Need for Speed (2015) - PC Reveal trailer - 4k support, no FPS cap, manual transmission, release date

TrigrH

Source: http://www.needforspeed.com/news/pc-release-date

Tonight we Ride! Coming March 15th to North America and March 17th to rest of the world.

Its kinda sad its taken this long for a PC NFS game to be ported properly. (fingers crossed) 

The extra development time has allowed us to create the definitive NFS PC experience. One of the burning topics of discussion amongst our Community has been the inclusion of Manual Transmission - we can now confirm this will be in the game when Need for Speed launches on PC.

Not sure why this isn't standard? IRL automatic is an extra :D

With the release on PC we're also adding steering wheel support for a selection of wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec. As with Manual Transmission this is a decision taken based purely on Community feedback. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best Need for Speed experience possible and your feedback has been playing a huge role in that.

Lets hope it supports other (non xbox) gamepads also. (it wont, but there are workarounds for that)

The PC version of Need for Speed will be releasing on March 15th. If you’re an Origin Access member, you can play the game early for a limited time, starting March 10. Not a member? Join today.

NO, BAD EA, BAD. (if it wasn't clear you need to BUY Origin Access then BUY the game at ~90%? of its price)

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

ported properly.

dont jinx it :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wait, why is "manual transmission" in the title like an unexpected feature...?  Have I missed something awful?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Lol, uncapped fps is a feature now?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, ivan134 said:

Lol, uncapped fps is a feature now?

Sadly, yes.  Absolutely pathetic that the return of this is so amazing it has to be one of the 3 main selling points, but yes.  Yes it is.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wait, why is "manual transmission" in the title like an unexpected feature...?  Have I missed something awful?

From what I heard the console was locked in automatic mode.  "Gives it more of an arcadey feel" but it just sounds silly to me.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

It's funny that they have to say what the game is featuring that should be natively supported on PC. Least they're doing it and fixing their mistake. I hope it turns out to be a good racing game -- I'd buy it.

Based on what I've seen, if only the game had a replay value. Not anything spectacular. Also rubberbanding.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Aruxx said:

From what I heard the console was locked in automatic mode.  "Gives it more of an arcadey feel" but it just sounds silly to me.

oh god... it just keeps getting worse...

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Not sure why this isn't standard? IRL automatic is an extra :D

No kidding.  If they're claiming they had to work extra hard to add such a difficult feature, I think we can safely say no this will be utter crap since they're clearly well-practised liars.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

No kidding.  If they're claiming they had to work extra hard to add such a difficult feature, I think we can safely say no this will be utter crap since they're clearly well-practised liars.

I pre ordered in September, I just make these posts to convince myself that I haven't fkd up.

Just now, TrigrH said:

I pre ordered in September, I just make these posts to convince myself that I haven't fkd up.

well it looks great from the video, but it was hardly enough to know for sure.  I'm hope it's good but I'm not going to hold by breath :)

Lol, right back to Mid Town Madness 3, which came with my original Xbox, you had the option of going auto or manual. So not including it would have just been laziness (and kind of stupid as I find driving manual in any Xbox game is far better than manual).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Excluding the partial sim-like spinoff that was shift, NFS hasn't had manual in a long freaking time, i think post prostreet is when they dumped it.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

2 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

Excluding the partial sim-like spinoff that was shift, NFS hasn't had manual in a long freaking time, i think post prostreet is when they dumped it.

oh wow... I stopped playing them after... what was it called... the one after most wanted ... it was really blue :P

looks good!

、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``
、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽマッテェ(ノ;Д;)ノ `、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、
ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``

i'm curious as to how this game will handle with a wheel. considering how handicapped the handling is on the console versions i don't know if wheel support is something to brag about 

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh wow... I stopped playing them after... what was it called... the one after most wanted ... it was really blue :P

that's carbon, had its short comings, not as good as the og MW but still better that the shit they have released these past years. (expect shift 1 and 2, despite being a cross of arcade and sim like, they were overall great games.)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

1 minute ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

that's carbon, had its short comings, not as good as the og MW but still better that the shit they have released these past years. (expect shift 1 and 2, despite being a cross of arcade and sim like, they were overall great games.)

ah yes that sounds right.  Yeah, haven't played NFS since then :D  Guess I missed out on a real s*** show...

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

1:50

It's pretty fast and I can't go frame by frame... what specifically are you pointing out?