Old LTT Site

IndaLight
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
16 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Did Linus used to host it himself at the office?

Oh found the initial video! It was hosted by themselves for a while before it went over to the data center, best that it did happen as their own server room at the time was the bathroom in old HQ, and had the infamous "Luke the server is on fire!!!!" :D (just lots of unexplained smoke)

I am a multi on this forum. I lost my old account, RIP. This is my first forum back in 2013. Now the forum is so updated and weird for me. Does anyone else remember the old layout? 

Edit: I am sure you all know about this site? https://archive.org/web/  That's where I found this screenshot from, you can find the other LTT Forum version on their too. 
Old layout picture:aabffce87256887ae4ee336a9fbcff1c.png

yeah

it sucked

this looks way better

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i was on the old site a few times but never really made an account until a few months ago, but the old site had an old interface and i love this new interface:x

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

the old interface didn't have as many bugs as the new one does, especially on mobile. the new functionality of the new one is nice though.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

So is this actually LTT v3.0? I wasn't watching Linus back when the forums looked like that.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

13 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

So is this actually LTT v3.0? I wasn't watching Linus back when the forums looked like that.

I believe we are officially at V2.1 IIRC, last update fixed a lot for mobile which was definitely a plus. Haha the forums back then were a bit temperamental at times, I remember it going down quite a bit until it went to a data center. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

I believe we are officially at V2.1 IIRC, last update fixed a lot for mobile which was definitely a plus. Haha the forums back then were a bit temperamental at times, I remember it going down quite a bit until it went to a data center. 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

34 minutes ago, IndaLight said:

I am a multi on this forum. I lost my old account, RIP. This is my first forum back in 2013. Now the forum is so updated and weird for me. Does anyone else remember the old layout? 

Edit: I am sure you all know about this site? https://archive.org/web/  That's where I found this screenshot from, you can find the other LTT Forum version on their too. 
Old layout picture:aabffce87256887ae4ee336a9fbcff1c.png

back when I didn't think making an account was worth it

well.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

23 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Crap, my sig says 2.0...

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

16 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Oh found the initial video! It was hosted by themselves for a while before it went over to the data center, best that it did happen as their own server room at the time was the bathroom in old HQ, and had the infamous "Luke the server is on fire!!!!" :D (just lots of unexplained smoke)

Says I joined within first week. Remember the time when forums went into error checking mode because Linus threw USB stick inside case?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Arguably, it's LTT 4.0 - when the forum launched in Jan 2013, it was running (a highly unstable beta version of) vBulliten for a few months, though unfortunately that doesn't seem to have been archived properly. At some point around May of that year, the admins gave up on the terrible idea that was vBulliten and switched to IP.Board. In early 2014, the site got a new look when the first versions of the Day and Night themes were released. In January 2016, we then updated to this forum software, and in ??? 2016 we will probably get a theme update again.

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

... and in ??? 2016 we will probably get a theme update again.

Is that a promise? Not one of your "sometime this year" kinda deals where its almost same timescale with Valvetime and occurs early next year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Is that a promise? Not one of your "sometime this year" kinda deals where its almost same timescale with Valvetime and occurs early next year.

It's just as much of a promise as the one that we would update to IPS4 in 2014.

HTTP/2 203

10 hours ago, W-L said:

Wait, who has the pink badge? Being the lone person with that special badge must be something :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Wait, who has the pink badge? Being the lone person with that special badge must be something :P 

After Office Builder campaign there are more with custom made badges. Oh, and the pink badge holder is @linusforsell.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 minutes ago, linusforsell said:

Hmm, who knows? 9_9

hello mister :3

what about this layout ? xD

newsite.PNG

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I liked the one before this... I wish we had a theme selection

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Arguably, it's LTT 4.0 - when the forum launched in Jan 2013, it was running (a highly unstable beta version of) vBulliten for a few months, though unfortunately that doesn't seem to have been archived properly. At some point around May of that year, the admins gave up on the terrible idea that was vBulliten and switched to IP.Board. In early 2014, the site got a new look when the first versions of the Day and Night themes were released. In January 2016, we then updated to this forum software, and in ??? 2016 we will probably get a theme update again.

5 because it used to be linuses personal site for a bit?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.