BF4 beta HEAVILY unoptimized?

Hirad123

660TI DCUII using auto settings,= 20FPS

changed all settings to low. Everything low and got 60FPS with stuttering and fps drops.

Updated java and got new 331.40 drivers and could play everything medium at 60 FPS with no stuttering but still FPS drops to like 20 every minute or so. Changed all settings to high, around 55-60 FPS but still that crappy FPS drop.

I was talking to some people on a server and one guy had a 560TI running everything high butter smooth 60FPS, other guy said chill it's the beta. Then another dude said bad optimization.

I checked my CPU usage( rocking a 4670k no OC ATM) turned out to be 70-85%.

Unbelievable how it's a random half half problem to us gamers.

Still very jelly at that guy with a 560TI running everything smooth at 60fps

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

IT'S BETA ofc it will be poorly optimised

Then why do AMD guys with 7950 which is just a bit better card than mine get better FPS on ultra than me on low? Because they cared for them, not us guys with NVidia...

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

^ Memory Bandwidth maybe...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have an FX 6300 and I get 5 fps no matter what settings ultra or low. CPU usage is pretty much 100%. Hope they fix it soon so I can play :)

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

Then why do AMD guys with 7950 which is just a bit better card than mine get better FPS on ultra than me on low? Because they cared for them, not us guys with NVidia...

My rig 3960X @ 4.250GHz and dual GTX 580 have no problem running the game on ultra. Not to mention I have an internet of 200 Mbps down and 100 Mbps up.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Running a 3570k @ 4.6 and GTX Titan and getting 50-65 on Ultra with beta drivers, I also have micro stutter. Although disappointing I'm sure things will be ironed out soon guys.

Dude, chill. out. I have a 7950 and get 5-21 fps, more towards 5. You need to stop with the conspiracy BS. It's a beta

Well first of all the 7950 is a better card that overclocks like a beast, but it is a AMD gaming evolved title so that adds a bit to the performance.

And i think AMD have better BF4 drivers

My rig 3960X @ 4.250GHz and dual GTX 580 have no problem running the game on ultra. Not to mention I have an internet of 200 Mbps down and 100 Mbps up.

Ofc not, your GPUs are way more powerful than a 7950.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Ofc not, your GPUs are way more powerful than a 7950.

Hmm i always thought my GPUs were outdated since the 780s came out... I guess I could use them some more.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

its working great for me: 3770 & gtx 660 oem 1.5gb everything set to high or ultra

To people with Nvidia, read this: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1ni1vw/nvidia_owner_and_got_low_fps_solution_here/

It was posted earlier in the thread and may seriously help some of you. The generally thought is to try Nvidia's 320.49 drivers, it may or may not help you, some people report no FPS change while others report a pretty decent boost in FPS. Also for 500 series, this was down the thread some.

GTX 500 SERIES USERS

Revert back to driver 301.42 IF you are experiencing fps issues.

The newest driver gave me 30-40fps, 320.49 gave me 25-35fps, and 301.42 I'm at 65-75fps.

You will get an out-of-date driver error when you go to run BF4 but "OK"ing out of it is fine

Like I said, it may or may not help but it's worth trying.

| AMD FX-8350 @4.6 || Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3(Stay away from this MOBO) || AMD Radeon HD 7950 @1100/1400 || G.SKILL Aries 16GB @1600 |

| ADATA XPG SX900 128GB SSD(OS) || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Sound Card|| XSPC Raystorm EX240 D5 WC Kit |

|CORSAIR HX750 750W || Modded NZXT Phantom |

That AMD thing is just marketing bullshit, they paid EA/DICE 8 Million dollars.

Even DICE is on record stating it doesn't matter, it's just a deal they have for promotion.

As for performance, everyone is getting different things.

PC's are not static one fits all hardware,  performance is across the board

for both Nvidia and AMD cards.

I found a way to fix it! I went into the AMD Catalyst Control Center and disabled Crossfire for BF4, and no more lag! I get ~50fps constantly with only the occasional stutter because of the CPU. I'm so happy right now. :D

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

To people with Nvidia, read this: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1ni1vw/nvidia_owner_and_got_low_fps_solution_here/

It was posted earlier in the thread and may seriously help some of you. The generally thought is to try Nvidia's 320.49 drivers, it may or may not help you, some people report no FPS change while others report a pretty decent boost in FPS. Also for 500 series, this was down the thread some.

Like I said, it may or may not help but it's worth trying.

Thanks for this, it helped me out some, I'm still only playing on low with like 70 or so FPS but it is now playable. 

I found a way to fix it! I went into the AMD Catalyst Control Center and disabled Crossfire for BF4, and no more lag! I get ~50fps constantly with only the occasional stutter because of the CPU. I'm so happy right now. :D

That's great... if I had 2 cards. Every fix I've seen doesn't apply to me. I get excited and then sad that I still can't play the beta lol

I have a 2500k@4.7Ghz and 7970 Ghz everything on ultra with x2aa and I am getting around 55-60fps

I have the same thing!

Weighing in on framerates. 30-35 FPS on ultra no AA 5760x1080 with pretty consistent and lengthy drops to 15-20 FPS.

GTX titan, 3770 @4.1

Compared to 60 FPS constant with AA on on BF3, i don't think it looks THAT much better >_>

Oh 1 thing. IT'S THE BETA!

There is 2 fixes for this:

#1: Update your GPU drivers (Do a fresh install/custom install where you press "clean install")

#2: Go to video settings and change your "Resolution scale" from 100 to <100. I changed mine to 80 and my fps drops is gone, and my fps is actually better than BF3.

Oh and before you forget, it's a beta. there is a reason why they have this thing called "a beta" so they can fix issues like this.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Oh 1 thing. IT'S THE BETA!

There is 2 fixes for this:

#1: Update your GPU drivers (Do a fresh install/custom install where you press "clean install")

#2: Go to video settings and change your "Resolution scale" from 100 to <100. I changed mine to 80 and my fps drops is gone, and my fps is actually better than BF3.

Oh and before you forget, it's a beta. there is a reason why they have this thing called "a beta" so they can fix issues like this.

I agree, but they are mostly not gonna do anything, BETA has become more of a marketing strategy rather then improving the quality of the game.

DICE never fixed any issues in the BF3 beta so don't expect anything from this too.

Yeezus was the best album of all time

I agree, but they are mostly not gonna do anything, BETA has become more of a marketing strategy rather then improving the quality of the game.

DICE never fixed any issues in the BF3 beta so don't expect anything from this too.

But to be fair battlefield 3 was NOT anywhere close too as bad as BF4 is atm. They will have to fix it if it's true, as you said it's for "marketing" and there will be a lot of videos out there about this game also showing it too people.

Also, BF4 is awesome when it actually works. I couldn't even kill people the first 15 bullets of my 30 bullet mag. None registered until you've sprayed 15 bullets. (This is now fixed) :D

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Anyone having issues with BF4 not utilizing crossfire? Im only seeing one graphics card bring used.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I know this is german but bear with it and take a look at the diagrams: BF4 CPU Benchmark

According to the text the engine of BF4 doesnt scale correctly on a SixCore CPU most likely the FX-6xx0 series.

So Quad- and EightCores are supposed to run fine at the average FPS of >40.

To fix this with the SixCore CPUs you would need to go into the BIOS and disable the CoreModul so it runs as a QuadCore which will give you the "normal" performance according to their testing.

In addition the Beta drivers of Nvidia (don't know about AMD) will give you another boost since rendering and especially SLI will get boosted (new SLI-profile).

Personally I don't really like BF4 at all.

This is more Alpha than Beta but oh well it's EA so marketing is more important than functionality.

The funny thing is that the AMD SixCore (FX-6xx0) is listed as the recommended AMD CPU for this game by DICE and EA themselves..

If there are any other questions about the german text I posted feel free to ask, I'll do my best to translate and explain ;)

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

So I heard a rumor that BF4 Beta ran a lot better on Windows 8. So for the lul's I installed windows 8. 

Windows 7 Experience:

Nvidia 760 / 2500k

327 drivers - unplayable

new beta drivers - unplayable

320 drivers playable on low like 70 fps

Windows 8 Experience

Nvidia 760/ 2550k

installed windows, updated windows / drivers it found 327 drivers

downloaded beta, got in game preset to ultra 90 fps average

I'm sort of lost on Windows 8 but finding my way, have been messing with it for the past 3 hours or so. Trying to use the whole metro thing instead of the desktop/start menu all the time. Find myself using the start menu a lot. Anyways Windows 8 performance ftw on bf4 beta