Pokémon GO player calls 999 to tell police someone stole his Pokémon

Djole123

Wut da freak

So, as y'all know, there is Pokémon GO and it causes some injuries and stuff. Today is no exception.

images (2).jpg

A lovely fan called Gloucestershire police, and reported someone "stole his Pokémon".

Police was, of course, angry as hell and told him when does he need to call 999 and hung up.

What was this guy on at the moment? I mean seriously?

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/18/pokemon-go-player-dials-999-to-tell-police-someone-stole-their-p/

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

When I was young, it was fun to call the police for absolutely no reason. So I guess since he had a somewhat legit problem, it's not as bad. Now he knows better.

Just now, Djole123 said:

Wut da freak

So, as y'all know, there is Pokémon GO and it causes some injuries and stuff. Today is no exception.

images (2).jpg

A lovely fan called Gloucestershire police, and reported someone "stole his Pokémon".

Police was, of course, angry as hell and told him when does he need to call 999 and hung up.

What was this guy on at the moment? I mean seriously?

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/18/pokemon-go-player-dials-999-to-tell-police-someone-stole-their-p/

Well compared to people being mugged/robbed, shot, hit by cars and walking of cliffs in the states I think that's pretty minor really, I mean literally thousands of people call 999 every week for stupid things.

Its like when you watch Cops shows on TV, all the American chases are wild, action packed and thrilling then they go to a UK clip and its a Vauxhall Astra thats slipped on ice and hit another parked car.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

how is this generation of kids still able to breathe?

I mean how does this generation of parents still able to breed...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, DXMember said:

I mean how does this generation of parents still able to breed...

Therein lies the problem, breeding is easy but most of them don't have a high enough educational level to be able to breed and do right by their offspring.

I work in a school looking after kids in an out of school club setting and some of the thigs I've seen would make anybody stop and think. The kids don't have a chance because the parents have the intelligence levels of Cletus from the Simpsons.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Therein lies the problem, breeding is easy but most of them don't have a high enough educational level to be able to breed and do right by their offspring.

I work in a school looking after kids in an out of school club setting and some of the thigs I've seen would make anybody stop and think. The kids don't have a chance because the parents have the intelligence levels of Cletus from the Simpsons.

yeah... people rallying for marihuanna legalization? c'mon...

should issue certification and permits for having children first

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

tell u this will happen:

It is our birth right to fuck     #allowustofuckwithnocondoms

Just cause have the people are too stupid to use condoms

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

8 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

tell u this will happen:

They're probably stupid enough not to even notice that...

okay... I haven't seen pokemons irl but I've seen one video of it...

can someone explain - can you battle pokemons or all you do in that game is throw ballz at them?

How old is that poketard, that be calling the popo for something this stupid.

Must be one of those dumbtard hipsters whos already taken a bunch of selfies with pokemons and posted them on instagram. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Team Rocket stole my pokemon!!! 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Sir, I was playing CSgo and I saw an armed terrorist walking around with his bomb...  Yes,  he win the round... No, I'm being serious. 

- snip-

2 hours ago, DXMember said:

okay... I haven't seen pokemons irl but I've seen one video of it...

can someone explain - can you battle pokemons or all you do in that game is throw ballz at them?

You don't battle wild pokemon but you can battle in gyms and even take hold of gyms :)

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

i did a lot of stupid things as a kid, but prank calls to the police or so was never one of them.

Just now, apm said:

i did a lot of stupid things as a kid, but prank calls to the police or so was never one of them.

Knowing the youth of England fairly well I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was a genuine call.

Why go around shooting black people when you have these retards !!  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Knowing the youth of England fairly well I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was a genuine call.

sure, what if it was genuine. what the fuck did he expect to happen? should they arrest the dude who stole the pokemon?

i know that a lot of people call the cops for whatever reason, but still.

i had to call them a few times myself and didnt waste their time with stupid shit.

23 minutes ago, RexinOridle said:

Why go around shooting black people when you have these retards !!  Just saying.

cause it's the not in the US

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XlyB_QQYs

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Reminded me of this;

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not too surprising, people call emergency numbers all the time for stupid reasons. I don't think this is really news worthy, and frankly is just playing off the Pokemon hype.

18 hours ago, DXMember said:

Sarcasm?

Marijuana has many reasons to be legalized and is less dangerous than alcohol.

18 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

tell u this will happen:

...it is, actually.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What a shitty "tech news" post IMO !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

What’s even scarier is the motion of people wanting to isolate and cut off people they deem “stupid” basically for being that. Suggesting eugenics makes me question the intelligence of those people more than I question it for the parents with dumbass kids.

Well you do realsie that as humans we are the only species on the planet that bypasses natural selection. If these parents were any other animal they wouldn't be breeding because they would have been killed when they were young.

Now i'm not suggesting for one second we sound start stopping people from doing anything, I'm just asking you to stop and actually think what we, as the dominant and intelligent species of Earth, are doing to ourselves.

People have been calling Police for dumb reasons since the dawn of time. They even got 100+ calls when Facebook was down, so I'm not really sure how this is news. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Now that's a legit nerd emergency

Details separate people.