Wrong GMaps address led to a wrong house being destroyed

Djole123

Ain't that a hefty price lesson to be learned. I hope the crew doesn't get canned.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

@Djole123 I would update the post to include more information about the state of the house before it got demolished, as it was already damaged by a tornado which makes the odds of confusing it with the house to demolish higher (still a school boy error though).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

17 hours ago, SparkyRain said:

So they can't read numbers? Buildingnumber on each house is a normal thing around here. Failarmy please record this one.

5 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Looking at the house number on the goddamn house was too hard...

It was the same house number, wrong street name. 7601 Cousteau was what they wanted to demolish, 7601 Calypso was what they demolished.

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

@Djole123 I would update the post to include more information about the state of the house before it got demolished, as it was already damaged by a tornado which makes the odds of confusing it with the house to demolish higher (still a school boy error though).

Forgot to add that. Thanks!

BTW yeah you saw that there are a lot of dummies who don't know anything 'bout geography. Idiots.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

So they happily destroyed something without contacting the owner.

On the other hand, if the house looked like abandoned shithole then its probably not too surprising that the workers took it down.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The thing about all of this is that demolition companies don't need to be licensed in texas (well that's what the news told me). That makes a situation where some are much more trustable than others. It seems this one was less trustable. Still. They screwed up pretty bad. I would sue them faster than new horizons went past the moon (9 hours after launch, which is pretty fricking fast).

In related news, I live near that place! Well sorta. It's in the DFW area, and I am too.

The smartest idiot you will ever find

22 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I don't even know where to start from. And not even an apology? I'd sue the hell out of them.

Apologizing is an admission of guilt. Any lawyer with half a brain would explicitly tell them NOT to apologize until all pending legal actions are completed because it will cost them a lot more money if they apologize now especially if their defense it to place the blame elsewhere (i.e. Google).

-KuJoe

7 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Apologizing is an admission of guilt. Any lawyer with half a brain would explicitly tell them NOT to apologize until all pending legal actions are completed because it will cost them a lot more money if they apologize now especially if their defense it to place the blame elsewhere (i.e. Google).

funny as they can't blame google since it's on GMaps ToS:

Assumption of Risk. When you use Google Maps/Google Earth's map data, traffic, directions, and other Content, you may find that actual conditions differ from the map results and Content, so exercise your independent judgment and use Google Maps/Google Earth at your own risk. You’re responsible at all times for your conduct and its consequences

and they are at fault no matter how you look at it. Shouldn't even try to fight that and just apologize and pay what they have to pay

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'm not in the demolition business but if I ever were I would never bulldoze anything without the owner looking at it and saying "do it"...just too much of a liability otherwise.

50 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

funny as they can't blame google since it's on GMaps ToS:

Assumption of Risk. When you use Google Maps/Google Earth's map data, traffic, directions, and other Content, you may find that actual conditions differ from the map results and Content, so exercise your independent judgment and use Google Maps/Google Earth at your own risk. You’re responsible at all times for your conduct and its consequences

and they are at fault no matter how you look at it. Shouldn't even try to fight that and just apologize and pay what they have to pay

They actually can blame Google all they want (it's a free country after all) and as a business they will try to limit their liability as much as possible. Without knowing the whole story nobody here is really in any position to judge the situation from a legal standpoint.

-KuJoe

my faith in humanity has again reached 0.0000000001

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread !