Valve Files Trademark For...

Blingy

Some people say that Valve will use HL3 as a way to hype up the Steam Box. I hope that isn't the case. But I am not sure about this, until an official announcement is made, everything is still in foggy territory for me.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Valve have earlier stated that they have been working on HL3, so not really news.

But, and correct me if I am wrong, didn't GabeN say that they basically were close to done and that they stopped because while it was good, it could never be good enough? 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

But, and correct me if I am wrong, didn't GabeN say that they basically were close to done and that they stopped because while it was good, it could never be good enough? 

That's not what I heard. What I heard was that production was shut down because technologies they wanted to use were not readily available.

That's not what I heard. What I heard was that production was shut down because technologies they wanted to use were not readily available.

Where did you hear this? I thought I heard my "fact" from the speech GabeN gave at some school recently. I'll try to find it.

Valve have earlier stated that they have been working on HL3, so not really news.

One of these. Idk where he said it though. A bit hard to go through that much video and find a statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhgOqyZHBIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8QEOBgLBQU

Cool, that's nice. Now we can move onto HL4 confirmed. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

HL3 is the most advertised game of all time, and Valve has barely spent any money on it. Good job.

How do you know they havent spent any money on it?

pffft, HL3 is never coming out, with all the hype valve knows we won't be happy with anything they put out at this point.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Actually, regarding that, they have to use the trademark on something within 3 years (approximately) or they lose it. It isn't a permanent thing. You either use it or lose it. 

So it is pretty much confirmed imo.

3OMWPyO.gif

COMIC SANS

Actually, regarding that, they have to use the trademark on something within 3 years (approximately) or they lose it. It isn't a permanent thing. You either use it or lose it. 

Never even thought of that...

Picard-YES-meme.jpg

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

"The registration is valid as long as you timely file all post registration maintenance documents. You must file a “Declaration of Use under Section 8” between the fifth and sixth year following registration. In addition, you must file a combined “Declaration of Use and Application for Renewal under Sections 8 and 9” between the ninth and tenth year after registration, and every 10 years thereafter. If these documents are not timely filed, your registration will be cancelled and cannot be revived or reinstated." - http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp#_Toc275426707

I think what you're talking about with:

deals with patents, as those have to be used within fourteen years.

Although, I'm not entirely sure, the only thing I know about the matter is what I linked here.

3OMWPyO.gif

Never even thought of that...

Picard-YES-meme.jpg

The only thing cooler than a black guy dancing at the prospect of being free is Captain PIcard geeking out.

"The registration is valid as long as you timely file all post registration maintenance documents. You must file a “Declaration of Use under Section 8” between the fifth and sixth year following registration. In addition, you must file a combined “Declaration of Use and Application for Renewal under Sections 8 and 9” between the ninth and tenth year after registration, and every 10 years thereafter. If these documents are not timely filed, your registration will be cancelled and cannot be revived or reinstated." - http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp#_Toc275426707

I think what you're talking about with:

deals with patents, as those have to be used within fourteen years.

Although, I'm not entirely sure, the only thing I know about the matter is what I linked here.

That is the US Patent and Trademarks office. This is the EU bro.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-highfives- Good one!

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

-highfives- Good one!

Just noticed it says steaRNpowered.. :ph34r:

Remember Duke Nukem Forever and how well that went? Too much time has elapsed to the point that it'd be pointless to make a game that would not live up to the hype. The trademark was probably registered for the sake of being registered, wouldn't go too excited just yet.

Here you have it:

-link removed / phishing site-

Well damn, I stand corrected. Still have a feeling it will suffer from Duke Nukem syndrome.

double edit: Noticed the "steaRNpowered" as well lol I AM GOING BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ASSESSMENT.

Remember Duke Nukem Forever and how well that went? Too much time has elapsed to the point that it'd be pointless to make a game that would not live up to the hype. The trademark was probably registered for the sake of being registered, wouldn't go too excited just yet.

Well damn, I stand corrected. Still have a feeling it will suffer from Duke Nukem syndrome.

It's not the same thing. Duke Nukem literally went through development hell. It was made by like 12 different studios and festered for a while doing nothing. 

Half Life 3 has and always will be by Valve. Apples to Oranges.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's not the same thing. Duke Nukem literally went through development hell. It was made by like 12 different studios and festered for a while doing nothing. 

Half Life 3 has and always will be by Valve. Apples to Oranges.

Still, even with a single studio an unhealthy long development time, I wouldn't imagine it being good for the final product.

Still, even with a single studio an unhealthy long development time, I wouldn't imagine it being good for the final product.

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't already done. ... They could be just waiting for SteamOS to be perfected to release it. We don't know a lot.

† Christian Member †

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't already done. ... They could be just waiting for SteamOS to be perfected to release it. We don't know a lot.

True.

At any rate, I wouldn't advice anyone to click that link since it leads to a phisher site.

I thought Black Mesa was HL3? :huh:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I thought Black Mesa was HL3? :huh:

Black Mesa is a High Definition remake of Half Life 1.

† Christian Member †