Call Of Duty: Infinte Warfare Pre Orders Very Low

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

The problem are the people who only play COD, and compares all other games to COD. 

You might say that is their, call of duty. 

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)

I should leave. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I assume that's aimed at me. I did not say they were "beneath me". For crying out loud I play "games" like Adventure Capitalist. I don't have any right to say some games are "beneath me". The thing I was trying to say with my post however is that some people basically only plays COD and that's not healthy for the industry. It's like eating only potato chips. Bag after bag every single day. Then when a developer tries to give you a dish with far more complexity and character the customer just goes "I don't like this. It does not taste like potato chips". It's no wonder so many games are just trying to copy COD nowadays (looking at you Halo).

What I said was that I think it would be good for the industry if these COD players would go out of their comfort zone and player something that isn't COD. If they did that then developers might be more willing to do new things instead of just falling back on the old COD formula.

That's totally fine. You are not the problem. The problem are the people who only play COD, and compares all other games to COD. Like the people in the market research group.

Actually that was not aimed specifically at you. It was partially aimed at the CEO of that company you posted the interview about - but moreso, just the general... mmm...shall we call "PCMR" crowd in the gaming community.

The thing about it, is that, if a large chunk of gamers want nothing but COD, who are we to say that they are wrong? Who are we to say that's unhealthy? Sure, certainly, you may prefer a game with more complexity (I happen to also enjoy said hypothetical games), but if there is a group of players who don't want that, and compare everything to COD because they finally found something that fits their particular entertainment needs, that doesn't mean they're wrong and we're right.

You could say that, sure, Dev's will try to develop for the lowest common denominator, and therefore will - especially with big AAA games - cater towards those folks who want the more "simple" COD type experience... but how is that a bad thing? There will always be more niche developers (and even AAA devs who occasionally are allowed to make a passion project) that will cater towards your entertainment needs - eg: the more complex and nuanced games.

COD players will either slowly ease out of their comfort zone, or they won't. However, as they ease out of their comfort zone, newer, younger players will simply take their place. I'm sure many of us used to be those type of players who wouldn't leave their comfort zones. Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with a person who prefers potato chips and doesn't want other snacks, because they want potato chips. If a company develops a new product and fails to get "the consumer" to try their new delicious "complex" snack, even if it's amazing, then that company has failed - either at advertising and marketing, or at the product itself. They will either cease to exist, or they'll find their niche in the market.

People complain about COD, but we still have many AMAZING games that are far more complex then COD coming out or already released. You've got your Wolfenstein's and Doom's and Star Citizen's and Witcher 3's and Mad Max and GTA V, and so on and so on.

Frankly, PC Gaming has probably never been better. Games like The Witcher 3 could never have been made 10 years ago, a huge blockbuster AAA budget for a game that would otherwise be considered Indie territory. Let alone Star Citizen - which obviously is still out for judgement, since they're still a while away from final release, but that game is incredibly ambitious, and is exactly for players who want the more complex type of game.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The thing about it, is that, if a large chunk of gamers want nothing but COD, who are we to say that they are wrong? Who are we to say that's unhealthy? Sure, certainly, you may prefer a game with more complexity (I happen to also enjoy said hypothetical games), but if there is a group of players who don't want that, and compare everything to COD because they finally found something that fits their particular entertainment needs, that doesn't mean they're wrong and we're right.

I don't know who says it is wrong to want nothing but COD. I certainly haven't. I didn't say it was unhealthy either.

What I said was that it would be healthy for the industry if the market spread out a bit. So instead of having one huge game that everyone mimics, multiple games can build a larger crowd than what they current got today.

I don't get why you are so defensive about this. I think you have misinterpreted what I have been trying to say. I am not hating on COD players, neither is the article if you read it carefully.

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I don't know who says it is wrong to want nothing but COD. I certainly haven't. I didn't say it was unhealthy either.

What I said was that it would be healthy for the industry if the market spread out a bit. So instead of having one huge game that everyone mimics, multiple games can build a larger crowd than what they current got today.

I don't get why you are so defensive about this. I think you have misinterpreted what I have been trying to say. I am not hating on COD players, neither is the article if you read it carefully.

Perhaps your other post wasn't as clear as you intended? In particular, I'm referring to the point where you say:

The problem are the people who only play COD, and compares all other games to COD.

You might not directly be saying "COD players are unhealthy" or whatever, but you are ultimately still laying the blame at people who prefer one very specific type of gameplay.

I think the Industry itself will self correct, as AAA companies don't make their profit quotas. If people keep buying COD and COD clones, then the industry will still keep making them, because that's obviously what people want. People buy other types of FPS games, which is why games like Doom 2016, etc, exist.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

20 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Perhaps your other post wasn't as clear as you intended? In particular, I'm referring to the point where you say:

You might not directly be saying "COD players are unhealthy" or whatever, but you are ultimately still laying the blame at people who prefer one very specific type of gameplay.

You are trying to summarize about 900 words to a single sentence. Of course my post won't be "as clear as intended" if you do that.

What I was saying is that it would be good for the industry if people moved from COD to other games. It would not only be good for them (because they will have new experiences, and maybe find other things they like) but also for developers (which would not have to make a bunch of COD clones to avoid people saying their game is bad).

I am not blaming the COD players, and I am not talking about people who prefer a specific type of gameplay.

What I am saying is that it would be good if COD became less popular and other games could get some of that crowd. It would be good for everyone. People would find new things they enjoy, and the market would become more diverse.

39 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I think the Industry itself will self correct, as AAA companies don't make their profit quotas. If people keep buying COD and COD clones, then the industry will still keep making them, because that's obviously what people want. People buy other types of FPS games, which is why games like Doom 2016, etc, exist.

That is exactly what I am talking about. If these numbers are correct, then it shows a decline in COD's popularity. I talked about that here:

On 6/6/2016 at 0:52 PM, LAwLz said:

The poor sales numbers of COD is a great opportunity for games to reduce the skill compression again. As COD players start experiencing other games they might become better and less reliant on all the skill compression mechanics in COD. Sadly I don't think that is going to happen. What's more likely is that another game comes along with a really flat learning curve and small skill gap which the hoards of bad players will flock to instead. Chances are that game will be BF1 but I hope it won't be. I think it would be best for the entire industry if games could become more complex without having to risk hearing "this game isn't like COD so it's bad".

If you want another analogy, it's like the Big Mac. There is nothing inherently wrong with ordering the Big Mac every time, without ever testing anything else on the menu (or another restaurant). But it will limit your experience. Who knows, maybe you love the Mc Fish (or whatever their burgers are called), but you would never know that if you always order the Big Mac.

Just to be perfectly clear I am going to repeat myself. If COD becomes less popular, then these people might pick up other games they would otherwise not have tried, and those games might be far more enjoyable to them than COD ever was. But they will never learn if they don't leave their comfort zone. However, they must also go into things with an open mind. The people in the market research group did not do the last step, because they were entirely focused on COD throughout the test (or at least that's the impression I get from the interview).

I'd like to play the COD4 remastered and that's about it.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

18 hours ago, lightningterror said:

I'd like to play the COD4 remastered and that's about it.

Don't we all?

1ec92dd73bac3d8117b4a1b1f165ea2e9c5af28c