The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

Holy shit can I live in your room

Didnt know about this. Got something to do now haha. Thanks.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'll be buying one of these once my basement is finished.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

05/28/2014

It appears that Ikea now ships items for a really decent price.

One desk & legs would cost me only $15 and 2 sets would be $16!

pszEF52.jpg

I often see people asking what desk they should get and one desk comes to my mind.

I have been using the Ikea desks for years now and they work extremely well.

So I figured I would give a little more thought to the topic and potentially others with it.

MYWyu1D.jpg

The great thing about the Ikea desks is that they come in different shapes and colors.

Right now I have one holding THREE(3) 27" Monitors.

So they are a pretty decent size. 

The Larger Table-Top; 35.99 USD / 26.52 Euro

This is my preferred table top for desks. The great thing is it comes in a few colors.

Black/Brown

rqf4mbS.jpg

Red

SlzxOEP.jpg

Birch

NbZub4W.jpg

Gray

R72Q7ms.jpg

White

oxYpJnC.jpg

For the legs, you have multiple options.

Non-Adjustable: 3.50 USD / 2.58 EUR to 10 USD / 7.37 EUR

Adjustable: 15 USD / 11.05 EUR to 30 USD / 22.11 EUR

Table: 45 USD / 33.16 EUR to 79.99 USD / 58.95 EUR

Non-Adjustable Legs:

lDTYK5Y.jpg

Adjustable Legs:

j8B11as.jpg

Tables (Alternative to legs)

iZMyLR8.jpg

GMWYpGe.jpg

Being able to choose the looks of the desk help it make it yours.

My personal desks feature the chrome adjustable legs (expensive)

And one of the tables to help with some storage.

The desks are extremely stable and strong. Great build quality as well.

t6vidlm.jpg

The joy of these desks is that they are extremely easy to assemble.

The desks come with pre-drilled holes which makes it a breeze.

All you have to do is take the screws & wrench that come with the legs,

Line up the holes and screw it together in about 10 minutes.

OPmqDf4.jpg

hmYnvyD.jpg

Obviously these are Ikea desks and can be found online or at Ikea.

Table Tops Online:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11844/

Legs & Table Alternatives Online:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11845/

e3NshAQ.jpg

These are great desks that can range from 49.99 USD / 36.28 EUR

For the low end of the desks.

Stepping up to the better & adjustable legs the desks start at 95.99 USD / 70.75 EUR

This offers you a little bit more customization for the desk.

They do offers pre-built desks and many other desk top shapes for you to choose.

These have been my go to desks for a while now and I have 3 myself.

They now offer a Stainless Steel table top for 99 USD / 72 EUR

I might have to pick this up myself for a cool new table.

m5PqaD8.jpg

GfaPpST.jpg?1

JV9JRag.jpg?1

what size taple tops you using and how many??

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

Why in the world are the non adjustable feet only 70cm tall?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Regarding your comment about the legs between the two desks:

30751_PE119402_S3.jpg

I would take that, turn it to where the shelf could be used as a foot rest for me, and use that to hold up both desks, maybe 2 if necessary. That'd just be what I would do though. It wouldn't look as nice or clean, but it would be functional.

Or possibly two of these, since they are smaller:

80181_PE204449_S3.JPG

Again, turning it so that your feet can rest on the bars.

I was just about to say that. I have had the FINNVARD ones for about 14 years now. Really good, these.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

These desks are very well made. Very heavy and I've dropped them a few times on the corners without any damage.

I've got one and had some issues it's a little bit of a pain in the ass to clean IMO. Get's streaks sometimes, and had mine chip but that was from dropping a pocket knife. Otherwise great desks.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

i was just thinking of making my own, this options is really easy, and thanks for sharing your desk, gave me ideas :D

GfaPpST.jpg?1

Have I seen your desk also somewhere else? Probably on some keyboards forum?

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

When it's built by Ikea, you know it's good :D

not sure if sarcasm :D

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

GO tmy desk from ikea too, at a discount price :D Its good, I recommend it.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

@ttam So are your desks 30" wide or 24"?

My plan is to use the wider desk (30") plus the one of the storage units (24"), apart from a larger overhang will this work?

Thanks  ^_^ 

Commenting to mark page, thanks for the desk. Been looking for a corner desk forever, now do they ship internationally?

@badogblue

I have the same type of desks and storage units. The tabletops should all come with the same 5 threaded holes for each leg on each corner. The storage units don't have any mounting for the desks. It's kind of a just lay it on top or screw on your own bracket/brace. I have my storage units sideways in between my desks and they seem perfectly fine. My desk is against the wall though. I can take pictures of the desk and holes if asked to.

just a question 
they don't bend in the middle ? im asking cuz i will need one soon 

In terms of durability... the linnmon tabletops are hollow in the middle with a honeycomb like structure full of wood strips. There are what seems to be 1 inch thick planks of MDF type wood on each edge. The top and bottom panels are about 1cm thick. The Edging is all veneer. It's easily removable if you need to peel it off. I scrapped veneer off this one and used it on the edge of another desk that I cut. Here's a picture for reference. I would definitely see long desks bending over time if there's no support leg in the middle. I only know a friend with a Micke desk that has bent in the middle.

MVHuIf7.jpg

Wish my room didn't have pillars in strange places.

My system: CPU: i5-4670k CPU-Cooler: be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX fury (red) SSD: Samasing 840 EVO 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Windforce Case: Fractal Define R4 windowed PSU: Corsair CX 600W Semi-Modular OS: Windows 7 Home Premium.

Laptop: Dell Laptop - Some crap i5 and 8GB of DDR3 ram. OS: Duel Boot - Windows 8 & Ubuntu! 

Now I want to buy one 

*Corsair 500r * Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4,3 Ghz * 4GB RAM * WD 1TB HDD * Samsung 840 Evo 120GB * MSI GTX 960 4GB * Asus Z97 AR *Corsair VS650 * #KILLEDMYWIFE

In terms of durability... the linnmon tabletops are hollow in the middle with a honeycomb like structure full of wood strips. There are what seems to be 1 inch thick planks of MDF type wood on each edge. The top and bottom panels are about 1cm thick. The Edging is all veneer. It's easily removable if you need to peel it off. I scrapped veneer off this one and used it on the edge of another desk that I cut. Here's a picture for reference. I would definitely see long desks bending over time if there's no support leg in the middle. I only know a friend with a Micke desk that has bent in the middle.

MVHuIf7.jpg

Thank's for pointing this out.

I was actually quite disappointed with the quality of the Linnmon table tops (especially the black-brown variants), and most of the other Ikea table tops in general. It wasn't the particleboard frame or honeycomb cardboard/MDF that put me off though. It was the finish on the top. See, when I was in the store I peeled the information label back a bit and the adhesiveness of the tape holding it to the table actually peeled the finish right off the table top, exposing the bare board underneath.

As for the legs, the metal ones at least, I found them to be of very high quality for the price. I picked up six Adils legs and for $5 a piece I couldn't have asked for any better. I picked up an Alex drawer unit as well, which I am also impressed with, but the price is a little high in Australia for what you get, but then again it is compatible with the desk system being 70cm high and all. I also checked out the Ullrik shelf unit, which is using the same hollow construction as the table tops unfortunately.

In the end I got a large 210x90cm piece of solid 3cm thick edge-joined timber (Baltic Pine) and had it cut into one 150x75cm piece and one 90x60cm piece (similarly sized to the Linnmon precut sizes). By the way, this big piece of pine only cost $99, only five or so dollars more expensive than the Linnmon equivalent sizes, plus it's a hell of a lot more solid. I then attached the Adils legs to the underside of the timber pieces and gave it a clear matte polyurethane coating and it looks great.

That being said, if you like the admittedly really nice looking Linnmon table tops and you don't want to go to the effort of cutting and varnishing timber definitely consider the Ikea range.

• 2 weeks later...

One Question, how did you attach the storage table to the top?

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Kukielka, the table simply sits on top of the storage unit, it is 70cm tall, same as the legs. You can use the included rubber pieces on the top of the storage unit to protect it from scratches.

:o YOUR SETUP IS BEAUTIFUL :o 

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'