R9-290X Final Pictures, Looks Unique.

TechFan@ic

It looks sexy! 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

The design looks much better on the larger cards than the smaller ones

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

No, it means they're trying to generate market share in a short space of time. GPUs carry a certain amount of brand loyalty, generally speaking unless you have issues with your card you'll buy from the same manufacturer next time. This is what they're trying to set up, especially since the success of Mantle might rely heavily on them being the dominant player across all platforms. They already have a stranglehold on the console market now, but they need to start winning the PC graphics side too to really make this work. 

Wait, desktop computer sales are plummeting (according to the hype), so they come out with a whole new line up of cards, which most likely will be for the dwindling new desktop computer sales... yea they'll gain a lot of market share :lol:

I had an ATI card in my previous build but went NVIDIA on the latest because I switch on every build to see what the hype of one over the other is, I can't say one is supremely better than the other, they have their pros & cons. If anyone can come up with some benchmark where one card is a whole order of magnitude better than its competition, post is in a new thread, because they are pretty much the same as far as specs go and they both have to support the same features no matter what marketing  name they use.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Did anyone else notice that their aren't any crossfire fingers? I don't use crossfire or SLI so I don't really care.

There aren't any real "fingers", but looking more closely it seems like there are some contacts in the spot where crossfire bridges normally are. Maybe the issues they've had with frame timings couldn't be fixed with JUST driver updates and they needed new hardware as well to get it completely out of the way? Or maybe they just changed the look of it?

Wait, desktop computer sales are plummeting (according to the hype), so they come out with a whole new line up of cards, which most likely will be for the dwindling new desktop computer sales... yea they'll gain a lot of market share :lol:

I had an ATI card in my previous build but went NVIDIA on the latest because I switch on every build to see what the hype of one over the other is, I can't say one is supremely better than the other, they have their pros & cons. If anyone can come up with some benchmark where one card is a whole order of magnitude better than its competition, post is in a new thread, because they are pretty much the same as far as specs go and they both have to support the same features no matter what marketing  name they use.

A larger piece of a smaller pie still gives them more control over the platform. And PC gaming is actually growing, the people jumping ship on desktops weren't buying graphics cards in the first place. 

And no, the R9-290x has .5 teraflops more raw power than the Titan. 

The whole market (seen as a pie) , including PC's has risen, however tablets and uber smart phones have taken some more of the pie the last 2 years and I'm sure it will grow,.

This does not mean PC gaming is dead/dying nor that desktop sales are declining...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

A black piece of unfathomable consciousness, the fire within uncontainable, scarring the surface with the burden of red tears, it captures emotion & releases warmth, it's a flame, it's love.

That was heavy, I need to change my pants.

I hope they price it to beat out a 780 so nvidia is forced to compete price wise.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Please DO NOT post benchmarks which do not clearly indicate what is being benched and can be verified. Especially if you are then adding in your own text to it, in essence invalidating the entire thing!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Please DO NOT post benchmarks which do not clearly indicate what is being benched and can be verified. Especially if you are then adding in your own text to it, in essence invalidating the entire thing!

Is just an FYI?, because I looked through these pages.. There are none.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

No, someone posted a benchmark he altered for lulz. 

It was not a good idea. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The two I found have been removed...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yeah, by the time I had quoted your text, and looked, it had been deleted.

Mods must be taking some serious prescriptions to stay on the ball 24/7 :)

It looks decent from the top, but the side of it looks amazing. That's what you'll be seeing through the window on your PC, anyway. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Not sure I like it but I would have to see it in person to get a better idea, my favourite looking reference cooler is that on the AMD 6970, not including the heat sink on the titan of course.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

That was heavy, I need to change my pants.

I want to explain my post as some have deemed it "useless" & "trolling" .

A black piece of unfathomable consciousness, the fire within uncontainable, scarring the surface with the burden of red tears, it captures emotion & releases warmth, it's a flame, it's love.

A black piece of unfathomable consciousness: it's the GPU, the chip itself is black, the calculations it makes are not performed consciously but they are logical.

The fire within uncontainable, scarring the surface with the burden of red tears: I'm describing the extreme thermal output of such a powerful card, this heat is expressed as the red lines that resemble tears on the shroud of the card.

It captures emotion & releases warmth: GPUs are used to play video games, some of which are so great they capture wonderful emotions I'm also referring to the heat output again warming the room.

It's a flame, it's love: I simply love this GPU.

To search for ones identity in the sea of knowledge is to know their backbone.

I want to explain my post as some have deemed it "useless" & "trolling" .

A black piece of unfathomable consciousness: it's the GPU, the chip itself is black, the calculations it makes are not performed consciously but they are logical.

The fire within uncontainable, scarring the surface with the burden of red tears: I'm describing the extreme thermal output of such a powerful card, this heat is expressed as the red lines that resemble tears on the shroud of the card.

It captures emotion & releases warmth: GPUs are used to play video games, some of which are so great they capture wonderful emotions I'm also referring to the heat output again warming the room.

It's a flame, it's love: I simply love this GPU.

That's pretty epic, also welcome to the forum.

Looks ugly. I'd just like a plain, flat, black cooler.

Hell, why not just a plain black cooler with two 90mm fans that are also black with a AMD logo and have some red accents or do what Nvidia did with the Titan and have a LED red logo of the card or manufacturer?

Well, thank God for aftermarket coolers!

Looks like it was designed by whoever made that monstrosity of a case the Level 10 GT. yuck

Looking forward to some new designs from the board partners. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

dat card =3

The Video card market is a 21 Billion dollar industry and has not stopped growing since the 1980's. The average gaming PC sees at least 2 cards during its lifetime according to the Jon Peddie Research market forecasting group. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

2 HDMI + 2 DVI? I hope they change that

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Looks nice as a reference, but I'd still go for one with aftermarket cooling. Tiny fans on graphics cards tend to annoy the hell out of me when they ramp up.