Razer Mechanical keyboard Case for IPAD pro

ALL NEW RAZERTM
ULTRA-LOW-PROFILE
MECHANICAL SWITCHES

Wanted this for years !~

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

I hope they make one for the surface

It looks like its a 2 part setup, the keyboard and the case can be seperated. SO technically you can use it with the surface

Great, now make one for the iPad Pro 9'7/ Air 2 pls Razer

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

I didn't expect this at all, but I have to say it looks good - at least on paper :P

also so wow the battery difference with and without lights! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Its pricing makes sense once you realize that the 'Smart cover" available costs the same......but this is so MUCH sexier:x

one thing's true: it's much better than Apple's keyboard cover

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, RiteshSingh93 said:

It looks like its a 2 part setup, the keyboard and the case can be seperated. SO technically you can use it with the surface

I believe the edge of the iPad Pro has the contacts. so no, it will not work with the surface.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So it's a mechanical switch but in a laptop form factor? Veeeeery interesting I wonder if Razer plans to put this on their laptops too or better yet, licence it to other laptop manufacturers

-------

Current Rig

-------

28 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So it's a mechanical switch but in a laptop form factor? Veeeeery interesting I wonder if Razer plans to put this on their laptops too or better yet, licence it to other laptop manufacturers

When one builds, others will want to join the bandwagon.

That's good for us.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

I believe the edge of the iPad Pro has the contacts, so no, it will not work with the surface.

But it uses Bluetooth for connectivity.

mechanical chiclet scissor switches? Very interesting. I only want laptop style keys. Now make it a regular wireless keyboard like the Logitech K810, add white backlighting and I'm sold.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

33 minutes ago, atrash said:

But it uses Bluetooth for connectivity.

This Verge article, explains more about that keyboard and yeah, it uses BT for connectivity and not through Apple's Smart Connect. Even though it's uses Bluetooth, the keys for Apple are different. So unless you managed to find a way to remap them to work on a Windows tablet, it will most likely not work. We just have to be patient.

@LizardsAreOP

Importantly, Razer also acknowledges plans to expand the use of the new low-profile mechanical switch in other keyboard products — so if you like the shallower key travel of chiclet keyboards, but appreciate the hard precision of mechanical switches, the company should have more options to offer you after this first keyboard.

smart connect.JPG

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad+Pro+12.9-Inch+Teardown/52599

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

It almost looks like a glorified scissor switch.  I really want to hope there is ZERO membrane here.

Non the less... 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Rodinski said:

It almost looks like a glorified scissor switch.  I really want to hope there is ZERO membrane here.

Non the less... 

giphy.gif

That is me right now. I am wanting to move to the tablet genre of mobile computing. the surface is the go to, but a good third party keyboard accessory would be much adored

Looks really good, would like to try it out. Also would be nice to see it elsewhere too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This has me intrigued. I find that there are some chicklet keyboards that I actually really like. I wonder if you will get the benefits of a mechanical setup (tactile feedback, no requirement to bottom out the key) in this low travel setup. Part of me just sees this being a chicklet keyboard with slightly different feel. I also wonder if you will see companies like cherry or kailh come out with their own versions for use in gaming laptops.

Every picture on Razers Website is Very dark Feel like it doesnt show the product that well at all when your actually looking at smaller details

So they can put full size arrow keys on this but they cant put them on the blade -_-

3 hours ago, Sladerz said:

So they can put full size arrow keys on this but they cant put them on the blade -_-

LOL.....this made me break out in laughter.....didnt even notice it

I really want to see how this feels.  I need an iPad Pro anyway, so I'll take it!  I really, however, want to see razer try and make a clone of a Topre switch.  I bet with their cash flow, they could make an excellent, RGB, TKL Topre clone.