Beat car to impress girls?

Straudz

a car that isnt obnoxiously loud, is functional, and allows you to take them to a dinner at a nice place.

that dinner will do much more to impress a lady than any car will.

If you were in the UK, I'd say a manual Golf GTI petrol 2.0L.

41 minutes ago, Mug said:

If you were in the UK, I'd say a manual Golf GTI petrol 2.0L.

Ah the iconic car of the english yob culture. Usually to be found racing the streets of the local town or city or parked in the local supermarket thumping out it's obnoxious ear cancer.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

11 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Ah the iconic car of the english yob culture. Usually to be found racing the streets of the local town or city or parked in the local supermarket thumping out it's obnoxious ear cancer.

Same as Civics

I realy dont care what kind of car a guy drives.

The only thing i care about is what car i drive myself!

I can get impressed by a car, but that doesnt mean that i get attracked to the guy who drives it.

If i get impressed by a car i want to have and drive it myself, i dont need a guy for that lol. :P

7 hours ago, Straudz said:

Well, I'm not super picky about looks.  (Just not to short) I like a nice kind personality.  Preferably intelligent, keeps up with current events.  Also preferably a gamer.  Oh yeah, also trustworthy.

No offense (please take this to heart), but the girls you are describing, won't give a shit what kind of car you own.

How you treat your car will be more important. Take care of it. Keep the interior clean (Seriously, a trash covered interior is a mega turn-off). Give it a wash every now and then.

6 hours ago, Straudz said:

Lol I wish.  I actually got about 10k saved up.  However with a job I can afford monthly payments.

Honestly, I would suggest:

1. Forget about buying a $40K car

2. Use the $10K you've got saved up to buy a pretty nice, good condition, used car - pay for the whole thing up front (obviously don't bring $10K in cash anywhere - use a certified cheque or money order or equivalent). If you're paying "cash" (eg: not financing), you can often negotiate a slick discount.

Just because you can afford monthly payments, doesn't mean getting $30K in debt from buying a car at the age of 18 is a smart decision. At 18 years of age, you should be buying a car outright, not adding on to debt.

Buy a nice used car, in good shape, with no obvious body damage (scratches, dents, etc). Treat it well. Real girls don't give a shit (Although buying a "Ricer" or an import that is artificially "souped up" - often visually only with body kits - is a sure way to turn off most nice girls).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thanks for the awesome advice guys!!  Yea as a guy with aspergers and zero dating experience I had no idea that you didn't have to have a badass car to attract women.  Therefore you might see me back with dating advice in the future.

1 minute ago, Straudz said:

Thanks for the awesome advice guys!!  Yea as a guy with aspergers and zero dating experience I had no idea that you didn't have to have a badass car to attract women.  Therefore you might see me back with dating advice in the future.

No worries. Confidence is the biggest key. Exude it (yet don't be an asshole or cocky - there's a fine line you don't want to cross). Even if you're not truly confident inside, pretending to be confident on the outside will help with girls, and will actually grow your confidence internally too.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 hours ago, Starrzy said:

Subaru WRX STI!

That's a man's man's car!

I don't know too many women that would appreciate the STi or an EVO, let alone even know what they are.  I'd say it's a great choice, but not too likely to impress the ladies.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

That's a man's man's manchild's car!

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2003 bmw m5. great balance of nice exhaust (with a muffler delete), comfy seats, interior quality, and exterior style. ladies will seriously love your car. trust me. it's a classy car, and it's hailed as one of the all time greatest bmws ever made.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 hours ago, Starrzy said:

Subaru WRX STI!

Nissan 370Z Nismo!!!

Let's agree to disagree

Most of them won't even care. You don't start talking to a person with a car. Only problem would be if somebody is embarrassed to go places with you because of your car. 

System: Thinkpad T460

Women seem to like things that aren't at all practical. 

2 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

Most of them won't even care. You don't start talking to a person with a car. Only problem would be if somebody is embarrassed to go places with you because of your car. 

I would only be embarrassed if their car was a body kit souped up piece of shit low end import with exhaust tip extensions, a giant, pointless spoiler, bad looking chrome highlights, etc.

If you can't afford a new/good car, that's one thing - and is totally fine, as long as you take car of your shitty/cheap car (and it's not literally falling apart, and not dirty inside).

But taking a shitty cheap car and spending a lot of money to make it "look" and "sound" "cool" (I put cool into quotation marks, because honestly those types of cars do not sound or look cool at all - putting an exhaust tip and a spoiler on a shitty Honda Civic, doesn't take away from the fact that it's still a shitty Honda Civic), will just make you look like a fool who doesn't know how to spend their money.

3 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Women seem to like things that aren't at all practical. 

Care to elaborate? Most women I know don't really care about cars that much - the ones that do, seem to be attracted to "small and hip" cars, like Focus Hatchbacks, Fiesta's, Mini Coopers, Fiat 500's etc. Nothing wrong with any of those cars (Though they certainly wouldn't be my first pick). And they certainly are not impractical. The Fiat would probably be the most impractical, given how tiny they are - but they're still bigger than smart cars lol.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I would only be embarrassed if their car was a body kit souped up piece of shit low end import with exhaust tip extensions, a giant, pointless spoiler, bad looking chrome highlights, etc.

If you can't afford a new/good car, that's one thing - and is totally fine, as long as you take car of your shitty/cheap car (and it's not literally falling apart, and not dirty inside).

But taking a shitty cheap car and spending a lot of money to make it "look" and "sound" "cool" (I put cool into quotation marks, because honestly those types of cars do not sound or look cool at all - putting an exhaust tip and a spoiler on a shitty Honda Civic, doesn't take away from the fact that it's still a shitty Honda Civic), will just make you look like a fool who doesn't know how to spend their money.

honestly i drive around in a 2002 mazda protege and it just looks like crap (mainly because it got hit from the side from a 3 ton infiniti suv), but i still maintain it like it's my baby. i wash it and dry it to the best of my ability, i keep the interior clean (it's black, so it's hard to see stains) and it's still a hell of a lot of fun to drive, because the japanese were actually making fun economy cars back then, compared to now. and the only performance mod i've got is a k&n cold air intake, planning a legit exhaust system soon, not some stupid 10 dollar fart can. sure, it's no ferrari, or even a mercedes, but it's my car, and i like driving it around. and my friends, who are mostly girls, can ignore the physical appearance of if and they overall generally approve of what i drive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Social skills (judging by the thread title alreayd lacking), a good sense of humor, compassion, and a 14 inch dick.

Bro.. I just feel your answer is the most best.. And everyone should think of doing this rather that go online and search for cars that they can basically not buy and would spend a fortune on.. Rather than improve yourself and get the girls..sss like linus sssss 

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Care to elaborate? Most women I know don't really care about cars that much - the ones that do, seem to be attracted to "small and hip" cars, like Focus Hatchbacks, Fiesta's, Mini Coopers, Fiat 500's etc. Nothing wrong with any of those cars (Though they certainly wouldn't be my first pick). And they certainly are not impractical. The Fiat would probably be the most impractical, given how tiny they are - but they're still bigger than smart cars lol.

It isn't a deal breaker but I'd bet girls secretly would much rather go somewhere and hop out a BMW than a Fiesta (if they aren't driving). It's just natural showing off/a status symbol (maybe it's just the basic girls here lol). Most of them seem to love stuff like Mustangs.

System: Thinkpad T460

1 minute ago, Speedyv said:

It isn't a deal breaker but I'd bet girls secretly would much rather go somewhere and hop out a BMW than a Fiesta (if they aren't driving). It's just natural showing off/a status symbol (maybe it's just the basic girls here lol). Most of them seem to love stuff like Mustangs.

honestly true that. my best friend drives around in a big blingy lifted hummer h2. and pretty soon her parents will buy her a range rover evoque. and they already have 2 lexuses. but that's the kinda people i hang out with.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

honestly i drive around in a 2002 mazda protege and it just looks like crap (mainly because it got hit from the side from a 3 ton infiniti suv), but i still maintain it like it's my baby. i wash it and dry it to the best of my ability, i keep the interior clean (it's black, so it's hard to see stains) and it's still a hell of a lot of fun to drive, because the japanese were actually making fun economy cars back then, compared to now. and the only performance mod i've got is a k&n cold air intake, planning a legit exhaust system soon, not some stupid 10 dollar fart can. sure, it's no ferrari, or even a mercedes, but it's my car, and i like driving it around. and my friends, who are mostly girls, can ignore the physical appearance of if and they overall generally approve of what i drive.

You taking car of the car is definitely the most important bit. Because you care about it, it'll show. A clean interior is seriously the best thing anyone can do to "impress" a girl with their car. Most girls won't give a shit about the cold air intake or an upgraded exhaust system, etc, so that kind of stuff should be for you, not for them.

I personally don't let anyone smoke in my car - seriously, I would murder someone if they even tried - and if they eat food, they have to be incredibly careful, and must take any garbage out with them when they exit. If they spill, they clean it up immediately, before we go anywhere else.

In my old car, (1999 Buick Regal V6), while I was driving around with my gf and her friend one time, her friend started lighting up a bowl of weed in the back seat. Granted, we were driving around Rural Back roads, so I wasn't exactly worried about cops or anything, but holy shit, I friggin lost it. I was so fucking mad. How dare someone start smoking inside a decently well kept car without asking permission first. A cigarette would have been bad enough, but the smell of weed clings so much more strongly.