ASUS ROG STRIX , EVGA ACX 3.0 and ZOTAC AMP Extreme 1080 Cards Pictured in All Their Glory

Mr_Troll
5 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

Dude I'm buying that EVGA one. I have a white build!

Well I think they need to be LTT orange for my new build :P

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

8 minutes ago, wcreek said:

What's wrong with one 8 pin?

It's limited to 225 watts much like the reference card. I want to do some serious overclocking and 1 8-pin will not cut it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

9 minutes ago, SamStrecker said:

I went for Zotac with my 980ti and I could not be happier. Seeing it overclocks better then the MSI Lightning and stays extremely cool at 65C full load

I've heard great things about Zotac across multiple forums. I will seriously consider them this go around. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

It's limited to 225 watts much like the reference card. I want to do some serious overclocking and 1 8-pin will not cut it.

Ah, so for most people it's fine but for those extreme OC'ers it would suck then... 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Ah, so for most people it's fine but for those extreme OC'ers it would suck then... 

Which sucks because I was all but set on EVGA. BUT, someone on their forums an hour ago stated the FTW will have 2 8-pins. Hmmmm so I guess we'll see.

13 minutes ago, wcreek said:

What's wrong with one 8 pin?

It power throttles, even at stock speeds.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

@VagabondWraith I'm still hoping on Polaris 10 being good. Though seeing that you're an Nvidia fanboy, I suspect your insight to what AMD might bring would probably be more so of a negative view...

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Which sucks because I was all but set on EVGA. BUT, someone on their forums an hour ago stated the FTW will have 2 8-pins. Hmmmm so I guess we'll see.

Interesting

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It power throttles, even at stock speeds.

That too is interesting.

18 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

Well, 1 8 pin delivers the same power as 2 6 pins in newer power supplies; it's a total of 225W including the PCIe connector on the motherboard. 

It's been proven that the card power throttles with only 1 8 pin, so other manufacturers are using 2 8 pin connectors instead of 1. Not talking about 2 6 pins.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

It's been proven that the card power throttles with only 1 8 pin, so other manufacturers are using 2 8 pin connectors instead of 1. Not talking about 2 6 pins.

It power throttles at the 180W stock that 100% power limit supplies it. It's also proven, in the Fury X, that the lower the temperature, the lower the power usage is, and thus, the higher the headroom is for clock speed. All the manufacturers have to do is give it a little extra power, instead of the 180W specified in default bios, say 190W, and cool it better. Of course, giving it an 8 pin and a 6 pin for a total of 300W would aid in overclocking as well. 

Hope the EVGA has a second connector or hybrid is coming out soon. I guess this will be an excuse for finally getting a modular power supply. :)

10 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

It power throttles at the 180W stock that 100% power limit supplies it. It's also proven, in the Fury X, that the lower the temperature, the lower the power usage is, and thus, the higher the headroom is for clock speed. All the manufacturers have to do is give it a little extra power, instead of the 180W specified in default bios, say 190W, and cool it better. Of course, giving it an 8 pin and a 6 pin for a total of 300W would aid in overclocking as well. 

If you want I can find my post from few days ago, basically a post of a guy doing the first non reference cooler test with Arctic something cooler, he managed to OC the card and even thougt the it was hitting 50C max it wasn't stable in high OCs due to power limit (he was hitting 2100 MHz, the number NV claimed was doable w/o a proplem). So yeah, 1 8 pin won't cut it. If 50 C is not enough low temp for OC I've no idea what is. 
If I end up being wrong that's fine, hell that's even better, but why is EVGA going with 1 8 pon on SC, but 2 8 pins on FTW card (I would post you the link of the picture I posted here few hours ago but VZ site is down), same as every other manufacturer?

EDIT: here you go

the EVGA GTX1080 Super Clocked is just a custom ACX3.0 cooler bolted on a reference 1080 board

5Sg1IZr.png

rather disappointing, EVGA 

---

EVGA's 1080 FTW will have 2x8 PCIe power

EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1080-FTW-VC-2.jpg

Edited by zMeul

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

the EVGA GTX1080 Super Clocked is just a custom ACX3.0 cooler bolted on a reference 1080 board

5Sg1IZr.png

rather disappointing, EVGA 

Interesting, because we can see EVGA logo in the other picture. :|

evga-geforce-gtx-1080-sc-acx-3-0_

17 minutes ago, wcreek said:

@VagabondWraith I'm still hoping on Polaris 10 being good. Though seeing that you're an Nvidia fanboy, I suspect your insight to what AMD might bring would probably be more so of a negative view...

From all reports, AMD is going to target the low end and mid range targets. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I just think nVidia targets the high end/enthusiast sector first, as people are willing to pay a high price for new stuff. nVidia excels at the more expensive stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the 980 Ti outsold the Fury X 10/1 or 20/1 ratio. nVidia knows they can capitalize quickly being first to market and a history of people more than willing to pay for it. Hell, a 1080 went for over $1800 on eBay a few days ago.

AMD excels in the mainstream and low end. That's where their bulk of business is. They can't or are not willing to challenge nVidia at the high end right off the bat probably because a lack of funds to keep up, and the fact AMD needs to just gain pure marketshare period. I see it as if they feel that, that strategy is a smarter business decision by delivering at the core of what people pay.

Both companies are targeting their strengths early, at least at this go around. Then they can fill in with more SKU's down the road.

That's my take anyway.

6 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

From all reports, AMD is going to target the low end and mid range targets. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I just think nVidia targets the high end/enthusiast sector first, as people are willing to pay a high price for new stuff. nVidia excels at the more expensive stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the 980 Ti outsold the Fury X 10/1 or 20/1 ratio. nVidia knows they can capitalize quickly being first to market and a history of people more than willing to pay for it. Hell, a 1080 went for over $1800 on eBay a few days ago.

AMD excels in the mainstream and low end. That's where their bulk of business is. They can't or are not willing to challenge nVidia at the high end right off the bat probably because a lack of funds to keep up, and the fact AMD needs to just gain pure marketshare period. I see it as if they feel that, that strategy is a smarter business decision by delivering at the core of what people pay.

Both companies are targeting their strengths early, at least at this go around. Then they can fill in with more SKU's down the road.

That's my take anyway.

Probably, I just think that Polaris 10 at launch will have some decent cards. Cards that reach into the R9 Fury/R9 Fury X range. Though for the enthusiast/high end gamer R9 Fury/R9 Fury X performance isn't enough.

Though if you're gaming at 1440p, R9 Fury/R9 Fury X performance is plentiful for that kind of work. It's just that because both of those cards used HBM it was limited to 4GB so that was a bit of a draw back for them. Otherwise yeah I hope the 480X or 490 will be the best card for 1440p gaming at high to ultra settings. If not then I suppose Nvidia it is.

Vega will likely give Pascal a good run for its money, but Vega is coming either later this year or early next year. Navi and Volta will be entirely different..

Zotac would be my choice again. The 980Ti amp!extreme is too impressive to choose otherwise.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

EVGA cards look like shit, but thats always been my opinion on them, well the others are pretty good looking, especially that STRIX card :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Mr_Troll said:

Powerful GeForce GTX 1080 Custom Models Pictured – Feature Better Cooling, PCBs and Overclocking Capability Than Founders Edition

ASUS’s Badass ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Graphics Card Shows Its Fierce Design

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card

ZOTAC’s Impressive GTX 1080 AMP Extreme and AMP! Graphics Card Impress With Aggressive Designs

zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-amp-extreme_3

zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-amp_3

EVGA Has a New ACX For Pascal – GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 and GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Unveiled

evga-geforce-gtx-1080-sc-acx-3-0_
evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ftw-acx-3-0_1

evga-geforce-gtx-1080-sc-acx-3-0_2

evga-geforce-gtx-1080-sc-acx-3-0_3

evga-geforce-gtx-1080-sc-acx-3-0_1

Damn those AIBs designs look dope af.. Especially the EVGA ones and the Asus one. So tempted to buy one

Source: http://hothardware.com/news/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-superclocked-avx-30-edition-and-gtx-1080-sli-sneak-peek

http://wccftech.com/asus-evga-zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-graphics-card/

http://videocardz.com/60325/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-amp-and-amp-extreme-pictured

http://videocardz.com/60340/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-pictured

i just wanna see a g1 and windforce card

9 minutes ago, joe_p231 said:

i just wanna see a g1 and windforce card

my guess, G1s will be replaced by the new "Extreme Gaming" ones

While I can forgive ACX 2.0 with maintaining aesthetic simplicity, I am not sure what to think about this faux-militaristic look on the 3.0 iteration.

The one thing I want to know is whether or not Gigabyte (or anybody else) has installed a secondary DVI or extra pair of DP connector on their cards.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

14 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

While I can forgive ACX 2.0 with maintaining aesthetic simplicity, I am not sure what to think about this faux-militaristic look on the 3.0 iteration.

The one thing I want to know is whether or not Gigabyte (or anybody else) has installed a secondary DVI or extra pair of DP connector on their cards.

Simplicity/Minimalism is a lot better than whatever the hell EVGA was trying to do with ACX 3.0

Out of these AIBs, I've said prior... The Zotac and Asus coolers are a lot better looking.