And people were saying AMD CPUs are bad?

Yea right... Games are now using more than 4 logical cores. A 4 year old CPU holding up against the "latest" from Intel, tell me again LTT users, why the fuck was I recommended an i5 by majority of tech websites 3 years ago when I could've gotten an 8350?

http://wccftech.com/fx-8370-i5-6400-gaming-comparison/

CPU_01.png

58_53_core_i7_4770k_vs_amd_fx_8350_with_

fx-8370-vs-5960x_gaming-gtav_gtx970-sli.

no they are bad, im an AMD fanboy and even i know they are, the fx 9590 gets like 9 FPS in gta v on lowest settings when you live stream, and the GPU was a 390 

Lel. I bought an 8320 back in 2012. Still running it today.

Why were you recommended the i5?  Because every other test out there will show the intel CPUs having much better single-threaded and total performance, especially when factoring in power consumption and heat.  These results are highly suspicious to me

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

They aren't good, the performance per core is terrible, they draw a dick ton of power (relative to similarly performing Intel counterparts), and they generate a shit ton of heat.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

These results are highly suspicious to me

I concur.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Also when I bring up power consumption it's not because it's going to cost more on your power bill (although it will, just nothing you should care about) but that it means you need a higher wattage PSU, and a mobo with a good VRM system or otherwise you have a pretty decent chance of frying your board and everything connected to it.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

These results are highly suspicious to me

dude's using heaven benchmark to compare cpu's.

give me single and multithread 7zip benchmarks and we can work this out :P

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Also when I bring up power consumption it's not because it's going to cost more on your power bill (although it will, just nothing you should care about) but that it means you need a higher wattage PSU, and a mobo with a good VRM system or otherwise you have a pretty decent chance of frying your board and everything connected to it.

until you realise with my power cost my GTX970 paid its price difference with an R9 390 back before the R9 390 launched.

i'm literally 1 cent per kwh away from my very own natural gas generator making sense.

3 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

The price difference between the 9590 and something like a 6700 is easily eaten up by needing (yes, it's not optional) a tougher motherboard, and perhaps more importantly, some beast liquid cooler

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The price difference between the 9590 and something like a 6700 is easily eaten up by needing (yes, it's not optional) a tougher motherboard, and perhaps more importantly, some beast liquid cooler

Exactly, you can OC a 4790k to 4.4Ghz on stock with no issues, try and do that on a 9590 / 8350 and you'll have a toaster in minutes.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

until you realise with my power cost my GTX970 paid its price difference with an R9 390 back before the R9 390 launched.

i'm literally 1 cent per kwh away from my very own natural gas generator making sense.

Damn, that's insane.

EDIT: To OP @dfg666 we're not trying to roast your or anything btw, we're telling you there is a very obvious reason why we don't recommend current AMD CPU's.

Damn, that's insane.

then you realise some parts of germany are already past that point, and well on their way to these being in basements:

Caterpillar_Diesel_Generator_Sets_120-20

oh, and in places like hawaii its actually profitable to have your very own diesel generator clunking away.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

then you realise some parts of germany are already past that point, and well on their way to these being in basements:

Caterpillar_Diesel_Generator_Sets_120-20

oh, and in places like hawaii its actually profitable to have your very own diesel generator clunking away.

It's .15$ per kwh here in Rhode Island- so not exactly super cheap but not like Hawaii at .33$ per kwh.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

I wasn't sure if that was informative or funny, but I guess it's both xD 

"Guest Author" kk 

Magical Pineapples

It's .15$ per kwh here in Rhode Island- so not exactly super cheap but not like Hawaii at .33$ per kwh.

I don't pay the bills so it's possible misc taxes put it over this but I think it's like 12 cents here and that's not even particularly cheap afaik

3 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

EDIT: To OP @dfg666 we're not trying to roast your or anything btw, we're telling you there is a very obvious reason why we don't recommend current AMD CPU's.

defenately backing this. theres places where they are a good choice, but its becoming a REALLY difficult sell with the vast disadvantages you'll be facing.

while in the majority of games, with the majority of graphics card setups, it literally does not matter. theres VERY valid cases like H1Z1 where the difference between a 4790k and an FX8350 is literally a 2:1 win for the 4790k.

its a matter of buying what you need, not a matter of buying "the best part" since thats a myth anyways.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I wasn't sure if that was informative or funny, but I guess it's both xD 

its hilareously informative. (forum suggestion? xD)

7 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Exactly, you can OC a 4790k to 4.4Ghz on stock with no issues, try and do that on a 9590 / 8350 and you'll have a toaster in minutes.

Damn, that's insane.

"roast"

lmao

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't pay the bills so it's possible misc taxes put it over this but I think it's like 12 cents here and that's not even particularly cheap afaik

That's a little above the national average.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

defenately backing this. theres places where they are a good choice, but its becoming a REALLY difficult sell with the vast disadvantages you'll be facing.

while in the majority of games, with the majority of graphics card setups, it literally does not matter. theres VERY valid cases like H1Z1 where the difference between a 4790k and an FX8350 is literally a 2:1 win for the 4790k.

its a matter of buying what you need, not a matter of buying "the best part" since thats a myth anyways.

Honestly with the cost of something like a Skylake i3 being only 110$ with a H110M motherboard being another 50$ or so I don't see there being any real reasons to go with any FX CPU's. 

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

"roast"

lmao

in case of the 9590 is more so the amd side roasting everything else

(and thats actually a joke told to me by a 9590 owner, yes he also has two r9 295x2's)

They're ancient power hungry space heaters. 'Nuff said. 

Also these benchmarks are cherry-picked.....and oddly suspicious

Just now, manikyath said:

in case of the 9590 is more so the amd side roasting everything else

(and thats actually a joke told to me by a 9590 owner, yes he also has two r9 295x2's)

*personally own a fx9590, fx4300 and 5820k*

LOL :)

fx9590 runs HOT\

the recomended stock cooler is a aio.

Honestly with the cost of something like a Skylake i3 being only 110$ with a H110M motherboard being another 50$ or so I don't see there being any real reasons to go with any FX CPU's. 

numbercrunching per dollar spent if LITERALLY nothing else matters.