Call Of Duty: Infinte Warfare Pre Orders Very Low

Only getting it for COD4 anyways. Cod went to shit when black ops 2 came out, thats when they started going futuristic and brought in the super bs micro-transactions with camo's, classes etc. 

Could we finally be seeing the long anticipated, and well deserved, death of this whore of a franchise?

One can only hope. Maybe if they stop making CoD then maybe, JUST MAYBE, we might start getting decent battlefield games again. (BAD COMPAY 3 needs to be a thing damnit)

Battlefield hasn't been right since they started "competing" with CoD and trying to steal CoD players. Which is weird because that can only ruin a game (having CoD players, that is)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Given a choice between the new CoD game and Battlefield One I'd say they never really had a chance anyway.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

i wonder if Overwatch and Battleborn had some effect to this? Frankly i'm the kind of player who tends to takes 1 title per genre, now that i have Overwatch (before it i had MW3) i really don't see the point in CoD and BF and their microtransactions and DLCs

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I think people hate on COD for the wrong reasons, and suck Battlefield 1's dick way too much. COD is not bad because it has a futuristic setting. Unreal Tournament has a futuristic setting and right now that game is brilliant. BF is not good because it will take place in WW1. We don't know how good/bad BF1 will be (considering how terrible Hardline and Battlefront were I don't have high hopes). COD is bad because of the game mechanics which caters to bad players. Can't remember who said it, but a game developer once compared it to a slot machine which just said "you got a kill" every once in a while. From the little COD I have played since COD 4, that statement seems pretty accurate to me. When I die in COD I very rarely feel like it was my own fault and I learned from the experience. It feels more like frustration because my death was because of bad luck or some other factor that's out of my control.

The truth is that the majority of the COD fanbase are young children who are terrible at games. Because of CODs bad mechanics (loadouts, kill streak bonuses, pretty much instagib, regenerating health, slow and clunky movements, flinch, unlockable items, the list goes on) even a bad player can take down good players at a fairly frequent rate. It makes me think about this video from PC Gamer. It shows Fatal1ty playing against the PC Gamer staff. It's 5 vs 1 in Quake 4, and PC Gamer is getting rekt. Make a 5 vs 1 match in COD and it doesn't matter which players are in which team, the team of 5 will dominate. No matter how good you become at COD, a bad player will never be that far behind you in terms of skills.

The poor sales numbers of COD is a great opportunity for games to reduce the skill compression again. As COD players start experiencing other games they might become better and less reliant on all the skill compression mechanics in COD. Sadly I don't think that is going to happen. What's more likely is that another game comes along with a really flat learning curve and small skill gap which the hoards of bad players will flock to instead. Chances are that game will be BF1 but I hope it won't be. I think it would be best for the entire industry if games could become more complex without having to risk hearing "this game isn't like COD so it's bad".

8 hours ago, CameronP90 said:

Well this is what happens when devs don't listen to their fanbase/playerbase. This is the result, I'm also willing to bet that whoever preorders is on for COD4(2) and not the actual IW nonsense.

Actually, market research shows that the COD developers have been listening to their fanbase/playerbase. According to other developers, in their focus groups they just keep hearing "this game is bad because it's not like COD". What I think is happening here is that the vast majority would actually like the new COD because it will essentially be the same game Activision has released for the last couple of years now, but the more hardcore "cool kids" club has started to become more vocal about being displeased with the game's terrible game mechanics and skill compression. So now all the casuals who would actually like the game keeps hearing about how bad the game is and then just jumps onto the bandwagon (because they are mostly kids who can't think for themselves).

I have a feeling TB was a significant contribution to this.

31 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Unreal Tournament has a futuristic setting and the game has always been brilliant.

Now it sounds about right. 

I do agree on some things but what got my attention is about kids who are terrible at games. 

Seems to me like games are starting to be less and less complicated in SOME things exactly because of that. Now I'm not saying that the game is bad nor good, haven't tried it, but one thing that bugged me about Overwatch is the infinite ammo. To me it seems like that was done so people (read: kids) don't get frustrated because of that. Some will say that the game is still easy to learn and hard to master like every other Blizz game which I won't argue against, I've seen people doing some ridiculous UT stuff, but it's those small things that to me personally make a difference, and it seems games are doing just that. 

And regarding COD, I think everything after COD 2 won't let the player show how good he really is.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

What's the number on the left and number on the right please ???

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

yes boycott it because they dont do what the other guys do-_-

3 hours ago, Quiet_ said:

I have a feeling TB was a significant contribution to this.

I hope so! :)  I'd like to think his message of not pre-ordering is actually reaching people

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

While this is amusing, the accuracy is, at best, dubious. VGChartz can't even track sales remotely accurately, there is zero chance or them being accurate with this. While I'm sure pre-orders are down, we'll see how low closer to release. Pre-orders could also take a big uptick post E3 or whenever Acti and Sony start heavily advertising it.

Lots of elements at play here.

Franchise fatigue, it's a thing. Call of Duty as a franchise is still a behemoth, but it peaked a while ago and is in decline. Not only are the total sales numbers generally in decline (there's an up-and-down trend, depending on the quality of the title itself), but this is while total gamers actually increase annually. But bear in mind Call of Duty sales numbers still happen on the order of tens of millions of units. Now just because it's popular, doesn't mean it's good, but it is significant. It completely outsells the combined sales of many of my beloved game franchises, yearly. But no franchise can be milked forever and maintain profits. It is basically impossible. Humans get bored and move on to other things, hell they even grow up.

EA has a well-timed and well-executed marketing plan. None of us know if COD:IW or BF1 will be good games or not. They aren't out. But EA is winning the marketing war, and when it comes to swaying the opinions and discussions of millions of gamers, marketing matters a lot. I'm personally kinda swept up by it too, I find BF1 pretty exciting, though I don't trust EA to make a great WW1 game really. They can market all they want, they need to launch a good game.

Maybe, just maybe some of the gaming community anti pre-order rhetoric and general pre-order fatigue is hitting some of the larger population. I don't think this is a significant factor, tbh, but I also don't have the data to conclude one way or the other.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

12 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Battlefield 1 hype train!!! 

Let's agree to disagree

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

they can make their terrible game idc but what i hate is that if you want the remaster COD you have to get it in a bundle with infinite warfare. im pretty sure thats anti competitive behavior as isnt there a law where you can't bundle something that a customer wants with something that they dont want

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

they can make their terrible game idc but what i hate is that if you want the remaster COD you have to get it in a bundle with infinite warfare. im pretty sure thats anti competitive behavior as isnt there a law where you can't bundle something that a customer wants with something that they dont want

I don't think so or every cable TV provider would have been shut down long ago xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't think so or every cable TV provider would have been shut down long ago xD 

yes they should be shut down also and that is not the only illegal thing they are doing

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

yes they should be shut down also and that is not the only illegal thing they are doing

And what about Microsoft?  Windows 10 bundles DX12 and other new features (desirable) with telemetry and other things most people seem to be up in arms about :P

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And what about Microsoft?  Windows 10 bundles DX12 and other new features (desirable) with telemetry and other things most people seem to be up in arms about :P

that is not a separate service its part of windows and microsoft doesnt charge extra

http://www.bowman.co.za/eZines/Custom/AnnualCompetitionLaw/Newsflash/Consumer-Right.html

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Actually, market research shows that the COD developers have been listening to their fanbase/playerbase. According to other developers, in their focus groups they just keep hearing "this game is bad because it's not like COD". What I think is happening here is that the vast majority would actually like the new COD because it will essentially be the same game Activision has released for the last couple of years now, but the more hardcore "cool kids" club has started to become more vocal about being displeased with the game's terrible game mechanics and skill compression. So now all the casuals who would actually like the game keeps hearing about how bad the game is and then just jumps onto the bandwagon (because they are mostly kids who can't think for themselves).

Do you have any links to the research? I would be interested in this. But then at the same time, I feel like it's BS without providing any evidence or any citations of where you got this info from. Can you please provide them? Much appreciated :)

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

13 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

that is not a separate service its part of windows and microsoft doesnt charge extra

http://www.bowman.co.za/eZines/Custom/AnnualCompetitionLaw/Newsflash/Consumer-Right.html

Fair enough. My point is just that if you look hard enough, I'm sure there are more than a few examples of companies bundling something people want with something they don't want, so fair & legal or not, this isn't all that uncommon.

For anyone interested in playing Cod4, why not just buy Cod 4?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Fair enough. My point is just that if you look hard enough, I'm sure there are more than a few examples of companies bundling something people want with something they don't want, so fair & legal or not, this isn't all that uncommon.

yes im not saying that the government is going to do anything about it im saying that they should but the government is really good at not doing things they should be doing