CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

1 minute ago, GidonsClaw said:

Easily fixed...

igorr-tequila-lime-and-salt.jpg

You will need that alcohol to deal with the fact that a $200 will wreck your $500 one.  xD

okay stop/

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You will need that alcohol to deal with the fact that a $200 will wreck your $500 one.  xD

okay stop/

Cause it makes the joke so much funnier on AMD fans... as I've paid my price a couple of years ago... where was the $200 card then? ;)

Mkay.... I'll stop now :P

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

4 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

The devs have to put in async and it is a pain. Unless AMD is paying them probably not going to happen

GPUOpen is the answer to that, as well as devs are starting to use it in console games now as well, which means we should see a trickle back to PC.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

5 hours ago, WereCat said:

There is supposed to be Vega 10 and Vega 11.

Vega 11 will most likely be RX 490 which will compete with GTX 1070/1080 and it will NOT have HBM memory (most likely).

Vega 10 will come much later and it will be Fury replacement and it should compete with GTX 1080ti and it should have HBM memory (because their slides says that VEGA will have HBM).

HBM2*

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

Funny how Nvidia's blamed for high prices, but we want their products and there's no alternative...

It's because AMD fails to compete at the level we want that Nvidia can dictate the prices. Competition at the high end will bring prices down. Nvidia is doing what any company without any competition and high demand will do... allow the prices to climb. Economics 101...

It's not Nvidia being bad... they are following the law of competition... AMD's the one that's lost the fight.

For all we know, AMD and Nvidia planned together that they would release products for entirely separate demographics, and not challenge each other's profits in each other's release-markets for some months.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Hm, it is so weird how Nvidia and AMD have opposite strategy of what level of GPUs they are releasing. Now your only choice for high end is Nvidia, and you only choice for a budget is AMD. I can't wait until both companies fill out their whole lineup. But back to the topic I am a little skeptical that it will perform that well, but I am very hopeful.I have a friend who is interested in PC gaming now that there are very capable sub $200 cards.

And here I am. Waiting for actual hardware to get released.

13 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

And here I am. Waiting for actual hardware to get released.

We are entitled to know everything...NAO!

5 hours ago, WereCat said:

When I remember how much GPUs costed when I was building my PC...

7970 €520

GTX 680 €500

GTX 770 €380 (got this one)

Now GTX 970 €300

R9 390 €330

RX 480 €230

RX 470 €180

GPUs are getting more and more powerful and cheaper too.

I hope that I will be able to sell my 770 for at least €100.

wrong, the price has gone UP not down.

Why are they referring to the 270X as a 180W card? It tops out at 135W on overclocked models...

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

4 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

No, they should actually compete at a level footing rather than just pander to the general masses like the console clans... Fury and Fury X were real competitors for the 980/980Ti/TitanX... (although the 4GB memory put my off)

Only the Fury was decent, the Fury X failed to meet the expectations and couldn't compete with the 980Ti in most games from the start, basically making it look bad in every review. It was a poor decision that I hope AMD doesn't make again, they shouldn't try to compete with the top and rebrand everything in the bottom; that didn't work with Hawaii and Fiji and won't work with Vega. 

We need 1070/1080 competition sooner than later...

I've grown sick and tired of AMD just making do... until they actually compete again... I will never support their products.

You don't "support" companies and you shouldn't, you buy the most sensible product at its price point. And since polaris exists in the largest segment of the market that hopefully would be the most sensible product for many since Nvidia has nothing there so far, also I don't expect the 1060ti/1060/1050 to pop right away.

Also, did you expect AMD to do the impossible and cover all price categories in one go? Or did you want them to just release high end products and fail like last time because they rushed that product or rebranded basically everything? 

This is the wisest choice in the current circumstances, cover the larger market and the market not covered by Nvidia and compete indirectly with the higher end products with value per currency.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

14 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

wrong, the price has gone UP not down.

I just showed you numbers...

5 minutes ago, Agost said:

Why are they referring to the 270X as a 180W card? It tops out at 135W on overclocked models...

It had a 180W TDP, from where did you get the 135W number?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7503/the-amd-radeon-r9-270x-270-review-feat-asus-his

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

I just showed you numbers...

You were comparing different tiers of GPUs. While the perf/$ is obviously growing, the average price is raising, especially on higher segments; we're kinda coming close to the GeForce 8xxx era, where the 8800 in its various forms costed up to 1000$ AFAIK

Remember, the 1080 is a 980 replacement and it costs 200$ more.

14 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

It had a 180W TDP, from where did you get the 135W number?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7503/the-amd-radeon-r9-270x-270-review-feat-asus-his

Actual power consumption from reviews, like the TechPowerUp ones.

You can't dissipate 180W of heat while consuming 130W of power... the 270X reaches that value only under heavy, unrealistic tests like FurMark

6 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

The devs have to put in async and it is a pain. Unless AMD is paying them probably not going to happen

Not really. 2/3 of DX12 games currently have or will have A-sync support. It's quite potent as it allows the game to perform better with less powerful hardware

6 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I have a feeling that people with older GPUs are suddenly going to see games completely unplayable when they spent $500 4 years ago while a $150 GPU will play 1440p reasonably... kinda weird to think that this generation of GPUs has just skyrocketed in capability but I think it's going to encourage companies to make "Crysis syndrome" games that are horribly un-optimized. Just a guess though.

Yep - cause AMD are going balls to the wall aggressive with pricing

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

26 minutes ago, Agost said:

You were comparing different tiers of GPUs. While the perf/$ is obviously growing, the average price is raising, especially on higher segments; we're kinda coming close to the GeForce 8xxx era, where the 8800 in its various forms costed up to 1000$ AFAIK

Remember, the 1080 is a 980 replacement and it costs 200$ more.

I know I was comparing different tiers. Point is that lower tier from new generation is usually a lot cheaper and performs better than the higher tier from previous generation.

And this time around it so far looks like the jump is very significant.

...this is just getting out of hand.

Yes nvidia dominates the >300 dollar market but this, i have no words for it.

I always thought the rx 480 was the only card that really mattered and the other rx cards were just meh, filling up little gaps.

But if is this true, and the rx 470 gets a 150 bucks msrp, it's a big deal, even tho it's small and cheap :P 

Let's hope amd can keep this up and give us similar results to this when the card is released.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

...this is just getting out of hand.

Yes nvidia dominates the >300 dollar market but this, i have no words for it.

I always thought the rx 480 was the only card that really mattered and the other rx cards were just meh, filling up little gaps.

But if is this true, and the rx 470 gets a 150 bucks msrp, it's a big deal, even tho it's small and cheap :P 

Let's hope amd can keep this up and give us similar results to this when the card is released.

>400$* - the 1070 starts at 400$ and the 1080 at 620$.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

7 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

Still no competition at the top... o well...

Next year when hbm2 carda come out I expect some competition. But by then 1080ti and Titan will be put so top end will be different compared to now. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

>400$* - the 1070 starts at 400$ and the 1080 at 620$.

300 bucks, 400 bucks, it's too expensive for me either way :D

Let amd bring on the stuff i can afford! I'm waiting.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon