212X or CRYORIG H7

Trav_X

Which one? Looked into Both and they seem so similar, I'm just not sure what to do :( the H7 is like a few bucks cheaper, like $2-3 USD a which isn't much. Any comparisons online? All the ones I've seen are H7 vs 212 EVO, not 212X

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

cryorg h7 because its only 35 rk 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

i honestly still dont like any of the 212 coolers. imo they're ugly, and the mount looks dodgy as hell.

5 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

Which one? Looked into Both and they seem so similar, I'm just not sure what to do :( the H7 is like a few bucks cheaper, like $2-3 USD a which isn't much. Any comparisons online? All the ones I've seen are H7 vs 212 EVO, not 212X

The 212x i think the only difference between it and evo is that it has a newer fan design (someone correct me if im wrong) and the h7 generally is a degree or two cooler than the evo while looking better, being quieter, and being smaller, so it fits in most cases.

Also the thermal paste that comes with the Cryorig is quite good, it\s fairly close to Noctua NT-H1

I vote H7. If my H5 Ultimate is anything to go by, CRYORIG coolers are the bomb.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

12 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

The H7 I own (see signature) has a lower min fan speed compared to the Evo 212 or 212X with 330RPM (depending on the software irl more like 400RPM). The H7 comes also with a second metal thing to attach a second fan if necessary. RAM inteference is no problem at all. I can only tell you about the H7 because I do not own the Hyper Evo, a friend of mine does, but that is not very reliable if I start about his experience.

EDIT: The RPM range of the Evo seems to be 600RPM-1600RPM, the H7 has 330RPM-1600RPM. In idle it will be more silent.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

The 212x is very similar to the 212 Evo and they are similar to the H7 in performance. Just pick whatever is cheaper.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

43 minutes ago, LeStringMan said:

Also the thermal paste that comes with the Cryorig is quite good, it\s fairly close to Noctua NT-H1

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The 212x is very similar to the 212 Evo and they are similar to the H7 in performance. Just pick whatever is cheaper.

43 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I vote H7. If my H5 Ultimate is anything to go by, CRYORIG coolers are the bomb.

47 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i honestly still dont like any of the 212 coolers. imo they're ugly, and the mount looks dodgy as hell.

48 minutes ago, Aytex said:

h7

How do you think a H7 performs against a H55?

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

the same, 120mm aio's preform as much as a cheap air tower, they are not worth it

Well, the H55 is only barely $10 more than a H7 or 212X, so if the temps are marginally better :P but I kinda want to go liquid so I'm not sure

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

1 hour ago, Trav_X said:

Well, the H55 is only barely $10 more than a H7 or 212X, so if the temps are marginally better :P but I kinda want to go liquid so I'm not sure

Im pretty sure the 212 evo actually outperforms the H55, but only by a degree or two, the evo is nearly equal to an H60.

10 hours ago, Trav_X said:

H7 will be the same, if not better.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 hours ago, Trav_X said:

If you really want to go water then get something like an h100i or a kraken x61. The difference between the h55 and the h7 or 212x isn't really enough to warrant more noise and another point of failure.

For air coolers i would go with the h7, better looks and generally better build quality.

Also mounting the 212x can be a pain by yourself,the h7 is a little easier.

I've owned both an 212 Evo and an H7, they are quite similar in performance with the H7 maybe marginally better - assuming your case gets plenty of fresh airflow.  I like the 212 mounting system better - you can easily mount the heat sink with the mobo lying flat.  Unlike the H7, which requires physical access to the rear of the mobo when mounting the sink (you basically bolt it in from the backside.)  The H7 visually looks better IMO, and it is a tad bit shorter - about half an inch, if space is limited.

But I don't think any of those differences warrant paying more, so I'd go with whichever had the better price.

10 minutes ago, ThomasD said:

I've owned both an 212 Evo and an H7, they are quite similar in performance with the H7 maybe marginally better - assuming your case gets plenty of fresh airflow.  I like the 212 mounting system better - you can easily mount the heat sink with the mobo lying flat.  Unlike the H7, which requires physical access to the rear of the mobo when mounting the sink (you basically bolt it in from the backside.)  The H7 visually looks better IMO, and it is a tad bit shorter - about half an inch, if space is limited.

But I don't think any of those differences warrant paying more, so I'd go with whichever had the better price.

Alright :) I'll probably go with an H7, the looks is important and the 212X is 158mm tall and my P400S case only has a limit of 160mm which would be cutting it quite close :) thanks for your input

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

7 hours ago, Dark_Fuzzy said:

If you really want to go water then get something like an h100i or a kraken x61. The difference between the h55 and the h7 or 212x isn't really enough to warrant more noise and another point of failure.

For air coolers i would go with the h7, better looks and generally better build quality.

Also mounting the 212x can be a pain by yourself,the h7 is a little easier.

I would but my budget is limiting me to like $50 or less in terms of CPU cooler so I can get the other parts I want

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

15 hours ago, wcreek said:

H7 all the way. I don't have one but I'd rather use that or the H5 Ultimate over the 212.

I agree totally with @manikyath

How do you think an H5 would perform over an H7? I could probably get an H5 ultimate In my budget

19 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What would you say a H7 would do in comparison to an H5 Ultimate? My budget could probably allow the $10-$15 difference if it's worth the cost.

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

3 hours ago, Trav_X said:

How do you think an H5 would perform over an H7? I could probably get an H5 ultimate In my budget

What would you say a H7 would do in comparison to an H5 Ultimate? My budget could probably allow the $10-$15 difference if it's worth the cost.

The H5 Ultimate is much better against... let me find my thread I had asking a out the h7 and H5...

Though I might be doing a NZXT Kraken X61 instead... My budget might be able to accodate the X61 now.... Still would get the H5 if I wanted to save some money...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

The H5 Ultimate is much better against... let me find my thread I had asking a out the h7 and H5...

Though I might be doing a NZXT Kraken X61 instead... My budget might be able to accodate the X61 now.... Still would get the H5 if I wanted to save some money...

Found it... 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7 hours ago, Trav_X said:

The H5 Ultimate is definitely too big for your case, and the Universal might be as well. The H7 is an outstanding little cooler that will serve you well as long as you're not looking to break clock speed records on a 9590 with it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:50 PM, ThinkWithPortals said:

CRYORIG is overrated. Thermalright is the real best.