x0 series and has no competition in that segment

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

2 minutes ago, Agost said:

Because nvidia is really milking the consumers with 10x0 series and has no competition in that segment

That sounds about right.  Yet another reason Vega needs to be successful.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

33 minutes ago, Agost said:

Mmmmmmh

I actually suspect that there won't be a 1080 Ti this time

Wanna take the bet that SAMG took?

Not sure if he actually did drink it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

Not impressed at all waste of money, was it always like this with the titan cards ?

Yes! The gap between the Titan Black and the 780 was the same performance and price gap as the 1080 and Titan XP!

Performance/price goes down the higher up you want to push performance, period.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm gonna guess it probably needs a water block to be worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Yes! The gap between the Titan Black and the 780 was the same performance and price gap as the 1080 and Titan XP!

Performance/price goes down the higher up you want to push performance, period.

That said the 780 and Titan black were based on the same basic core.

I personally am of the opinion these results suggest the Titan XP is highly bandwidth starved at some point in the gpu pipeline. Perhaps quite literally at the vram. It should be showing no less than a 24% improvement and with gpu boost id be expecting even more than that (although power target is probably an issue for a reference pcb).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

37 minutes ago, Valermos said:

Looks like review samples are scarce.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/pascal-absed-geforce-titan-x-available-from-today.html

Guru3D didn't get one.

Ltt didn't either. I don't think they really gave them out to anyone at all.

PCWorld only got theirs from a prebuilt.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

6 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

That said the 780 and Titan black were based on the same basic core.

I personally am of the opinion these results suggest the Titan XP is highly bandwidth starved at some point in the gpu pipeline. Perhaps quite literally at the vram. It should be showing no less than a 24% improvement and with gpu boost id be expecting even more than that (although power target is probably an issue for a reference pcb).

Based on the lower clock speed, having less than 50% more cores, and having 60% more VRAM bandwidth vs. a 1080, it's not bandwidth-starved. The issue is drivers and clock speed

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Based on the lower clock speed, having less than 50% more cores, and having 60% more VRAM bandwidth vs. a 1080, it's not bandwidth-starved. The issue is drivers and clock speed

Drivers probably. Forgot about those things...

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

3 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Drivers probably. Forgot about those things...

Thing is barely running around 1500-1600 MHz while you have 1080s jacked to 2000. It needs a decent cooler so it can run at a higher clockspeed and not melt the core.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

You and I both know that the clock speed issue will always exist when talking about Titan's and reference coolers. Throw a water block on these Titan cards, and their performance advantage will be more apparent. 

85C at 1600mhz? That alone tells you that it's reaching thermal limitations. The problem is, buying water blocks is adding more cost to an already $1200 product (That's just MSRP, if it sells like the 1080's and 1070's, it will be marked up even higher). Then again, anyone willing to spend $1200 on a GPU, likely does not care for an extra $120-$200 to be spent on a water block. 

Though, I am glad someone else is saying it. 40% more cores does not equate to 40% more performance if clock speeds are different. In this specific case, the Titan X is having its boost peak at 1600 at 85C. The 1080 can still reach upwards of 2100mhz even on its reference cooler. If my flop math is correct, 2560 cores x 2100 x 2 = 10,752,000. 3584 cores x 1600 x 2 = 11,468,800. A 6.65% difference in flops if you compare highly binned air-cooled 1080's, against the Pascal Titan X in these reviews that are hitting thermal limitations. However, most 1080's are not going to hit 2100, so 2000 might be a more accurate representation of their overclocking average. 2560 x 2000 x 2 = 10,240,000. Exactly 12% difference in flops on the dot. If a consumer plans on using these Pascal Titan cards, they better invest in a better cooling solution, or they will essentially be throwing money away. More so than what they are already throwing away for buying a Titan card in the first place. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

This was posted on Futuremark Forums... Looks like it is from Hexus.net

5dcbbe8b-eb70-4865-9f64-b9de8b77f442.png

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

€1330

yay, competition!

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

2 hours ago, Agost said:

Nvidia knows about Vega and know that AMD would eventually outdo the 1080 with it so it is unlikely that they won't be prepared for it. In fact they need very little preparation just take the same chips you're producing from the Titan Pee and package them with the silver 1080 cooler and paint in "Ti".

The Titan Pee is so overpriced they can afford to eat shit if they need to and price it at 700 or 800 bucks to compete with a potential Vega card that can match or outpace the 1080.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Nvidia should sell the card at $2,000 to make it even more exclusive, like a Mclaren P12, a status symbol. To satisfy the hardcore Nvidia fans.

$1,200 a piece is just too cheap.xD

And then the 490X will come and beat it to hell with similar performance at $400... Just like the 290X and 780Ti (May as well be the Titan) :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

41 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

And then the 490X will come and beat it to hell with similar performance at $400... Just like the 290X and 780Ti (May as well be the Titan) :D

Yeah, I'm not seeing that when they need 165W just to match the 970.

5 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

1400$ for custom advised price, while 1500$ for founders edition.

And 2000$ in stores ;)

3 hours ago, Valermos said:

Looks like review samples are scarce.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/pascal-absed-geforce-titan-x-available-from-today.html

Guru3D didn't get one.

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Ltt didn't either. I don't think they really gave them out to anyone at all.

PCWorld only got theirs from a prebuilt.

Just now, -BirdiE- said:

snip

That doesn't mean Nvidia sent it just saying. They could have bought it, or had another partner send one.

The two other sources I've seen with them got them from prebuilt makers. And Luke said he wasn't getting any response from Nvidia (to which Linus replied they might just have to buy one then.)

But maybe they got a surprise. Who knows?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Love 'em or hate 'em, that card looks pretty damn sexy.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

11 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

That doesn't mean Nvidia sent it just saying. They could have bought it, or had another partner send one.

The two other sources I've seen with them got them from prebuilt makers. And Luke said he wasn't getting any response from Nvidia (to which Linus replied they might just have to buy one then.)

But maybe they got a surprise. Who knows?

Who's to say they got it from Nvidia? Remember that Jayz2scents got his titans for Skunkworks from EVGA not from Nvidia.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Who's to say they got it from Nvidia? Remember that Jayz2scents got his titans for Skunkworks from EVGA not from Nvidia.

@-BirdiE- I believe (implicit by quoting me) was suggesting that LTT got a Titan XP review sample from Nvidia based on LTT's tweet.

Although in fairness, (s)he did not say that was his/her point.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

13 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

@-BirdiE- I believe (implicit by quoting me) was suggesting that LTT got a Titan XP review sample from Nvidia based on LTT's tweet.

Although in fairness, (s)he did not say that was his/her point.

Yeah. I was more just showing that they have one to review.

They got it pretty quickly, so it's definitely possible it's a review sample from Nvidia... But maybe Nvidia just let them buy it early. Who knows..