[Solved] New CWWK J6413 NAS Motherboard won't boot (after trying the troubleshooting steps in the sticky)

Go to solution Solved by Levent,

My money is on the RAMs being the problem. I have two chinese router mini pcs (with two different cpus) and there are dimms both of which straight up refuse to post despite rams being pulled from a working computer.

Posted (edited)

Hello. I purchased a CWWK J6413 from amazon at this link. I have it hooked up to a power supply and I'm using the power switch from another computer. I installed two DDR4-3200 8GB sticks of ripjaws ram and I've got an HDMI cable plugged into the back. I can get the motherboard to turn on via the donated power supply using the power button on my other PC (at least, I get the CPU fan to start spinning), but I never get any video signal and I cannot get into the bios. I've read that you need to wait a few minutes but it's been about ten minutes now with no video signal.

• The power supply comes from another PC and it worked this morning
  • The power bar and cable work (again, from a working PC)
  • Make sure your BIOS version is compatible with the CPU generation  ... Comes with a CPU installed from the factory
  • Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included. ... 24Pin and 4pin CPU both plugged in
  • Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself. ... Checked and rechecked
  • Make sure your PSU is powerful enough to power your complete system. ... It's a low power system and the PSU is a seasonic 750W
  • Try booting the system with only a monitor but no other peripherals connected. ... Done
  • Make sure your monitor works by testing it on a different computer ... Done (works with multiple computers and multiple inputs)
  • If you have both a dedicated GPU and an iGPU, try your monitor on both the outputs on the graphics cards as well as on the motherboard. ... No graphics card
  • When trying the iGPU, if the board has VGA out, try that too instead of just digital out. ... tried both HDMI and Display Port
  • Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary. ... done
  • Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary. ... done (CPU comes pre-installed, no GPU, ram swapped a few times)
  • ... No Debug LEDs
  • ... No Beeps heard
  • Try clearing your CMOS. ... Don't know how to do this
  • Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well 😉 ). ... done
  • Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer. ... No GPU
  • Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer. ... no other computer with this form factor, but they're fresh from the store
  • Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard. ... The spec sheet says DDR4-3200 SODIMMS should work

Any other suggestions? Or do I need to RMA the motherboard?

Thank you for reading.

PXL_20240511_183410985.jpg

PXL_20240511_183416465.jpg

Edited by whiterook6

My money is on the RAMs being the problem. I have two chinese router mini pcs (with two different cpus) and there are dimms both of which straight up refuse to post despite rams being pulled from a working computer.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It was the ram! I went and talked to the friendly staff at my local memory express and they got me a couple sticks of "value ram" that they said was super compatible with everything. Apparently some of the nicer sticks of ram have special functionality or something, I dunno. But it boots into the bios! Thanks @Levent!

(Now if only the value ram came with a black PCB like my G.skill ripjaws did . . .)