Beat car to impress girls?

Straudz
2 hours ago, Kimmers said:

For those saying that only hoes and whores are attracted to material things like nice cars, that's a partial truth.

Being able to show wealth is considered a sign of success. Yes, it will attract gold diggers but it will also attract normal and intelligent women. It shows that you have financial stability, which is a positive and attractive trait. While I agree it's silly to spend all your money on a car in hopes to attract women, it does work.

As to suggestions. Get a Mercedes or an Audi. Not a BMW though.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5678449297.html  This good?

Get a Jaguar

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, Straudz said:

its looks like this car was repossessed when the previous owner defaulted the installments

the outside looks ok from the pictures but you need to see the car personally

it will be better to give it a test drive to find any faults

the DSG gearbox and the suspension if are damaged will be costly to replace.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 hour ago, Straudz said:

i'd honestly rather get a 2003 bmw 540i for that price. more legroom, and it's a much smoother car to drive compared to that.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

No thanks. For four doors, legroom, and practicality I'll take me one of these:

Reveal hidden contents

2008-chevrolet-2500hd-4x4-crewcab-lb-tra

Of course we all know what I daily during the summer:

Reveal hidden contents

13012698_10206142461346574_2850968478050694437_n.jpg

But really, in all seriousness @Straudz, an 18 year old doesn't need and probably shouldn't get a 40K car or a huge truck with excessive power. Any normal, reliable, vehicle will do just fine. If you like sporty then pick a used sports car. If you like classy then pick a used foreign car. If you like classic then pick a muscle car. If you want utility a crossover or truck are great choices (and some crossovers can be decently sporty).

What's more important is that you get something that satisfies three requirements: You can be proud of it, you can take care of it, and most importantly you can safely drive it. Respectable girls are more likely to care about your responsibility and confidence than they are to notice the quality/type of your car.

Right, you're American and I'm Canadian. Different aspirations.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Heard the 2016 Cem Chloroform always buckles the ladies at the knees and won't cost 40k...

CPU: A good one | Motherboard: A blue medium in size | RAM: Enough for gaming | GPU: Two big ones | Case: Black with colors | Storage: More then enough | PSU: Could kill me if I licked it | Displays: Two of them | Cooling: A few fans | Keyboard: Yes | Mouse: Yes, on a wire | Sound: Sure | Operating System: You betcha!

2 minutes ago, gleetk said:

Heard the 2016 Cem Chloroform always buckles the ladies at the knees and won't cost 40k...

You have one post and this is it? 

42298389-good-job-round-orange-grungy-vi

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

You have one post and this is it? 

42298389-good-job-round-orange-grungy-vi

*Reply* Failed condescending remark duly noted. But thanks, Jacob.

CPU: A good one | Motherboard: A blue medium in size | RAM: Enough for gaming | GPU: Two big ones | Case: Black with colors | Storage: More then enough | PSU: Could kill me if I licked it | Displays: Two of them | Cooling: A few fans | Keyboard: Yes | Mouse: Yes, on a wire | Sound: Sure | Operating System: You betcha!

2 minutes ago, gleetk said:

*Reply* Failed condescending remark duly noted. But thanks, Jacob.

I didn't mean to be condescending. It's just that I googled "2016 Cem Chloroform" and got a bunch of German articles about Chloroform and Chloroform extractions. I therefore assumed that it was a joke in poor taste about drugging girls with chloroform. Sorry if that's not the case.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Ah okay. All is good. My point to be made was; if a vehicle needed to attract the female XY chromosomes to the XX male's Felix, then your doing it wrong thus the "Chloroform" pun. All I can ask myself is "And this is our future leaders?"... Scary.

8 hours ago, Mug said:

Not really if the base model practically costs £30,000. Must be some pretty middle-class yobs in your town mate :P

It doesn't mean that they would have bought the thing brand new or that they indeed even own it. Paying monthly for something one can't actually afford goes with the territory of being an immature idiot after all.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

On 12/07/2016 at 8:03 AM, Straudz said:

Well, I'm not super picky about looks.  (Just not to short) I like a nice kind personality.  Preferably intelligent, keeps up with current events.  Also preferably a gamer.  Oh yeah, also trustworthy.

>Intelligent

>keep up with current events

>games

>trustworthy (hehe)

>will date you because you have a nice car

pick one bro.

A woman falling for you because of a car isn't going to like you because of your personality. If you attract a woman with money, what do you think you'll get back, hm?

Btw, this thread is derailed already... Chloroform and which car is better.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

On 7/12/2016 at 9:29 AM, Gale said:

That sounds like my circle of friends. You're in luck, because they like a well kept car above make and model. Go for something modest like a Jetta, or a Civic (the newer ones look pretty nice, IMO), and keep it clean and shiny. It passively lets people (not just girls) know that you are responsible with your budget, and you like to take care of your belongings. This doesn't mean you can't go for something a bit higher up if you're into more luxurious models though.

Now, keep in mind that this is just a general view, and there are always exceptions.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Don't get a loud car.

On 7/12/2016 at 8:55 AM, Straudz said:

Hey guys so I'm looking to buy a car that will impress women.  My budget is 40k.  What kind should I get?  Also what type of rims and paint job is the best.

Yeah. Just make sure it looks kind of Nice, well looked after and not too loud.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 hours ago, Kimmers said:

For those saying that only hoes and whores are attracted to material things like nice cars, that's a partial truth.

Being able to show wealth is considered a sign of success. Yes, it will attract gold diggers but it will also attract normal and intelligent women. It shows that you have financial stability, which is a positive and attractive trait. While I agree it's silly to spend all your money on a car in hopes to attract women, it does work.

As to suggestions. Get a Mercedes or an Audi. Not a BMW though.

If the OP was in his 30's or 40's, I would 100% agree with you.

However, an 18 year old going $30,000 into debt is not exactly the model of financial stability that most intelligent women are after ;)

@Straudz That Audio you posted looks pretty decent. No matter which car you decide you want to get, make sure to check it out in person first, and take it to an independent mechanic for an inspection. If you have a friend or family member that is handy with cars, taking them with you is a good idea. They might spot something negative that others would miss.

In any case, take a test drive, and get it inspected - this goes for any used car. A former roommate of mine once made the mistake of buying a used piece of crap car for ~$1500 cash, without inspecting it. After the money changed hands and ownership was signed, he found out the car had a ton of problems, and didn't even run properly. Ended up costing him double what he paid for the car to simply get it running.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, blu4 said:

>Intelligent

>keep up with current events

>games

>trustworthy (hehe)

>will date you because you have a nice car

pick one bro.

A woman falling for you because of a car isn't going to like you because of your personality. If you attract a woman with money, what do you think you'll get back, hm?

Btw, this thread is derailed already... Chloroform and which car is better.

Yea you're right.  I had no idea.  I would never even consider dating a gold digger.

I work at an Acura dealership and personally the 2016 Acura TLX strikes the perfect blend of style, performance, class, and luxury. Get one with a V6 and SH-AWD and I don't know of any girl that would look at you the wrong way for owning one of those... Just my opinion 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

I suggest buying a cheap, clapped out poo wagon and use your money to get closer to buying your own house.

Girls that like flashy cars usually are easy to get into bed but come with drama.

Women will over look a poowagon if they know you actually have a plan for the future, such as buying a house.  The sooner you buy a house and pay down your mortgage, the sooner you can buy a brand nee car that you and your significant other both appreciate.

At 18, an expensive car is a dangerous waste of money.

On 12/07/2016 at 7:55 AM, Straudz said:

Hey guys so I'm looking to buy a car that will impress women.  My budget is 40k.  What kind should I get?  Also what type of rims and paint job is the best.

tried getting a pt cruiser?

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

On 7/14/2016 at 1:39 AM, blu4 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's exactly what you are trying to do.

My bad.  Like what I said before.. I save no dating experience so I had no idea that you didn't need a cool car to find a girlfriend.

2 hours ago, Straudz said:

My bad.  Like what I said before.. I save no dating experience so I had no idea that you didn't need a cool car to find a girlfriend.

Do you have experience with friends?  Ever have any female friends?

Confidence in yourself, being respectful and polite and being a friend first.  The moment it changes from friend to something else can occur with one single event, but approach the situation by putting friendship first.  Don't assume she's the one, let things play out naturally.  If your hormones will let you, don't change who you are for a woman, find a woman that loves you for who you are.*  You'll both be much happier in the long run.

My dad told me I should save my virginity for the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  I however came factory equipped with a high sex drive.  I chased women, was occasionally successful but mostly not.  Looking back, I wish I could have given my virginity to my wife.  So there is that to consider too, if that is your situation.  I lost mine at 19.

*I want to clarify this point, there is a big difference between growing up and out of childish behavior and the core of your being.  I can't tell you which is which, only you can know that.  It takes a loving partnership to help identify the childish traits that need to go and a willingness to look at yourself in the mirror.

Just get a car you personally like the look and handle of, and if 40K is your budget not a whole lot is out of reach aside from the more money than sense cars like Ferraris and Lambos. Get something you personally like and just take care of it. If you are worried about attracting women, I feel you there but a car isn't going to do it. My friend as a perfect counter-example can find girls that are absolutely stunning, despite having a literal fire hazard of a truck. Granted, the dude takes good care of himself and is outgoing and all that jazz, but his truck isn't stopping him in the slightest. Most of what I hear is that confidence matters a lot and you need to put yourself out there to get that confidence.

38 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

Do you have experience with friends?  Ever have any female friends?

Confidence in yourself, being respectful and polite and being a friend first.  The moment it changes from friend to something else can occur with one single event, but approach the situation by putting friendship first.  Don't assume she's the one, let things play out naturally.  If your hormones will let you, don't change who you are for a woman, find a woman that loves you for who you are.*  You'll both be much happier in the long run.

My dad told me I should save my virginity for the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  I however came factory equipped with a high sex drive.  I chased women, was occasionally successful but mostly not.  Looking back, I wish I could have given my virginity to my wife.  So there is that to consider too, if that is your situation.  I lost mine at 19.

*I want to clarify this point, there is a big difference between growing up and out of childish behavior and the core of your being.  I can't tell you which is which, only you can know that.  It takes a loving partnership to help identify the childish traits that need to go and a willingness to look at yourself in the mirror.

Yea I've had female friends.  I've never asked anyone out though.