NVIDIA Titan XP Reviews and Benchmarks

HKZeroFive
On 4 August 2016 at 3:11 AM, Citadelen said:

I wonder what the Titan after this will cost, maybe $1500, I can't believe people pay that amount money for just a GPU, the most I'd ever consider for a GPU is £500.

Different people have different uses when it comes to the GPU.

Game devs who uses game engine to create game will prefer a beefy card. 

I used to use unreal engine for a little project I did, when I switched my GTX660 to GTX780, the fps I get within the engine had a 20+ jump. 

A lot of the software are both GPU and CPU intensive I think. Like game engine, 3d modelling software , substance painter and etc.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I believe titan x is truly a monster, a beast for gaming. But most of us dont have 1000 dollars to spend on just the gpu. for quiet a while i thought that titan x was the best gpu you can get. now i think its a waste of money because the thing is its an overkill even for the latest games like QUANTUM BREAK, ARKHAM KNIGHT, DOOM 4, etc which run fine on cheaper gpus. I think in that way because i am a gamer who cant even see the difference between 100fps and 200fps. I think a gtx 970 over cloaked is enough for performance level gaming. I want to know what u guy think of that,

On 8/2/2016 at 6:32 AM, Arokhantos said:

Not impressed at all waste of money, was it always like this with the titan cards ?

Titans were always a waste of money (for gaming), but even moreso now since AMD isn't bothering to compete this generation and Nvidia can do what they will. 

CPU: Intel 4790k Cooler: Corsair h100i Mobo: ASUS Z97-A RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1866 GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Storage: Crucial mx100 512GB & x3 2TB HDDs Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM Monitors: Acer XB271HU and Asus VG236 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming k70 RGB Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7 Headset: Sennheiser 558 + Antlion ModMic 4.0 Speakers: Harmon Kardon Soundsticks

I hate it when people brag that they have 2 TITAN Xs or 4 TITAN Xs because its no use getting lot of titan xs in your cpu. I mean its just a misconception that multiple gpus increase VRAM. well they dont. I think 4 titan xs and one titan x would provide the same performance. 4 TITAN Xs can reduce performance because we all know that titan x is a monster and it takes up a lot of juice and therefore causes a lot of electrical interference which slow down other resources or devices or even other titan xs in the cpu.

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

What do you mean ?? Could you elaborate a lil bit??

Maxwell (Pascal) was originally planned for 20nm, but TSMC failed to deliver a high-power 28nm node, so Maxwell was cut down and gutted to fit on 28nm. Having learned from that, Volta was likely prepared for both 10nm and 16nm.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Digital Foundry's look at the Titan XP in 4K. With Volta's X we'll finally get a proper 4K 60FPS ( in current games that its ).

Also a fine showing for the Fury X vs Maxwell TX; although both up to 50% slower on average than the TXP. Looking forward to next year's top dogs.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

-snip-

I agree, but this isn't a meant to be a workstation card. This is just bragging rights for rich people, and for Nvidia to make some cash. Which they are within their rights as a profit organisation to do.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

2 hours ago, Citadelen said:

I agree, but this isn't a meant to be a workstation card. This is just bragging rights for rich people, and for Nvidia to make some cash. Which they are within their rights as a profit organisation to do.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with a cooperation to make money. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

5 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Their claim is that its a deep learning card - that's pretty workstationy.
Add to that the Titan's use as a 3D rendering card and I reckon the argument is pretty strong in workstations favour.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 minute ago, Serin said:

Add to that the Titan's use as a 3D rendering card and I reckon the argument is pretty strong in workstations favour.

One main reason I'm interested, will be great for gaming and video rendering :)

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

3 hours ago, Serin said:

Rumor suggest FP16/64 is the same as a 1080. Also it's built on consumer Pascal, none of the deep learning features are included.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

5 hours ago, Tech Inquisition said:

One main reason I'm interested, will be great for gaming and video rendering :)

If you do a lot of video encoding and rendering try and pick up an RX 470 for super cheap.

The one thing Polaris cards excel at is video rendering and encoding, especially if your NLE supports OpenCL, where it'll be even better.

Although the biggest struggle there will be to be able to get the drivers to play nicely together. :)

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q