Petition agianst a GTA V PC port

MiracleMan

I wasn't excluding the idiots who where writing comments like that. I only saw a few "defending"  pc gamers and they had somewhat good grammar. and that's it. I probably shout have read further :P

It's alright :), my point was merely that we should not generalise along the lines of saying that all console gamers are inherently stupid and all PC gamers are inherently more intelligent and knowledgeable.

I think it is easy to fall into that mind set when you hang around in this forum are other PC hardware derived forum.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

It's alright :), my point was merely that we should not generalise along the lines of saying that all console gamers are inherently stupid and all PC gamers are inherently more intelligent and knowledgeable.

I think it is easy to fall into that mind set when you hang around in this forum are other PC hardware derived forum.

I know, I don't think consoles gamers are idiots at all. I do believe that the console gamers who signed that petition are idiots though. :P

Every person who signed against PC should be facing a firing squad pronto.

So dirty console peasants are so mad and jealous that they are not trying to make the lives of other people worse, without improving their own lives? I could get it if RockStar was only going to release it on one platform, but why try to deny other people enjoyment if you don't get anything good in return?

It's like going "no, I don't want other people to win the lottery because I want everyone to be as miserable as me! Nobody is allowed to have it better than me.".

I know, I don't think consoles gamers are idiots at all. I do believe that the console gamers who signed that petition are idiots though. :P

Very possible, or just heavily miss informed

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Console gamers are just jealous that our PC's are 10 times more powerful than their crap consoles.

Console gamers are just jealous that our PC's are 10 times more powerful than their crap consoles.

It's comments like this that make them hate us

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

It's comments like this that make them hate us

its true, but what are we going to do about those console gamers?

I say we try to take down the xbox one and ps4 network on launch day. were all smart here our combined iq is sooooooo much higher than any console gaming forum we can figure out how to make this happen 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

"because GTA is for console gaming. fvck pc gaming"

"Port begging, pirating and then cribbing about lack of resolutions and textures Nd effects is only thing these guys know to do.

If RDR didn't teach them, let this be the lesson to either give up piracy or buy consoles."

"I am in Russia now, but I think R* should not do a PC Version because Console Versions NEVER go pirated!"

"most of you fa**ots wanting this on pc wont be able to run it, so f**k off."

"pls dont rleas gta V 5 on Pc, pc has only ddr3, while we have ddr5, so PC cant play gta 5. I wonder how they were albe to play gta4 even so they dont have ddr4."

"I hate pc gaming."

"PC shit, console the best"

"Because PC Gamers always ruin good games by modding."

"PC is not a game system."

"Because its beter be on xbox and ps"

"pc is sh*te"

"to many butons"

"PC gaming must die"

"So PC gamers finally get their balls together and buy the system,no pirating,modding and hacking.And they would be pissed and join the consoles and leave the PC's."

wow

I can't believe that I associated with these people for as long as I did, no d*mmed wonder I haven't touched my Xbox in more than two years. Also am I the only one who noticed that more people signed it to bash the jelly console guys then they did because they actually agree with the petition?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

My brother signed this stupid petition.. His only argument to why console gaming is "superior" is that we need to upgrade every month to be able to play the game.. Nearly everything he says is not true, for example: He Said that Xbox one Will outperform any computer at the moment..

My brother signed this stupid petition.. His only argument to why console gaming is "superior" is that we need to upgrade every month to be able to play the game.. Nearly everything he says is not true, for example: He Said that Xbox one Will outperform any computer at the moment..

lol, I've had to disprove that more times then I care to remember

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i dont even.....

whaaa?

wait they want to stop ME from pirating games??? theyy those people

IMPOSIBRUUUUUUU

Stupid kids or fanboy adults, they don't think.

The only thing they want is attention and piss people off.

(well you can't manufacture an playstation or xbox without any help from a pc or mac)

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

What these window lickers seem to forget is that their precious console can only exist because their games are made on PC's. Games that have to be dumbed down so that their underpowered hardware can manage it at 720p/30fps. The games developed for those shit boxes have to hide from their true potential for the sake of running on those outdated toasters. Imagine where we would be right now if games weren't being held back by consoles, the only reason consoles exist is because they have less overhead and they're easier for simple minded people to deal with.

Console gamers launched a petition agianst a PC version of Rockstars GTA: V claiming that PC gamers do not deserve the game due to the high amount of piracy on that platform. 

http://vr-zone.com/articles/console-fan-launches-petition-bringing-gta-v-pc/55715.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=console-fan-launches-petition-bringing-gta-v-pc

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#share

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh wait, they were serious....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe these dense people fail to realize their precious console games are developed on high end workstations.

Edit: Nice to know this thread is full of sensible people.

It worked for The Division.

But that was for bringing a game to PC. And sorry if my answer is in the quote box, I'm on mobile and the mobile version isn't really good.

Halo 3-4 and The Last of Us ain't available on PC. I don't care anymore. T_T

Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Naga 2012 - Naga - Tiamat 2.2 - Electra - Nostromo - Manticor - Scarab - Mouse Bungee - Hoodie - Messenger Bag - Keyboard Bag - L33T Pack - Synapse - Comms - Game Booster 

Oh and btw 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Petition to Port to PC

Ih2FWg4.jpg

Vs

Petition against Port to PC

efN47d1.jpg

1441 are imature adults. The other is probably don't get permission to use their parent's computer xD

"because GTA is for console gaming. fvck pc gaming"

"Port begging, pirating and then cribbing about lack of resolutions and textures Nd effects is only thing these guys know to do.

If RDR didn't teach them, let this be the lesson to either give up piracy or buy consoles."

"I am in Russia now, but I think R* should not do a PC Version because Console Versions NEVER go pirated!"

"most of you fa**ots wanting this on pc wont be able to run it, so f**k off."

"pls dont rleas gta V 5 on Pc, pc has only ddr3, while we have ddr5, so PC cant play gta 5. I wonder how they were albe to play gta4 even so they dont have ddr4."

"I hate pc gaming."

"PC shit, console the best"

"Because PC Gamers always ruin good games by modding."

"PC is not a game system."

"Because its beter be on xbox and ps"

"pc is sh*te"

"to many butons"

"PC gaming must die"

"So PC gamers finally get their balls together and buy the system,no pirating,modding and hacking.And they would be pissed and join the consoles and leave the PC's."

wow

I can't believe that I associated with these people for as long as I did, no d*mmed wonder I haven't touched my Xbox in more than two years. Also am I the only one who noticed that more people signed it to bash the jelly console guys then they did because they actually agree with the petition?

I had the exact same reaction when I read that. The level of dumb was off the charts, it was bad. Don't get me wrong, I loved the hell out of some consoles (okay, the ones from the 90's I grew up with and the  early 2000's ones) and some franchises are only for console like Pokemon or Legend of Zelda..but for the other uber 1337 look at us consoles aka Sony/Microsoft, there really isn't enough exclusives anymore to keep me interested in consoles like I was many years ago. Anything cross-platform will always look superior on a PC. I can also emulate a lot of older titles. For me, I stopped really caring for consoles the moment they stopped being simple dedicated gaming machines and started to morph into PC wannabees.

What these window lickers seem to forget is that their precious console can only exist because their games are made on PC's. Games that have to be dumbed down so that their underpowered hardware can manage it at 720p/30fps. The games developed for those shit boxes have to hide from their true potential for the sake of running on those outdated toasters. Imagine where we would be right now if games weren't being held back by consoles, the only reason consoles exist is because they have less overhead and they're easier for simple minded people to deal with.

Nononono, you got that all wrong, it will most likely be 480p and run around 20-30fps. I've seen a lot of fps lag lately in the newer games they are releasing. It's quite amusing watching it honestly.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

There is no cracking involved with Console copies, you just copy the disc using freeware, put it in a modded console and voila!.

It's cheaper to buy a modded console on Craigslist then it is in the store AND they will deliver it to your house like a Pizza in many cities

many sellers will even throw in a few games.

First off, just because you know this does not mean that most console gamers know this. FACT a higher % of PC pirated games are played then on Console. Also, the difficulty lies in getting your Console Modded, something most console gamers dont know how to do and are reluctant to get someone to do as it would void their warranty. 

Second off, I'm not even going to get into the fact that your post promotes piracy and tells anyone who does not know how to do it, to do it and where to get the games. The fact that its obvious to you means nothing btw

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

First off, just because you know this does not mean that most console gamers know this. FACT a higher % of PC pirated games are played then on Console. Also, the difficulty lies in getting your Console Modded, something most console gamers dont know how to do and are reluctant to get someone to do as it would void their warranty. 

Second off, I'm not even going to get into the fact that your post promotes piracy and tells anyone who does not know how to do it, to do it and where to get the games. The fact that its obvious to you means nothing btw

Whether most console players know about or participate in console game piracy is irrelevant, it either is or isn't and console piracy most definitely "is". I imagine many PC gamers who are less knowledgeable on the subject of PC's wouldn't know about game piracy if it wasn't shoved in our faces by game's "media" every bloody day. I knew about console piracy long before I transitioned to PC gaming and I still had no desire to steal a game and the same is true on PC, sure I wanted the game but the benefits of getting the free game did not outweigh the downsides of having to have a modded console which would keep me from safely accessing all of the available features that a 360 had to offer and on PC depriving the Dev of the money they so rightly deserved for making the game does not sit right with me,  I mean if you stole a game and liked it would you really go back and buy a legit copy that most likely has strings attached in the form of some asinine DRM especially if doing so would keep you from spending the money on something potentially more important like bills or food?

Yes it's far easier to get away with on the PC but that's because PC's are less restricted than consoles, a fact that we are all well aware of, the very nature of PC's make it easier to do pretty much anything we want. However I wager that if the constant stream of bitching about piracy wasn't constantly thrown at us most people would not be aware of the ability to pirate a game. Sure there would still be groups of people with the knowledge and ability to do so but piracy would not be as widespread as it is now (though still a small percentage compared to the rest of the legitimate PC gamer population).

The fact is, neither "population" be it Console or PC is innocent, small parts of both sides partake in game theft but large portions of both don't. While it is true that more people steal games on PC than Console's it's simply because it is a more present topic in PC circles than it is in Console circles and it's easier to accomplish on PC. Most of the people who signed the petition are most likely the typical rage-o-holic 12 year old's who live off of Call of Duty and Redbull, they are ignorant of the situation and it's likely that they don't care to learn the truth behind it, a fact that was clearly demonstrated by the comments I quoted off the petition's page. They are irrational and immediately rally against anything they perceive as a threat or as a superior force, which the PC very much is that superior force, we've all seen it and I've even taken part in the mindless petty fanboy rage in my less enlightened days. There is no way to "win" the situation really, we can argue and insult each other until the bloody sun explodes and it will get us nowhere. It is very likely that Rockstar will port GTAV to the PC because no company on this planet would listen to a bunch of obscenity spewing, foam-mouthed, strung out, socially inept, underdeveloped, cromangon CoD bro's and preteens. All of this nonsense will end in roughly 8-14 months when GTAV is released on PC, I doubt anyone who signed the petition will remember all this nonsense given their attention span.

On a related note,

People have been stealing things since our primate days and the only real way to stop people from stealing something is to not actually make something or have something they want to steal and seeing as people will literally steal anything the only way to avoid it is to never make or have anything. For obvious reasons that can't happen so theft in all it's forms is something we will have to deal with like we've been doing before video games existed. One fact, one of the absolute truth's about people is that if you put a price tag on something, no matter what it is, some moron will buy it and some scumbag will steal it.

What I find hilarious is that the console peasants think that this petition will even get the shortest glance from Rockstar.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I found this particular comment to be quite amusing

BuFNWk7.png

You can see the ignorance pouring out of that comment, getting all over your desk, it has a distinct disgusting smell, the smell of the worse kind of fanboy, the ignorant fanboy.