HTC is permanently slashing the price of the HTC 10

AlTech

HTC is slashing the price of the HTC 10 by $100 USD to $599. It's still not the cheapest phone in the world. BUT hopefully this will lead to more sales and clearing their inventory/stock since they have loads leftover.

In yet another sign of its smartphone struggles, HTC is today initiating a new discount on its flagship HTC 10 handset in the United States. Slashing $100 off the 10’s original $699 price, HTC will also give customers a $100 credit toward acquiring accessories from its

htc.com web store. That makes the HTC 10 a $499 phone, provided you buy it before the end of this month and you really want to have extras like the Ice View case or car adapter. It would be an even better offer if you could put the second $100 toward the purchase of an HTC Vive, but HTC explicitly rules out Vive accessories.

HTC has yet to report its first earnings reflecting the sales impact of the HTC 10, but early indications haven't been encouraging. Pinning its hopes for a turnaround on such an expensive device was always going to be a gamble for HTC, and the company's discount so soon after the 10's release would seem to be an acknowledgement of that fact. HTC is no longer competitive among entry-level and mid-range smartphones, having lost out to Samsung's Galaxy portfolio and the countless Chinese upstarts filling the space, and the company now really needs its flagship phone to be a major success.

Wonderful. A phone that is priced the way it should have been priced from the beginning. Honestly i think they should have cut the price to $499 because 599 is still steep for a high end smartphone which isn't perfect. 

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/12/12158206/htc-10-price-discount-usa

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

To be honest, HTC phones are pretty fucking dreadful, I've had a HTC M8 for the past two years, and its been the worst phone I've EVER had, it constantly overheats burning a hole in the leg and its caused damage to the phone itself, so it randomly turns on/off the flashflight, messes with brightness etc, all the things that drain the crap out of the battery. I've always treated the phone with care and it has no markings on it whatsoever, and looks brand new, but yet, still broken as hell, going to be buying myself a OnePlus 3 this upcoming September, 110% Sure I'm not staying with HTC

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

45 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

To be honest, HTC phones are pretty fucking dreadful, I've had a HTC M8 for the past two years, and its been the worst phone I've EVER had, it constantly overheats burning a hole in the leg and its caused damage to the phone itself, so it randomly turns on/off the flashflight, messes with brightness etc, all the things that drain the crap out of the battery. I've always treated the phone with care and it has no markings on it whatsoever, and looks brand new, but yet, still broken as hell, going to be buying myself a OnePlus 3 this upcoming September, 110% Sure I'm not staying with HTC

Overheating in your pocket sounds like some malware/shitapp is running mate. I'm not saying you are wrong about it being shit though.

40 minutes ago, ManIkWeet said:

Overheating in your pocket sounds like some malware/shitapp is running mate. I'm not saying you are wrong about it being shit though.

Nahh, a while back the phone completely crashed on me, and I reset it, and flashed the OS and reinstalled it, and it still overheated, its just shit.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

2 hours ago, SherifsDog22 said:

One M8 was the best phone I've ever owned.

Also had it for 2 years.

Granted, towards the end of it's life the battery life became a bit shitty, and it did get kinda hot when under heavy load, but I expect this from a phone coming to the end of it's usable life.

I abused the shit out of mine once I'd had it for about a year, and it still worked like new until I got rid of it.

Upgraded to the 10 about 3 weeks ago and love it so far.

Each to their own :)

3 hours ago, Darel321 said:

lol.. just think what you can buy with 600$ xD... you can buy a chinese phone for 100$ and its the same shit as this... and you're left with 500$  xD

Yeah cause 100 dollars can get you a All metal Snapdragon S20, 1440p Screen, Fingerprint reader,  Dac for headphones and better Speakers then most phones

3 hours ago, SherifsDog22 said:

snip

30 minutes ago, rhyseyness said:

snip

For reference Phones i have owned and used for at least couple of months S4, S5, S6, S7 Edge  Note 3, LG G3, HTC M8,

Older less relevant  Iphones 3G, 4, 5  Note 1  

Honestly with real world experiences with all the above phones the HTC Sticks out as a great smartphone for its release time. Linus did a video and highly respected it and made it his daily i believe

I bought my girlfriend one it was a good phone no overheating issues i was always impressed with the Speakers & Still am. Now its obviously a older phone so it gets blown away now but at the time the HTC M8 was a great phone without a doubt. It was faster then most, had a good LCD and good battery life with a not Disgusting skin of andrioid like most were doing at that time. I would of gotten one/ kept it for my daily but it wasn't without flaws and what stopped me was the height/bezels form that black bar and the thickness even though the battery isnt big. I did get rid of hers a while back due to Being on tmobile and lack of Band 12 Was annoying where i live. 

Still using my Galaxy s2 plus even tho i noticed that it is getting slower. Might upgrade next year to a s5 mini or so because of better camera.

I rarely use it anyways except music and a bit browsing, photos.

I love my M8 but it seems to love to slow down really hard even though I use it for calls only.  I'll miss it, but I'm done with Android.

I've broken my HTC M9 so I'm back using my good old M7 now. Must say I still like the M7 the most. It went downwards with the M8 and M9.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

2 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Yeah cause 100 dollars can get you a All metal Snapdragon S20, 1440p Screen, Fingerprint reader,  Dac for headphones and better Speakers then most phones

are you gonna buy it??

Still rocking my M7. Won't buy another one of their phones until they release another 1080p 4.7" with dual speakers.

Still more expensive than S7 or Huawei Mate 8 or P9. What does HTC have for that price the others can't do?

19 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Still more expensive than S7 or Huawei Mate 8 or P9. What does HTC have for that price the others can't do?

Nothing. Which is why they are failing. Their head is stuck in their ass and they haven't done anything truly remarkable recently.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Rune said:

Still rocking my M7. Won't buy another one of their phones until they release another 1080p 4.7" with dual speakers.

Not ever gonna happen.

Damn. I saw "slashed" and thought it was going to be like Motorola does with their phones, and have an actual blow out price. Sadly, it's still too expensive. If it was cheaper I probably would have picked one up to try out.

I need a new phone damn it and nothing's ticking all of my boxes.

15 hours ago, Darel321 said:

lol.. just think what you can buy with 600$ xD... you can buy a chinese phone for 100$ and its the same shit as this... and you're left with 500$  xD

I'd like to see this phone.

10 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Whooo hooo still 150% of the OP3

Yet, has a few higher end parts..so..yea. More expensive.

6 hours ago, Rune said:

You'll never buy another phone again...better stock up on replacement parts!

The Axon 7 really isn't that much bigger.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

14 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You'll never buy another phone again...better stock up on replacement parts!

Hopefully not the case. Even 4.7" is close to being too big for my tastes.

3 minutes ago, Rune said:

Hopefully not the case. Even 4.7" is close to being too big for my tastes.

Eh, the masses like the bigger screens. So that's what they'll produce. it sort of seems like HTC is turning away from the whole front facing speaker deal anyway.

Have you ever tried to use a phone with a larger screen for more than a day?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

18 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Eh, the masses like the bigger screens. So that's what they'll produce. it sort of seems like HTC is turning away from the whole front facing speaker deal anyway.

Have you ever tried to use a phone with a larger screen for more than a day?

Can't afford to just buy any phone I come across, so no. I have worked retail for years and dealt with many displays before they are locked down, though, and I always find them annoying to use.

5 hours ago, Rune said:

Can't afford to just buy any phone I come across, so no. I have worked retail for years and dealt with many displays before they are locked down, though, and I always find them annoying to use.

You really have to play around with one for longer than a few minutes to get used to it. Once you do, you'll never go back. Though it greatly depends on the design. The Note5 feels smaller and better than my Nexus 5 did.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

14 hours ago, WereCat said:

The best damn audio you've ever heard from a phone's built-in speakers.

I have a HTC 10. AMA.

22 hours ago, Darel321 said:

are you gonna buy it??

That has nothing to do with What i said, Your comment that a 100 dollar phone is similar to the HTC is idiotic Regardless if HTC even sells a single phone or not.  And i did consider this phone when i was getting a phone recently but I Couldn't resist the buy one get one Free S7 Edge Promo my carrier had.

In my opinion the HTC 10 would be much better priced at 499 but at 599  though Its a decent option to consider if your in the market for something in this price range vs its competition in actual carrier stores where most buy there phones.