The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

Nope, it's just like any other desk :)

Well maybe it's just me, but I still think it could be a bit flimsy because it doesn't have a lot of weight to it, but I guess it's just me >_<

2 π noscope

/powered by mountain dew and doritos/

Well maybe it's just me, but I still think it could be a bit flimsy because it doesn't have a lot of weight to it, but I guess it's just me >_<

>_<

What do you mean it doesn't have a lot of weight to it?  Most desks just have a top and legs :)

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

>_<

What do you mean it doesn't have a lot of weight to it?  Most desks just have a top and legs :)

Ye, but they are more stable because they are made of oak for example which is heavy and that gives it a lot more stability so you can't really shake it so easily. :)

2 π noscope

/powered by mountain dew and doritos/

got my new corner for my desk the other day didnt think it was really that big its nearly 50x50 inShxRd9O.jpg

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to IKEA today and have been.. well frankly blown away by their electronically controller sit/stand desks... (BEKANT)

But looking at the price tag (600€) quickly crashes all my hopes and dreams...
Are there people here that have experience with DIY and electric linear actuators? Is that even feasible/worth it?

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

• 2 weeks later...

How would that Gerton table top handle monitor stand clamps? I'd like to be able to swing a 27" monitor around to act as a tv when I go to bed.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50106773/

Maybe downgrade to a case that can fit in that finnvard leg and two regular legs on the other side. Would a define s or similar squeeze in there?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00225293/

I picked up the IKEA dioder for my current desk however besides red the colors are a little disappointing.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you add links?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Does the paint scratch off easily? If I don't use a coaster will is bubble easily? (On the black......if that matters)

Few questions.. If I buy one of the legs is it for say $10 for 1 leg or $10 for 4 legs.

Second question... Confused on what to buy. I want a desk that will hold 3 27inch monitors and legs that are adjustable since I'm still growing so I can adjust to my liking as I grow. The theme is gonna be black and red but id like the top to be black and the legs as long as they are red or black. If one of their desk won't hold 3 27inch monitors I can always buy a triple monitor stand but my PC will also be on it. The case will eather be a NZXT H440 or something around that size. What would be my best combo?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Tables (Alternative to legs)

iZMyLR8.jpg

GMWYpGe.jpg

Can't seem to find the top left one at all, also does the bottom draw come in any other colors besides white?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

So I picked out all the components (2 desk tops and 8 legs) which ended up being about $100 but then the shipping is $99. Is this just how Ikea shipping is or should I look into an alternative? 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I just did a new computer build and basically completely revamped my room (including my computer desk, etc). I bought one of the LINNMON tabletops and the ADILS legs. I also bought a nice shelf/book cabinet (I can't remember the model). I am very satisfied with my stuff from IKEA and actually quite surprised. Stability is awesome. I actually originally bought the OLOV adjustable legs, but one of them broke - they also made this really annoying rattling noise whenever the table was moved a small amount. I would highly recommend the ADILS legs as they are dirt cheap and provide perfect height (they are actually slightly adjustable, but honestly the 27" height is perfect for 90% of people).

Anyways, check out my setup!

20151001_204804_zpsmy6nw9wl.jpg

20151001_204758_zpsbydklhry.jpg

20151001_204749_zpsuwoveeh4.jpg

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Lol so I can't stand having desks with drawers, so perhaps its a good thing a 4 foot folding plastic table is holding my 2500 dollar gaming rig atm.

But hey it's a super nice height and no frills table.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

• 2 weeks later...

This looks good, but I cant use it right now, even if I am going to have a new computer desk. but When I move from my parents house, that will probably be like 5 years, I may use this if its still around

1 my desk have to be on the wall, and be cut to be the right size. so the only solution is to buy wood, cut it and then paint. but Luckily, its my mum that is going to do it, not me. So its going to be a easy solution for me, but not my mum :P may post it here later.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, 105k views on this silly guide I made bored one night

I know how you feel.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Does the table move with the cheapest legs? Or are they sturdy?

No, I have the ADILS legs, which are the cheapest and they are great.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

No, I have the ADILS legs, which are the cheapest and they are great.

What table top? Do you have much weight on it?

See my post a couple of posts up...I posted a bunch of photos with all the info.

Very interesting, that's a good alternative to buying a prebuilt desk with only one design.

I prefer to build my own desks, it gives you a lot more control, but it can be a pain to work with wood when you don't have the proper tool, especially when it's for an interior furtniture that need to look good.

Not a big fan of the 'tables' (replacing the legs) designs, but I guess you can some adjustments =P

I built my desk. Super basic design, but exactly what I wanted.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

I so need something like this! I've been recently upgrading my rig bit by bit. So, now im looking for a table like this.

Update coming soon.......... ;)