Funny BS response from eBay seller

WolfDeville

So I bought something off of eBay and I wasn't happy with the product, I messaged the seller and this is the response I got (I didn't add the quotes, they were included in the message lel):

"Hi respect buyer,

I really sorry for all the inconvenience.

As these days, My husband has died in a traffic accident when he ship you package to your place, and I have to spend lots of time to settle out his funeral. and I now become a single mother with three kids.

That is why your item was defective, Please accept my sincerely apologize.

Now this account is my all the economic source for feed my family.

How about we refund you AUD 4 and you do not leave us any feedback and do not need to return it ?

sincerely,
Alan"

Such a disgusting lie, I can't believe someone can stoop that low just to save a few bucks haha.  I like how they put the message in quotes, almost as if they have a list of excuses they use to send to customers. My favourite thing about this is they claim to now be a single mother and at the end they put "sincerely, Alan".

Yep, people are desperate and scamming creatures, willing to lie if it can get them anything.

16 minutes ago, Sir. Swagelot said:

Yep, people are desperate and scamming creatures, willing to lie if it can get them anything.

Agreed. Although I am just a bit shocked this happened on eBay, I've heard some stories but I've never experienced anything like this before in the 8 years I've been using it.

Personally, I do not find ebay a reliable thing to buy stuff off of, which Is why I don't use it.

I have recently started selling things on eBay. It would have to be a looooonnggg day for me to try to pull anything like that

And I'd have to have been hit in the head several times to expect it to work....

It's 2016, women have a right to be named Alan!

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Well recently I called a buyer who offers me £15 (rejected) then £20 (also rejected) for my Phantecs cooler a scrub and blocked him from bidding on my items.

There's no more minimum offer thing, I'm trying to get at least £50 for it with 3 fans.

Linus is my fetish.

I've ordered a few dozen things on eBay and have never had any problems with items or refunds. No idea how people find these sellers. But then again I check feedback first before ordering anything.

That name could easily be pronounced differently than what you are assuming...though a woman with the name "Alan" is not impossible to find.

What did you buy? How much was it? Is the refund the person is offering the same cost?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

4 hours ago, Albatross said:

That name could easily be pronounced differently than what you are assuming...though a woman with the name "Alan" is not impossible to find.

What did you buy? How much was it? Is the refund the person is offering the same cost?

Yeah I thought that as well but either way it is complete bullshit. It was a headset that was damaged when I received it. Paid 12AUD for it (yes I know ots shit but it's a backup).

Could be a gay man?

Oh no wait - single mother with 3 kids.

Linus is my fetish.

Sounds like a low life. Even when life happens, I've always gone the extra mile to take care of my customers. More than once I've taken a loss so as to make the customer happy. I've also bought a product from a seller than did seem to have a family emergency. Given his communication I don't believe he was making anything up. In your case, well...

Never tell me the odds.” Followed by:  “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Which leads to:  “It’s a trap!”

Same here but then I have amazing customer service skills (reference - previous employer) and a customer service qualification.

When a lot of people buy my stuff on eBay, they can't believe the level of service I offer including sending them a picture of the parcel just before I post it, and Ive had a lot of people say that I've restored their faith in buying on eBay.

I am going to be sad the day that my 100% positive feedback is ruined.

Linus is my fetish.

One time though, as I previously posted in the people who don't know about tech thread, I went mad at a dumbass .... (Dumbasses just make me mad and I can't help that, like the current lady at interparcel), he placed a bid on my item which was listed as an ebay / PayPal only sale and sent me a message:

'Hello, can I pick up the item and pay by cash? I don't have enough money in my bank' (item cost <£100).

No you can't you dumbass, you placed an offer, and I accepted. Pay by PayPal or get reported for scamming.

'Insert insane rant from him here about me trying to force him to pay by accepting his best offer when I wouldn't accept his cash in hand offer'.

I reply with lolololtrolltrolltrollinsultinsultinsult'.

He leaves me negative feedback and complains about how terrible I am at customer service.

1) He hadn't bought anything off me and was actually refusing to pay. That's a scammer not a customer

2) EBay removed his negative feedback because no trade had actually taken place, nor any payment made.

I just get mad at stupid people, I can't help it.

Linus is my fetish.

12 hours ago, Gale said:

It's 2016, women have a right to be named Alan!

And man have the right to be named Alice!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9 hours ago, Bhav said:

I just get mad at stupid people, I can't help it.

And the scary part is that they reproduce...

Never tell me the odds.” Followed by:  “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Which leads to:  “It’s a trap!”

Right, so at the moment the person that I accepted a best offer from on my soundcard did not respond for over a full day after I messaged him following accepting the offer.

Now he messages, apologises for the delay and tells me he has paid.

EBay still says the item is waiting for payment and have not sent me an email to confirm its been paid for.

Block and report seems to be the best option right now.

Linus is my fetish.

Report the Account.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO