And people were saying AMD CPUs are bad?

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

"roast"

lmao

I use it to cook my dinner every night more effective than stove but the performance per surface is not too good.  ... 

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

in case of the 9590 is more so the amd side roasting everything else

(and thats actually a joke told to me by a 9590 owner, yes he also has two r9 295x2's)

Well that explains global warming...

1 minute ago, ShadyHost said:

They're ancient power hungry space heaters. 'Nuff said. 

Also these benchmarks are cherry-picked.....and oddly suspicious

Your profile pic goes perfectly with that comment somehow :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

*personally own a fx9590, fx4300 and 5820k*

LOL :)

fx9590 runs HOT\

the recomended stock cooler is a aio.

Yeah you know something's up when that's a thing... and it requires 1 of a few cherry-picked motherboards that can handle it, not just anything it fits into socket-wise xD not a good sign...

actually if it could at least offer 2x the performance of a 5960x or something like that that would actually justify the liquid cooler as a minimum requirement, it would be cool (no pun intended) for a real enthusiast grade chip like that to exist, but unfortunately it's just what it is because failure :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Not sure if srs...

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I got a FX-8320 clocked at 4GHZ, it's fine for the tasks that i use.

I get 45-60FPS GTA 5 High settings(V-sync on), but held back by my 270X and it's 2GB VRAM...

Plus you'd have to consider the cooling for a FX-9590...i'm lucky enough to get @TDP_Equinox H100i cooler for a good price...

oh, you have 3 benchmarks? thats cute...

Spoiler

skyrim%201920.png

900x900px-LL-e62d7182_bit-tech.png

CB.png

LL

FX-8350-67.jpg

cinebench.png

crysis-fps.gif

winrar.png

civv-lgv.gif

hs_AMDFX-8350_Photoshop1.gif

f2-3.jpg

average%20power.png

PCMark7.png

LL

sysmark-0.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1. Gaming tests aren't very indicative of CPU performance, especially when you consider the first slide shows that a cheaper i3 keeps up.
  2. The FX-9590 requires much more to keep up with Intel's processors. You may as well say a Hummer isn't bad once you stick a giant V10 on it.

So... there's my feed for the troll.

"AMD CPUs aren't bad!! These benchmarks say so!!"

>posts benchmarks of heavily GPU dependant situations

You really aren't convincing me. I had an 8350 and it was garbage in gaming, especially when I was into modded Skyrim. It's one of the few major purchases I ended up regretting, and I wouldn't wish anybody to purchase one except in extremely limited scenarios.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Somehow I have a hard time believing the results are accurate.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The price difference between the 9590 and something like a 6700 is easily eaten up by needing (yes, it's not optional) a tougher motherboard, and perhaps more importantly, some beast liquid cooler

The UK Used market is very strong in terms of AMD, I can get a 9590 And a Crosshair V Formula-Z For £105.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

13 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

The UK Used market is very strong in terms of AMD, I can get a 9590 And a Crosshair V Formula-Z For £105.

Well that's good because it certainly won't cost that new ;)

lKaicvA.jpg

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't know how to respond to this.

I'd like to see these results IRL and not from some shitty PNG.

That's like saying "Don't believe any benchmark results on the internet, buy every hardware you want to compare and run the tests on your own." I might actually start doing that, just hope my retailer accepts multiple returns...

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why were you recommended the i5?  Because every other test out there will show the intel CPUs having much better single-threaded and total performance, especially when factoring in power consumption and heat.  These results are highly suspicious to me

Exactly, the big clue here is "other".

Intel i5s comes with the ability to select the superior test results for your argument, no matter what use case. If you can test it, the i5 can max it. Terms and conditions apply.

I know the OP is wrong and does not know it, but you guys that think the benches are fake...

These are GPU limited tests.  Take the first one:  The GTX 980Ti is the bottleneck.  There was a 4K bench in there too.  Funny stuff.

2 of those benches are irrelephant anyway. 4K is GPU bound almost always and heaven is a GPU only benchmark. You were suggested to buy what was performing best at the point in time 3 years ago, muppet. 

6 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

2 of those benches are irrelephant anyway. 4K is GPU bound almost always and heaven is a GPU only benchmark. You were suggested to buy what was performing best at the point in time 3 years ago, muppet. 

So 1080p is CPU bound? Surely you mean "CPU load will be the same regardless of resolution"?

3 hours ago, ybriK said:

So 1080p is CPU bound? Surely you mean "CPU load will be the same regardless of resolution"?

Well lets say in a theoretical scenario the CPU limits you to 80FPS. If you have a GPU that can do 45FPS at 4K then you won't hit your CPU limit and are thus GPU bound.

However if at 1080P your GPU can get 140FPS then you are CPU bound to 80FPS. 

Given that there's still not a single card (some come close now) that will hold over 60FPS in 4K gaming you're almost always GPU bound. Whereas most decent GPUs are capable of 1080p gaming at very high framerates these days.

That's what I mean.

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah you know something's up when that's a thing... and it requires 1 of a few cherry-picked motherboards that can handle it, not just anything it fits into socket-wise xD not a good sign...

actually if it could at least offer 2x the performance of a 5960x or something like that that would actually justify the liquid cooler as a minimum requirement, it would be cool (no pun intended) for a real enthusiast grade chip like that to exist, but unfortunately it's just what it is because failure :P

fx9590 needs nigh number of power phases.

i think the only 22 boards is the crosshair v formula z and the sabertooth editions.

10 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why were you recommended the i5?  Because every other test out there will show the intel CPUs having much better single-threaded and total performance, especially when factoring in power consumption and heat.  These results are highly suspicious to me

this. I have both cpus and can tell you that the 8350 isn't even close.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

cherry picked benchmarks. always legit.. 

FX CPU's are barely passing standard these days, you should not buy one today. 

I love AMD, but it is not a good option for CPU's right now. 

11 hours ago, dfg666 said:

Yea right... Games are now using more than 4 logical cores. A 4 year old CPU holding up against the "latest" from Intel, tell me again LTT users, why the fuck was I recommended an i5 by majority of tech websites 3 years ago when I could've gotten an 8350?

http://wccftech.com/fx-8370-i5-6400-gaming-comparison/

CPU_01.png

58_53_core_i7_4770k_vs_amd_fx_8350_with_

fx-8370-vs-5960x_gaming-gtav_gtx970-sli.

because the entire FX series is just different amounts of cores, or overclocks. 63xx has 6, 8xxx just has a extra 2, and the 9xxx are just over clocked 8350s. 

single core performance on Intel is way better, as everyone here is saying. You can't be mad because 3 years ago no one expected games to use multiple cores. 

On top of that, in other things that are super CPU heavy Intel would be better in the i7 range. 

So, you have a i5, right? cool, save up a bit and get a i7 on the same socket as your i5. You have that advantage, the advantage of a future proofed CPU. I don't with my 8350, because the 9590 is, again, just my CPU overclocked. If I want to upgrade I'd have to get a new board and CPU, so like...400-500.

you only have to drop maybe 300, or depending on what i5 you have, and when you upgrade, it'll be less. 

im not saying AMD is complete shit, I have one and I'm happy with it. There are some cons to it though, and Intel handles those cons well alongside sizing up against AMD performance pretty well. 

(I'm also iffy on these sources, my overclocked 8350 can't beat a 4790k from what I've seen on cinabench.)

these results don't make sense . Why would the 9590 perform the same or better than the 5960x in any case ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Bajantechnician said:

fx9590 needs nigh number of power phases.

i think the only 22 boards is the crosshair v formula z and the sabertooth editions.

Not all about phase count. CVF-Z Has 8 for the CPU and 2 for the IMC. 

1 hour ago, harrynowl said:

Not all about phase count. CVF-Z Has 8 for the CPU and 2 for the IMC. 

lower phase count mobos will fry with the cpu