NVIDIA Titan XP Reviews and Benchmarks

HKZeroFive

Reviews are starting to surface for NVIDIA's newest and most powerful graphics card. Coming in at a price tag of $1200, it certainly does seem to be coming in line with the Titan moniker. I'll be updating the OP with reviews and benchmarks as they get released. I'm expecting a smaller number of reviews than the GTX 1080 this time round but let's see.

WRITTEN REVIEWS

Gamestar.de (German)

Hardware Canucks

Hot Hardware

PCPerspective

PCWorld

Tom's Hardware

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Judging by what you've posted so far.... It just doesn't look worth it to me. It's generally only 20% or so faster than the amp 1080, so if you get two of them in sli it'll cost 1300-1400 dollars but you'll also be getting much higher performance in most games. Not to mention that in games that don't scale horribly in sli, GTX 1070 sli, which costs around 800 dollars, will probably come extremely close in performance.

It's still my opinion that the Titan XP is a stupid card unless you're using Int 8... Anyone who wants that kind of performance should just wait for the 1080 ti.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

20% faster than a 1080 for a 80% increase in price, still not fully capable of 4K ultra @60fps... Still a scam from Nvidia, I love those Titan cards more and more every year :D 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

I've said it time and time again but 30-35% was the gap between the stock 980 and titan x, this is just like then, the titan xp is 30ish % better than a stock 1080, just as before only idiots and ballers should buy this card for gaming

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, Arokhantos said:

Not impressed at all waste of money, was it always like this with the titan cards ?

They used vaseline in the past, it was only 1000$

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

@Slick would love to see some 3D render benchmarks if you guys get the time when doing your review.
(ie Cycles, Octane, Vray etc etc)

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

59 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

They used vaseline in the past, it was only 1000$

The next Titan XV(Volta) will be $1400. xD

Just now, Deli said:

The next Titan XV(Volta) will be $1400. xD

We can still hope for the long-awaited AMD return in the high-end GPU market. This might calm Nvidia's titties.

59 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

We can still hope for the long-awaited AMD return in the high-end GPU market. This might calm Nvidia's titties.

Very soon, graphics card will be 80% of the entire PC build budget. Everyone is rocking a $1,000+ GPU with a $80 CPU and a $50 PSU in a $1,200 build. xD

1 hour ago, Arokhantos said:

1400$ for custom advised price, while 1500$ for founders edition.

Nooooo, the cooler of the Founder's Edition is made of "premium" material. It will be $1,600 at least. xD

With a water block this could get way faster than a 1080. If you can get the core over 2000mhz it'll smoke em.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

3 minutes ago, Deli said:

Very soon, graphics card will be 80% of the entire PC build budget. Everyone is rocking a $1,000+ GPU with a $80 CPU and a $50 PSU in a $1,200 build. xD

Then the GPU will become the PC, it will have a $20 SOC.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

59 minutes ago, Remixt said:

With a water block this could get way faster than a 1080. If you can get the core over 2000mhz it'll smoke em.

A waterblock costs another $100 or so. The starving student will have to suffer instant noodle for two more months. xD

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

A waterblock costs another $100 or so. The starving student will have to suffer instant noodle for two more months. xD

I don't think students will be the one buying these cards :D

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

58 minutes ago, Remixt said:

I don't think students will be the one buying these cards :D

There is one in the Graphics Card forum saying why the price of the Titan XP is justified. :P

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

There is one in the Graphics Card forum saying why the price of the Titan XP is justified. :P

I don't believe you

58 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

I don't believe you

Don't want to dig up the thread. Nothing personal.

Just now, Deli said:

Don't want to dig up the thread. Nothing personal.

Oh I thought it was an ongoing discussion. 

31 minutes ago, Serin said:

@Slick would love to see some 3D render benchmarks if you guys get the time when doing your review.
(ie Cycles, Octane, Vray etc etc)

We don't even know if Nvidia sent ltt a Titan X... Afterall, like the Titan z Nvidia is marketing this more as a workstation card not as a gaming card, which is why there are barely an reviews on the web so far.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, roylapoutre said:

Oh I thought it was an ongoing discussion. 

In page 3 now.

The price makes this card "meh" but it is a nice preview of what the 1080ti will bring to the table and even more intriguing, what Vega will have to deliver from AMD.

I personally think Vega will bring only 1080 numbers in DX11 but surpass by a thin margin in DX12 async compute heavy games and it will probably be water cooled too.

I'd certainly be an interesting contest.

EDIT: on a more personal preference note: damn that FE cooler in black looks sooo much better. I wonder if I can eventually find a D.O.A. Titan to swap the cooler from my 1070 FE.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The price makes this card "meh" but it is a nice preview of what the 1080ti will bring to the table and even more intriguing, what Vega will have to deliver from AMD.

I personally think Vega will bring only 1080 numbers in DX11 but surpass by a thin margin in DX12 async compute heavy games and it will probably be water cooled too.

I'd certainly be an interesting contest.

We can only hope that Vega brings some stiff competition, otherwise the 1080 will sit at it's current price and the Ti will be ~$900 US

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

16 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

We can only hope that Vega brings some stiff competition, otherwise the 1080 will sit at it's current price and the Ti will be ~$900 US

Mmmmmmh

I actually suspect that there won't be a 1080 Ti this time

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Just now, Agost said:

Mmmmmmh

I actually suspect that there won't be a 1080 Ti this time

Maybe, maybe not.

Why do you think there won't be?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -