R9-290X Final Pictures, Looks Unique.

TechFan@ic

How large is this card (length)? First impression is that it looks big, but there's no reference so I can't tell really.

How large is this card (length)? First impression is that it looks big, but there's no reference so I can't tell really.

Looking at the size of the PCI-E connector against the card shows that the card should be around the same size [Maybe ever so slightly longer] as a reference 7970.

It's ugly, but no one except maybe Batman will buy a stock cooler. I want to see the benchmarks though.

not bad. I like long cards, but to be honest I liked their old looks. They looked more solid than this new.

heJZ4E0.jpg

also look of old beast 6990:

5RQe46k.jpg

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

me right now

6596883U.png

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

6596883U.png

Well it's cheaper than 780 and although it will not beats titan, it's still compete with titan in every benchmark and leave 780 behind. Now you can suck on that xD (if you really are a troll, if not, then don't, that will not taste good)

too gaudy, gross

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Hmm. Reminds me of my 4850 for some reason.

"No signature"

The red spiral looks a little goofy to me. I was kinda hoping for some sort of innovation in the cooling :(

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Very good looking however it is nowhere near as good looking as the 780 or Titan.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

fap-fap-fap-meme-i13.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Very good looking however it is nowhere near as good looking as the 780 or Titan.

See, I think they are both good looking in two different ways. The aluminium on the Titan/780 is awesome, but at the same time, the Black/Red color combo, with how rich they look in some pictures, is just awesome. 

The way the shroud is designed, being 90 degree, box shaped, with the slight variations where the corners are flattened surfaces at odd angles, along with the red spiral lines just make it look awesome to me. 

Eh, to each his own.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

There better be some non-reference coolers coming out real quick! My work in progress build won't be finished without one!

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

See, I think they are both good looking in two different ways. The aluminium on the Titan/780 is awesome, but at the same time, the Black/Red color combo, with how rich they look in some pictures, is just awesome. 

The way the shroud is designed, being 90 degree, box shaped, with the slight variations where the corners are flattened surfaces at odd angles, along with the red spiral lines just make it look awesome to me. 

Eh, to each his own.

It isn't aluminium, I think it's a magnesium alloy.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It isn't aluminium, I think it's a magnesium alloy.

Well, it looks like aluminium. ... The "theme" of it, or wtv. You get the idea. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well it's cheaper than 780 and although it will not beats titan, it's still compete with titan in every benchmark and leave 780 behind. Now you can suck on that xD (if you really are a troll, if not, then don't, that will not taste good)

That's funny cause 780 is equal to or better than titan in most games... Do some research before posting guesses. And we won't know how the amd performs till people actually test it. Of course amd says it's gonna be better than nvidia, they're not gonna release a new product and say "well it's slightly worse than our competitor"

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Pretty much the design I expected from the lower end cards. Definitely nice to see the glossy plastic go even if it's not exactly the most elegant or beautiful design, the only side you will be seeing doesn't look too bad though.

That's funny cause 780 is equal to or better than titan in most games... Do some research before posting guesses. And we won't know how the amd performs till people actually test it. Of course amd says it's gonna be better than nvidia, they're not gonna release a new product and say "well it's slightly worse than our competitor"

Well I don't know that yet for sure, so does him, this is based on a benchmark that I saw on internet before the actual release, those are probably games that are optimized for amd. And I'm not here for arguing either, so apologize for any butthurt.

It'd be really cool if the red lines lit up. Or do they? I didn't read the source or the rest of the thread.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It'd be really cool if the red lines lit up. Or do they? I didn't read the source or the rest of the thread.

Not sure. I have read the entire thread. No mentions of it until now. 

I thought that at first. Then I noticed the the 3 shorter red lines on the end of the card look like they are slightly glowing from an LED in that first picture. I could be wrong. 

This one:

AMD-Radeon-R9-290X-Hawaii1-635x357.jpg

It could just be glare/reflection. Though that is some very weird reflection.

How I imagine this picture being taken is thus:

The AMD representative pulls this out amid the crowd of tech reviewers who erupt into a frenzy of deafeningly loud cheering. 

... Because that sounds so epic.

† Christian Member †

Well I don't know that yet for sure, so does him, this is based on a benchmark that I saw on internet before the actual release, those are probably games that are optimized for amd. And I'm not here for arguing either, so apologize for any butthurt.

that was more a comment aimed at "better than 780 but worse than titan" rather than the AMD being better.  Cause chances are AMD will be better since its the newer card.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I liked the other pics better, the straight grey with chamfered corners.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

"R9-290x Final Pictures, Looks Unique."

Is it even more possible to make a topic title more subjective than that?

I mean, how does that card look unique? It looks bland and the same as all the other Radeon cards. Except now it has swirly red thingies, which makes it look incredibly cheap at that, and it's matte finished instead of gloss. It better delivers performance, because it really doesn't look like a new card that's supposed to be the fastest single GPU on the planet.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

I woke up at 5AM today and its 5:52 still not working :(

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive