Anybody here on LTT into JDM Cars?

terrytek

That is an RB, but i'm fairly sure that they only came out with SR20DE and SR20DET's. it might be a conversion?

ah yes silvia's came with SR20's .I responded to your answer in that post not to OP :)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Nissan Silvia S15 with an RB26DETT swap...ohyes.

So... how does everyone feel about that 2JZ-swapped R34 that Speedhunters featured? xD

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/skyline-meets-supra-a-2jz-powered-r34/

Speaking of the 2J, I saw a 2JZ swapped AE86 at Importfest this summer... looked maaaaaad.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Skyline: cool

Sony: cool

Kawasaki: cool

and then Japan has built one of the worlds largest ships.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Yeah, I think the 2JZ is a lot of turbocharging potential.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I appreaciate all kinds of cars. JDM, Muscle and Euro. And i do tend to lean more towards euro. (i've got 2 190E benzes)

The older JDM cars are mostly the ones i pay attention to. C10 and C110 Skylines/ Datsun 240/260z, 2000GT

The R31-R32 skylines are nice too. Preferably with R33 internals. The datsun 510 is a cool car aswell

But please don't start anymore discussions if you can't respect other people's opinions. the EURO SUCKS!!! comment was completely pointless. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT I am currently rebuilding and painting. Just dropped the motor in a few weekends ago.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful." -  Konstantin Josef Jireček

So... how does everyone feel about that 2JZ-swapped R34 that Speedhunters featured? xD

Speaking of the 2J, I saw a 2JZ swapped AE86 at Importfest this summer... looked maaaaaad.

i read the whole story and i think its good since scandinavians know how to build their 2jz that and he bought the car without an engine.I bet its a one hell of a track car

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I appreaciate all kinds of cars. JDM, Muscle and Euro. And i do tend to lean more towards euro. (i've got 2 190E benzes)

The older JDM cars are mostly the ones i pay attention to. C10 and C110 Skylines/ Datsun 240/260z, 2000GT

The R31-R32 skylines are nice too. Preferably with R33 internals. The datsun 510 is a cool car aswell

But please don't start anymore discussions if you can't respect other people's opinions. the EURO SUCKS!!! comment was completely pointless. 

Same here, I like Japanese sports cars sure, but I also have a soft spot for old school American muscle as well as some of the Mercs of the past. BMW is also classy, so is VW - I like the GTI.

Since he bought the car without the engine i won't complain^^ if he had thrown out the RB before shoving the 2JZ in there i would've gone "WHAT!?"

Around 620bhp is pretty tame for a featured 2JZ^^.

Im more interested in the 2J Hachi! *Googles furiously*

edit: Found it.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

InB4 @FireFox comes in :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I like JDM cars a lot, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Although I would like to have a Subaru WRX STI sedan or a Lancer Evo X :)

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Same here, I like Japanese sports cars sure, but I also have a soft spot for old school American muscle as well as some of the Mercs of the past. BMW is also classy, so is VW - I like the GTI.

Having driven the nissan pulsar GTI-R (n14) for a while i can see the appeal of JDM cars (Light, quick, revvy, peppy)

And i drool over old Yenko camaros and road runners too (the corvair looks like a fun project)^^

But i've noticed that nothing rides like a 90s german car. Comfy witout sacrificing handling. and i've grown to love the no compromise attitude with german cars :)

The old gti's are just smile machines. MK2's are insanely fun to drive. But i feel they've gone the way of elvis... they just feel fat nowadays (the new one is nice though)

Proper JDM cars imported from japan have something i like though. Right hand drive! I feel more at home on the right side of the car.

Steering with my right hand and shifting with my left feels more natural :)

I like JDM cars a lot, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Although I would like to have a Subaru WRX STI sedan or a Lancer Evo X :)

Imprezas and evos are gateway drugs^^ Some guys i know where hardcore rwd guys until they drove one.

nope, it is German i'll give you that

i give up :|

so, what is it ? :P

2500k,4.3GHZ · Hyper.212.+ · P67A-UD3-B3 · 2x4GB.1600Mhz · GTX 760 AMP!.2GB · M4.128GB · WDCBlue.1TB · WDCGreen.3TB · WDCGreen.1.5TB · XFX.XXX.650W · HAF.912.Advance
ND7000 · 17-50 f/2.8 · 50 f/1.8

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT I am currently rebuilding and painting. Just dropped the motor in a few weekends ago.

My cousin had a VR-4 3000GT with 850HP

He totaled it going 100+

Survived it though :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I love my r31 with the rb30e. Thinking of doing a hybrid rb25 with the 30 head det. Mates changing his rb25 from his 32 to a rb20 stroked. I build him a pc he gives me the engine and helps me put it in. I'm qualified computer technician he's a qualified mechanic. Perfect housemates

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Never owned a japanese car and my opinion isn't exactly flattering, though it is heavily colored by the large amount of dbags in clapped out honda's trying blow by me on the highway and generally acting like a**holes on the road. Off topic but related, I've had 3 cars. My first and my baby was a 1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 7-Up Special edition, she was a gift from my grandmother for graduating, I had her for 5 1/2 years until a dumb girl OD'd on stupid pills one morning and ran a redlight. Her insurance company wouldn't fix her and I couldn't do anything about it so they took her from me. She was beautiful and I loved her to death, she was in great condition when I got her but I worked my a** off to make her shine.

MjZqInN.jpg

gpJYLky.jpg

tszCsSv.jpg

nm0sh8f.jpg

1EDto8N.jpg

Then this happened

AcnzGBw.jpg

The insurance company exercised their "right" to total a car out when the estimated repair cost was 80% of the value of the vehicle but it's bullsh*t. I had her appraised and the value was 12k, repairs were estimated at $5500. They stole her from me plain and simple, the day that two truck came was one of the hardest days I've ever had.

Now I've got this

QigWpzp.jpg

Needless to say I'm not happy, it doesn't matter what it is, it isn't my baby and nothing can ever replace her. It's a good little truck and the extra space is nice but it's just not the same walking outside and not seeing my girl.

I've had one other car, which to be honest was a apocalyptically bad decision at best, It was a 1962 Ford Falcon coupe

wR06elS.jpg

dKtXl7z.jpg

bbSSB3Q.jpg

NiwUfqR.jpg

It had a 302 out of an '86 mustang, when I got it it was weak and worn out so I yanked it out and rebuilt it with forged pistons, trick flow aluminum heads, a Ford B-cam, a wieand high rise intake, a edelbrock 550, and finished it off with some long tube headers with 2 3/4 pipe to some super 10's that cut off at the back axle. The trans was a C4 with a shift kit and a Hurst Promatic 2, and the rear end was a 9-inch with a 3.90 gear. I had air bags in the back, no ac, no seatbelt, no wipers and no radio. It was a wild ride to say the least, it tried to kill me often but it was fun as hell...until I blew the engine then I sold it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i give up :|

so, what is it ? :P

a Mercedes 300 sel

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My cousin had a VR-4 3000GT with 850HP

He totaled it going 100+

Survived it though :)

WTF??? 850 HP?????? 

sucks its now totaled.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I really like R34's, GTR's in general, Toyota Supra (modded of course) and the LFA.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I really like R34's, GTR's in general, Toyota Supra (modded of course) and the LFA.

Yeah!! THE SUPERCARS!!! but i'm more vtec than anything else.

Then this happened

AcnzGBw.jpg

ouch that sucks bro. Really feel sorry for your loss of that beauty.

I think it's funny when someone bothers to tune a Civic properly instead of making it a Fast and the Furious reject. The reaction of someone in a Mustang getting owned by a car that is more or less laughed at for being a ricer car. The Mustang GT might have been the car learned to drive in, but it's still funny. :P