So, how do you feel about the new look?

IMPERIUS

It's quite slower tbh when loading, but I suppose that'll be fixed. Also -1526 posts in forum suggestions? :D

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Honestly, I like the new look. Since a lot of the features keep changing up, change is good.

Thanks for bearing with us guys. As with any major software transition, we are having some day one issues. Please, if you don't like something or have any ideas, share it with us. We're getting quite a lot of feedback right now so we won't be able to reply to everything, but we're doing our absolute best to read it all.

For LTT 2.0, we have a brand new development workflow that allows us to push updates much more rapidly than we did before. The design is going to iterate and get better fairly quickly. Right now I am working on stability improvements for Awards and Advanced Reputation - both of which were developed in house by LMG - and improvements to the theme (particularly navigation). 

Developing everything in-house means we get much better control and integration, but it also means that we have a smaller team working on a larger codebase. We implore you to give us feedback, it will only get better from here :)

Edit: The speed issues are because our server is working on reformatting all of our content to match the new style. Our database is >50GB of text, so it's going to take quite a long time.

2 minutes ago, Cat :^) said:

Thanks for bearing with us guys. As with any major software transition, we are having some day one issues. Please, if you don't like something or have any ideas, share it with us. We're getting quite a lot of feedback right now so we won't be able to reply to everything, but we're doing our absolute best to read it all.

For LTT 2.0, we have a brand new development workflow that allows us to push updates much more rapidly than we did before. The design is going to iterate and get better fairly quickly. Right now I am working on stability improvements for Awards and Advanced Reputation - both of which were developed in house by LMG - and improvements to the theme (particularly navigation). 

Developing everything in-house means we get much better control and integration, but it also means that we have a smaller team working on a larger codebase. We implore you to give us feedback, it will only get better from here :)

I see no one got Beta Tester Awards. I worked so hard to break your precious site too :'( 

I seem to like change after all (determined by an overall good feeling I have about the switch to LTT 2.0).

There is one thing I am missing though:  The "Manage My Content" section in the the profile drop down menu.  I know in my profile it shows "See My Activity"; but that is two clicks to get that list up.  TWO, instead of ONE!!!  =P

(Actually three clicks, instead of two... but who is counting... ... =/)

Anyways, good job to all involved (testers as well of course).

I like it, except I can't seem to view just status updates. Also, I have no notifications apparently.

40Cyqlo.png

its ok apart from the missing 'manage my content' that was before from the top right corner profile submenu. i really need it to see the activity in the topics i posted. i don`t want to follow all them topics in which i post cmon to many useless notifications. notifications are ok when someone replies or likes my posts.

so could you bring us back that option in the submenu please ??

10 minutes ago, Rune said:

The ability for firefox to pop open a window, even on another screen, when I get a notification is AWESOME.

I am now just wrestling with this.  I think the sound and popup are cool but it might be a bit too much for me.  Too much noise =P  I don't know if I want to turn it off, but I probably will eventually.

The color difference indicating which page you're on is VERY subtle. A more immediately obvious difference would be nice, even if it does say Page X of Y right next to it.

WWymXPm.jpg

I think the mobile page is a bit of downgrade in terms of speed, pages load much slower. 

Edit: Using it on desktop now, it's also much slower to load pages in chrome. 

A bit too clumsy for my taste.. the previous one was much organized or so I thought

I like the mobile version a lot better , but i prefered the old PC version

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

6 hours ago, IMPERIUS said:

The new forum launched and its still a bit of a work in progress.

I just wanted to make this thread to ask the general community how they feel about the new look and feel of the forum based from what they have seen so far.

I kiiiinda like it, I was used to the old look so I still need some getting used to it but its ok I guess. 

One thing I really don't like is how big the post count number is on the main page, it actually looks bigger than the thread text. And I consider post count to not be such an important thing that needs such a big size

Your suggestions? Feedback?

edit: I think the white window is too big. Like a 1-line post takes up - imo- way to much vertical space

I will have to adjust, in my mind it seems like a good idea, but to be honest I'm not really that into change. The old forum was just fine as it was

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

i miss my quick access to sorting the news section, its now 2 clicks even though there is free space

rybdtzan42.jpg

also the contributor prices seem messed up too lol

cgfbewtv44.jpg

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

3 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

I kinda looks it needs a bit more cleaning up especially in the fonts

Second, what's the difference between good point and agree

Agree would be what it says. Very positive for the post. Good Point is more neutral like acknowledging user while not quite agreeing. Personally I don't understand why Friendly was added (after Beta).

2 hours ago, LoneRangerS said:

I see no one got Beta Tester Awards. I worked so hard to break your precious site too :'( 

I have mine in Beta site :D If that would still be up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Love all the new features, but the spacing will take some time to get used to. Not as neat and tight as before.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Coming back for another bit of input here.

I feel like the different "like" buttons are kind of useless. The only thing I can foresee myself using is the agree button, as it's essentially the same as the old likes. If I find something informative, funny, friendly, or if someone has a good point, I'm more than likely going to agree with it as well. Everything but agree seems kind of useless when it comes down to it. In my opinion.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

2 minutes ago, Whorax said:

Coming back for another bit of input here.

I feel like the different "like" buttons are kind of useless. The only thing I can foresee myself using is the agree button, as it's essentially the same as the old likes. If I find something informative, funny, friendly, or if someone has a good point, I'm more than likely going to agree with it as well. Everything but agree seems kind of useless when it comes down to it. In my opinion.

I want a thanks button. I thought there used to be one...

Personally I prefer the old forum more. I'm not too fond of how much space the recent topics are taking up, especially since I like having multiple windows open at the same time.

8 hours ago, ALwin said:

Untitled-1.jpg.4c75b2e0b8a38da2111b2a9b2

I'm talking about the width of this column I boxed in red, I feel it's too wide and space is wasted.

I agree with this, the grey space on the left is too wide.

Linus is my fetish.

I was fine with the old Style. But i will get used to the new one. Why is the Rank not visible anymore?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Really liking it overall, a few tweaks to be made, but a lovely first step into the new LTT forums. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I like the new look, and I love how mobile doesn't use TapaTalk anymore. If the site forces you to auto follow your own posts, that'd be amazing. I also like the multiple ways to like something. Lot more diversity.

Recent topics don't have enough topics listed out, and the multiquote icon doesn't make much sense to me. The quote button is an arrow, why not make the multiquote button an arrow with 2 or 3 heads?

One thing that bugs me about writing posts is that if I press enter, like now

It skips a whole line. Where in the 1.0, if I pressed enter, it'd skip to a next line like the other paragraphs

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!