What's the one component in your PC that you haven't used/pushed to its full potential?

On 4/8/2016 at 3:19 PM, Tech_Dreamer said:

For me it's my ram , nothing nearly passed that 6 gig mark for the 16 gig capacity , Also my power supply which hovered around 220 watts at most , of of the 500watts max,  rest of em pretty much have hit it's most efficient point, Post yours down below..

how do you check how much wattage you are using?

I have a gtx 660, and I haven't even been able to push that. 

Literally all of it. I pushed my 850w with dual 470s + 3770k in the past, I pushed my GPUs in every regard.... I use VMs so I push my CPU and RAM. I abuse the HDDs.... I guess my case? Only because it isn't fully populated with drives.

1 minute ago, cleb said:

I have a gtx 660, and I haven't even been able to push that. 

really?  how?  Pretty much any game these days will work it pretty well.  I should know ;) (I have one too)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

really?  how?  Pretty much any game these days will work it pretty well.  I should know ;) (I have one too)

I'm not playing many super modern or intensive games. I played alot of older games first then Civ. I'm starting to play darksouls 2 and I think that might be the most intensive. Unless you count ARK Surivival evolved which technically I haven't gotten to play, since it continuously crashes at the title screen. 

36 minutes ago, cleb said:

I'm not playing many super modern or intensive games. I played alot of older games first then Civ. I'm starting to play darksouls 2 and I think that might be the most intensive. Unless you count ARK Surivival evolved which technically I haven't gotten to play, since it continuously crashes at the title screen. 

Well I wouldn't count it if it's just been crashing, but if you ever get it to work, it will bring that card to it's knees :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

FX-8320 at 4.0-4.2GHZ...

I'm limited by the motherboard(4+2 phase) and cooler(stock cooler) to OC.

CPU, RAM, and PSU. An i7 4790k is not necessary for the gaming I do and watching YouTube. Also, 16GB of Dominator Platinum 1866MHz is completely unnecessary. Looks cool though. Then the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W. Running 3DMark Fire Strike, my PC was only pulling about 450W from the wall if I'm remembering right. The thing was on sale when I got it though. It was actually cheaper than the 650W version at the time.

Probably just my psu I have a 750 watt psu with a machine that has a core i5 and a 750ti I pretty much hammer everything for long periods of time on that pc while video editing and while rendering my videos after editing them also I hammer the gpu while I'm gaming

Quick Specs:

Core i5 4690k stock speed

Hyper 212 evo with single Noctua NF-F12 fan mounted to it

12gb of ddr3 1600mhz ram two 2gb sticks and two 4gb sticks

2tb of hdds two 500gb hdds and one 1tb hdd

Geforce GTX 750ti

a $50 msi board that has very little overclocking

and a 750 watt corsair psu

RAM hasnt been touched. Everything else has been tuned to make the most of its bin but not overclocked.

With some repasting & undervolting of CPU and GPUs I took what was a throttly gaming laptop to a stable at full load unit which is able to run ~150mhz GPU turbo boost (I was hoping to get the temps down under the 80s but the GPU just ended up automatically ramping up more well it sat at ~83C and the CPU at ~90C, not the desired result but a positive nonetheless.

SSDs (2xSamsung 840 Evo 128gb) are in raid 0 so I suppose you could call it pushed to its full potential. Storage is also at about 90%, so again pushed to potential :D.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Literally nothing in my rig.

When rendering, running a game server, or streaming I get up to around 14gbs of usage.

My cpu gets pegged near max when I'm rendering and is already at 4.7ghz

My gpu can't be overclocked any further, the fury x is really not that great of an overclocker to begin with.

My motherboard runs too many hard drives, has all 4 dims populated, and all fan headers split to power the 6 fans & pump

my keyboard has 6 macros assigned to it, and in most games has around 90% of the keys mapped

my mouse is set to a VERY particular sensitivity at each three steps for the games I play.

even my poor 750W (which I highly suspect is only capable of around 650W) is being pushed, powering an overclocked i7 with 360mm rad, all that ram, all dem hdds, and a oc'd fury x .

The only thing I can think of, is that my motherboard has an m.2 slot, and im still running mechanical storage because im too poor right now to upgrade my storage and I make do just fine on what ive got.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'd say PSU. I can't have used more than 200W from it at a time, even with my gpu OC to the edge of death. One day though, one day. Everything else is almost always used to the max. With the 2-3 virtual machines I run daily, CPU rarely runs less than 50% usages, RAM sits around 70% of 16gb, and ive almost completely filled both 1TB HDD. And the mobo could be considered underutilized, since it has a z97 chipset adn runs a locked cpu, but I wouldnt dare OC on that thing. its only a crappy 3+1 powerphase dell board, and I don''t trust it to not burn everyhing down.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

The 24GB of RAM I have, I've only ever used 12GB of it at a time. I've never used the 24GB completely.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

I honestly can't think of anything.

Obviously I've pinned my GPU and CPU at 100% a lot...

I've definitely pushed my PSU to it's full potential (450W powering an overclocked R9 290)...

I've pushed my SSD to it's limits, which includes my RAM for caching as well, all 16GB...

I cram as many USB devices as I can onto my motherboard....

My CPU cooler is working hard to keep my 4570 cool in what little space it has...

Even my case is pushing the limit...

I need to chill out some, my PC is a hard worker xD

I would have to say the most underused part in my system is the Usb ports, considering I bent one of the 3.0 pins on the motherboard header, and i still have like 4 extra on my motherboard. Although I may need more when the time to get VR comes.

My CPU gets pegged with things such as MFSX, and my Gpu takes a battering from some of my games, even my odd gets used semi-often...

Current system: CPU:I5 6600k 4.5Ghz, CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC, Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gamer, Ram:Adata XPG 4x2 2400, Graphics Card:MSi GTX 970 + Zotac 970, Hard drives:256gb SSD+1tb WD Blue, Case:Corsair Spec 01 Power Supply:XFX TS  750 watt Bronze, OS:Windows 10 64bit

I haven't used the m.2 slot on my mobo and I haven't used overclocking feature, since I am stupid and I bought a non-K CPU.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

My i7-4790K, I rarely use over 15% CPU, even when gaming

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

I have an Enermax ECR501, and I only ever use the USB ports and SD card slot. It's still better for getting 10GB+ videos off of my SDXC card when I'm done shooting.

My Corsair case's physical front i/o start button...

Why?

I power off from Windows start menu and power on by pressing my keyboard

button.

I should start using it to take advantage of it's full potential.

On 5/2/2016 at 7:32 PM, Condor said:

Definitely my corsair HX750 PSU, which I thought would be just good enough for my 3570k and 650 ti boost xD

ditto

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

In my current build the psu isnt being pushed but it used to.

The rest of the parts like cpu and ram are usually at 80% of max load.

My NIC cant be used fully until i get a new network switch.

My 4690k and GTX 960, my PSU is too shit to allow me to overclock them to a decent level. i5 is only at 3.9 and my 960 has 1390 on the core and 1953 on the memory, any voltage to either causes it to crash in windows :/

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h