PSU Tier List [OLD]

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

This is a legacy list. It is no longer being updated.

The new PSU Tier List can be found here:

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'm 99% certain GPU-Z can't properly measure power draw so there's that.

Well all RX480 seems to display a "GPU only" power draw so...meh? :P 

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Either way, update your card's BIOS and report back after overclocking.

Sooooo much effort but I'll do it...when I have time :) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Funny how it's name is "600" but even in it's own specs sheet says it's only a 500watt xD 

It's an unfortunately common trick among cheaper PSUs.  A manufacturer makes a 250W PSU and calls it something like "Model 600", and since the model name is in bold, the buyer assumes that it's a 600W PSU and that it's a great deal at $19.99 with free shipping.  They then use it to power a computer with a Celeron CPU and something like a GT 210, and since it doesn't burn out, they give it a positive review on Amazon/Newegg/YouTube/wherever, and other buy it based on the review and low price.  then when someone actually needs 600W and it burns out, the buyer is considered at fault since the PSU was technically rated for 250W and "Model 600" was only the name, so the manufacturer gets away with it in the end.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

That doesn't stop people from buying it

Despite the fact that they bought a case with PSU basement

They will buy anything just for the RGB knowing they will only use one color for the rest of the build

It could make a cool RGB glow under the PC though, like those tricked out sports cars that aren't entirely legal.B|

Just now, VIVO-US said:

It's an unfortunately common trick among cheaper PSUs.  A manufacturer makes a 250W PSU and calls it something like "Model 600", and since the model name is in bold, the buyer assumes that it's a 600W PSU and that it's a great deal at $19.99 with free shipping.  They then use it to power a computer with a Celeron CPU and something like a GT 210, and since it doesn't burn out, they give it a positive review on Amazon/Newegg/YouTube/wherever, and other buy it based on the review and low price.  then when someone actually needs 600W and it burns out, the buyer is considered at fault since the PSU was technically rated for 250W and "Model 600" was only the name, so the manufacturer gets away with it in the end.

It could make a cool RGB glow under the PC though, like those tricked out sports cars that aren't entirely legal.B|

Better make a VIVO RGB PSU?

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Better make a VIVO RGB PSU?

We'll see. :)

1 minute ago, VIVO-US said:

It's a trap!

ackbar.jpg

wait who are you (sorry because i dont know your brand)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

wait who are you (sorry because i dont know your brand)

We're a manufacturer/seller of mostly tech products like monitor and TV mounts and computer cases.  We recently entered the PSU market with our PSU-650G power supply.

Just now, VIVO-US said:

We're a manufacturer/seller of mostly tech products like monitor and TV mounts and computer cases.  We recently entered the PSU market with our PSU-650G power supply.

that's nice. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

that's nice. 

They have an industry affiliate with a personality, whoa!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You don't see that everyday...

I mean they usually have set answers like "please contact us at..." or "Sorry, I am unable to answer that" :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

20 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Literally he's going to make me buy the Vivo power supply. Really, though, I like the price and next time I go to buy a PSU I'll probably grab it and an FSP Hydro X. Why does the Hydro X get no love! It's beautiful yet it sits on every product page with no reviews. It's neglected, beat down! We must stop the abuse.

17 minutes ago, turkey3_scratch said:

Why does the Hydro X get no love! It's beautiful yet it sits on every product page with no reviews. It's neglected, beat down! We must stop the abuse.

Could be pricing, doesn't look like a good value tbh considering there are better units for similar prices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

21 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

You don't see that everyday...

I mean they usually have set answers like "please contact us at..." or "Sorry, I am unable to answer that" :P 

Our CS team responds more professionally to messages from customers, or directs them to contact us at our email address since we can't have them providing private order info in a public place. :ph34r:  No robots here though!  Everyone gets to have a personality as long as it's awesome. :D  This account is mainly for answering questions or providing assistance for VIVO products, so I probably shouldn't be making too many "just for fun" posts!

2 hours ago, turkey3_scratch said:

Literally he's going to make me buy the Vivo power supply.

Mission accomplished!!  If you do get one, we hope you like it enough to buy 50 more!  And maybe a VIVO PC case to go with it... 9_9

11 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

Could be pricing, doesn't look like a good value tbh considering there are better units for similar prices.

Blasphemer.

9 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

Our CS team responds more professionally to messages from customers, or directs them to contact us at our email address since we can't have them providing private order info in a public place. :ph34r:  No robots here though!  Everyone gets to have a personality as long as it's awesome. :D  This account is mainly for answering questions or providing assistance for VIVO products, so I probably shouldn't be making too many "just for fun" posts!

Mission accomplished!!  If you do get one, we hope you like it enough to buy 50 more!  And maybe a VIVO PC case to go with it... 9_9

I meeeeeaaan I could buy that many... But I'm already drowning in PSUs here. I have a dark history.

BJZUnco.png

1 minute ago, turkey3_scratch said:

Blasphemer.

Power Supply: FSP Group Hydro X 450W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
meanwhile at that $70-80 price range, you get:

Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Rosewill 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Deepcool 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.88 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: BitFenix Fury 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Jet) $80.94 with no returns and paid by debit card

so yeah, it's not bad but terribly overpriced and outmatched by other competitors.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Power Supply: FSP Group Hydro X 450W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
meanwhile at that $70-80 price range, you get:

Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Rosewill 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Deepcool 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.88 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: BitFenix Fury 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Jet) $80.94 with no returns and paid by debit card

so yeah, it's not bad but terribly overpriced and outmatched by other competitors.

It's not fair if you only pick power supplies that win your argument though. I'd rather you choose ones that support my stance, thanks!

(just kidding I just like the Hydro X because I like it. It's like love at first sight.)

(and now I feel bad because my fanboyism for it made you compile a list)

Though remember...

MrVdVyi.png

9 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

There are a few other industry affilates on the forums that I've run into every now and again, and honestly....I really dislike those that just defend their company or strictly speak facts. This isn't XXXX company's support line/forum. IMHO industry affiliates should act the same way as everyone else just with extra knowledge pertaining to a specific subject/field/company (i.e. you can be your own source regarding anything Vivo).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

This isn't XXXX company's support line/forum. IMHO industry affiliates should act the same way as everyone else just with extra knowledge pertaining to a specific subject/field/company (i.e. you can be your own source regarding anything Vivo).

Like the guys from Western Digital :D

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Like the guys from Western Digital :D

Or the G2a guy (or the dealzon robot).

I'm all for a strictly factual post every now and again, but at the end of the day, this isn't customer support. And I do understand that there are possible issues with providing more than just pre-approved fact posts, but still. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

48 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

There are a few other industry affilates on the forums that I've run into every now and again, and honestly....I really dislike those that just defend their company or strictly speak facts. This isn't XXXX company's support line/forum. IMHO industry affiliates should act the same way as everyone else just with extra knowledge pertaining to a specific subject/field/company (i.e. you can be your own source regarding anything Vivo).

Exactly. If I was gonna have a beer with an industry affiliate, Vivo's it is. Though it'd help if I was of age. Well if he flies me to Germany that's not a problem.

Just now, turkey3_scratch said:

Exactly. If I was gonna have a beer with an industry affiliate, Vivo's it is. Then I can blackmail him for drinking with someone underage so I can get 50 free PSUs.

Why do I feel like that's not the best course of action xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, turkey3_scratch said:

Then I can blackmail him for drinking with someone underage so I can get 50 free PSUs.

yeah, they can slap their name onto 50 logisys units and send them to you.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

yeah, they can slap their name onto 50 logisys units and send them to you.

Then you sue them for burning down the neighborhood and get them to send you 500 PSUs.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey guys, any news of Seasonic's new budget units?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Hey guys, any news of Seasonic's new budget units?

Confirmed, they are intended for consumer computers.

(okay I'll stop now)