BF4 beta HEAVILY unoptimized?

Hirad123

Did BF3 beta have the same issues?

Not this bad. But it had more bugs and glitches.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Guys try on Windows 8,that fixes stuttering etc on nvidia cards, installed win8 yesterday got performance 2x or 3x, 780 sli, 3930k

My PC Specs is:
i7 3930k @ 4.1ghz, 16gb 2133mhz rams running at around 2000mhz, 256gb ocz agillity3 ssd x2 raid 0 stripe 128kb, EVGA GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SLI, ocz 1250w psu, asus p9x79deluxe motherboard, Cooler H100i
Windows 8 x64 PRO

So I heard a rumor that BF4 Beta ran a lot better on Windows 8. So for the lul's I installed windows 8.

Windows 7 Experience:

Nvidia 760 / 2500k

327 drivers - unplayable

new beta drivers - unplayable

320 drivers playable on low like 70 fps

Windows 8 Experience

Nvidia 760/ 2550k

installed windows, updated windows / drivers it found 327 drivers

downloaded beta, got in game preset to ultra 90 fps average

I'm sort of lost on Windows 8 but finding my way, have been messing with it for the past 3 hours or so. Trying to use the whole metro thing instead of the desktop/start menu all the time. Find myself using the start menu a lot. Anyways Windows 8 performance ftw on bf4 beta

Go to Google enter start menu 8,install, now u have 8 performance 7 interface, good luck

My PC Specs is:
i7 3930k @ 4.1ghz, 16gb 2133mhz rams running at around 2000mhz, 256gb ocz agillity3 ssd x2 raid 0 stripe 128kb, EVGA GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SLI, ocz 1250w psu, asus p9x79deluxe motherboard, Cooler H100i
Windows 8 x64 PRO

Battlefield 4 BETA

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Then why do AMD guys with 7950 which is just a bit better card than mine get better FPS on ultra than me on low? Because they cared for them, not us guys with NVidia...

if it is like this in the real game that just means that since amd is a partner they can use their hardware top it's fullest but Also hope they help the NVidia team

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

PhysX wouldn't do anything anyways, as it is not implemented into the game.

People were saying that it's heavily based on PhysX thats why I through that in. I did get mine working finally.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

7950 on xfire tried 13.10 beta v2 and was getting between 45-70, maybe spike to 80. I found these drivers to be a but more erratic before I downgrade to 13.09 drivers which proved a lot more consistent.

Have also had massive drops in fps usually when near a tank and it blows up. I usually see massive drop in average fps when building has fallen with added particle effects, as I would expect slightly.

Agreed that this may be a beta but as previously mentioned the game is a month away so someone needs to pull their finger out.

7950 on xfire tried 13.10 beta v2 and was getting between 45-70, maybe spike to 80. I found these drivers to be a but more erratic before I downgrade to 13.09 drivers which proved a lot more consistent.

Have also had massive drops in fps usually when near a tank and it blows up. I usually see massive drop in average fps when building has fallen with added particle effects, as I would expect slightly.

Agreed that this may be a beta but as previously mentioned the game is a month away so someone needs to pull their finger out.

AFAIK the beta version of the game is much older than ver. they are working on right now. So what we see now is like 2-3 months from release.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

i wonder if that dx 11.1 update for w7 would make a difference (i still haven't installed that yet) 

Only changes that seem to help are setting bf4 to low priority (reduces the stutter quite abit) and the resolution scale (if set to 80-95 %) it played smoother and had higher gpu usage for me (even though setting the resolution lower doesn't change anything)

So I heard a rumor that BF4 Beta ran a lot better on Windows 8. So for the lul's I installed windows 8. 

Windows 7 Experience:

Nvidia 760 / 2500k

327 drivers - unplayable

new beta drivers - unplayable

320 drivers playable on low like 70 fps

Windows 8 Experience

Nvidia 760/ 2550k

installed windows, updated windows / drivers it found 327 drivers

downloaded beta, got in game preset to ultra 90 fps average

I'm sort of lost on Windows 8 but finding my way, have been messing with it for the past 3 hours or so. Trying to use the whole metro thing instead of the desktop/start menu all the time. Find myself using the start menu a lot. Anyways Windows 8 performance ftw on bf4 beta

google startisback it's only 3 dollars for 2 keys and it works as a background process so it's very efficient and it works seamlessly like it's windows 7 (:

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

AFAIK the beta version of the game is much older than ver. they are working on right now. So what we see now is like 2-3 months from release.

Why would you put out a version of the game 2-3 months old? Wouldn't you want to show the most recent progression of what you are offering? You want people to buy your game you'd want to ensure you are showing off the best experience even if it is just beta.

Why would you put out a version of the game 2-3 months old? Wouldn't you want to show the most recent progression of what you are offering? You want people to buy your game you'd want to ensure you are showing off the best experience even if it is just beta.

But then it's impossible to improve it in just 26 days.. the "Beta" (more like Alpha) is just marketing to show the customer that they are giving their best and are able to go from such bullshit to a fully fledged game in just 26 days ;) although they obviously didn't do that..

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Or just tap the Windows key, enter the name of the desired program you want to run and press enter. A lot faster compared to W7.

Anyway, if you're slightly technologically advanced, try disabling two cores (or three if you're on six-core, four if you're on eight-core). Run the game, and of course now it'll run like shit, but you're not going to run it now, anyway. Now you go back to BIOS, enable those cores you disabled and try running the game again. Can't guarantee it'll work, but it'll only take you a few minutes of your time. For science.

magnets_c.jpg

Fucking CPU cores, how do they work.

Well you should leave your hands off the EightCore since for BF4 it's the same procedure as HyperThreading and utilizes the full performance of the engine. It runs somewhere near 10-20FPS faster than on a QuadCore (AMD(!), Intel performs better due HT).

SixCore is the only issue since it somehow loses all the data thats send to it. Don't know the exact issue but it seems like the calls that are send to core 5 and 6 are lost and so it get's thrown back to redoing those calls until they are calculated on core 1-4 which slows it all down. So shutting down core 5 and 6 will make the engine scale on just a QuadCore for which it was designed so all the calls will be calculated. 

Another guess of mine would be that BF4 is just designed for 4 cores so all the needed calculations are split among exactly 4 cores. Regarding Intel it's using HyperThreading either way so you could say it runs 2 of these destinated calculations on 1 core. Same goes for AMDs EightCore since it can use 2 cores for 1 calc or rather just do another calc on the 2nd one like Intel.

So SixCore is only 1.5x a QuadCore so the 5th and 6th core can't be used as parallel cores for core 1-4. So there is no working split of calls and it bottlenecks itself.

Dunno if that's all correct but it's somewhere near it.

What's for sure is that disabling core 5 and 6 in the BIOS (only if you are using a SixCore!) will improve your performance regarding BF4.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Well you should leave your hands off the EightCore since for BF4 it's the same procedure as HyperThreading and utilizes the full performance of the engine. It runs somewhere near 10-20FPS faster than on a QuadCore (AMD(!), Intel performs better due HT).

SixCore is the only issue since it somehow loses all the data thats send to it. Don't know the exact issue but it seems like the calls that are send to core 5 and 6 are lost and so it get's thrown back to redoing those calls until they are calculated on core 1-4 which slows it all down. So shutting down core 5 and 6 will make the engine scale on just a QuadCore for which it was designed so all the calls will be calculated. 

Another guess of mine would be that BF4 is just designed for 4 cores so all the needed calculations are split among exactly 4 cores. Regarding Intel it's using HyperThreading either way so you could say it runs 2 of these destinated calculations on 1 core. Same goes for AMDs EightCore since it can use 2 cores for 1 calc or rather just do another calc on the 2nd one like Intel.

So SixCore is only 1.5x a QuadCore so the 5th and 6th core can't be used as parallel cores for core 1-4. So there is no working split of calls and it bottlenecks itself.

Dunno if that's all correct but it's somewhere near it.

What's for sure is that disabling core 5 and 6 in the BIOS (only if you are using a SixCore!) will improve your performance regarding BF4.

Yes. It is probably a case my case scenario because my system which is 6 core has no issues since the 1st of October.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

The reasoning behind this is that they needed a lot of test time to see if the game is (atleast somewhat) playable before it goes live.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

:ph34r: Maybe they want to let the R9 series look good by crappy support for everything else :ph34r:  

edit: or they just pulled of another 'EA' :wub:

we got EA'ed

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I'm getting pretty good performance. Ultra settings no AA 40-60 fps all the time. My CPU is 80%+ usage at all times though. Much harder on the CPU this time around.

Lot's of AA options also. Can really take away all the jagged lines if you want.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Smooth as glass for me with very occasional stutters on 3570k (stock) and GTX 560. 16GB RAM and SSD.

are you playing on low at 480p

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Smooth as glass for me with very occasional stutters on 3570k (stock) and GTX 560. 16GB RAM and SSD.

glass is pretty jagged when broken...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I've seen only roughly 30-40% usage on GPU...but it's a beta, gonna have those problems.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

are you playing on low at 480p

1920x1200, HIGH.

Managed to get smooth play on ULTRA at the same resolution but for some reason it doesn't stay that way each time I launch.

You don't have to play at your full screen resolution, you can use one step down and increase the other settings.

glass is pretty jagged when broken...

And it's called BETA for a reason.

Stick to consoles if that's too hard for you to figure out.

Stick to consoles if that's too hard for you to figure out.

That response isn't always called for. People are allowed to point out problems if they see fit.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That response isn't always called for. People are allowed to point out problems if they see fit.

There's a difference between pointing out bugs in a Alpha/Beta and whining something is broken like it's the final game.

There's a place to report issues with the Beta via the forums on Battlelog.

If you find something that hasn't been reported, go do it.

>complaining about frames for a game in BETA